73 taxi drivers arrested in Phuket anti-mafia drive

Lite Beer

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It was explained that, of the 287 taxi stands in Phuket, 70 were found to be involved in “mafia” behaviour."

....... Surely another typo - should it not be 270 were found to be involved in “mafia” behaviour?

Let's hope the authorities continue to keep up the good work - no mention of Patong though!!!

Thanks Army in charge. PTP and the police were too incompetent. Some moan about you being in power, but at least you're real men, and tossed out the Chinawatra fiefdom. Gettin' er done! Also comical you silenced a lot of guys on this forum who are rockin' bar girls and epitomize the Shinawatras, haha.

• Like 2

The truth is - when the rot is at the very top of the pile as in the Thaksin government - the law and enforcement become unimportant, only power money and greed prevail orchestrated by the biggest power hungry - greedy - corrupt official Thailand has ever known in recent history

The General could easily have taken over that roll but it seems he is a different man entirely, I hope he maintains his integrity and his position until the rot is completely removed from this land - it does seem to be a possibility

• Like 1

Quietly hopeful, but, not yet 100% convinced.

It looks like the start of a massive cleanup, that will take time. Almost nowhere in this world I'd be 100% convinced of actions with the best intentions, so for me Thailand would be no different in that aspect.

Compliments to the Thai army, this will make a difference and will be remembered.

I wonder what the penalty will be? If its just another slap on the wrist whats the point?

Some of this trash will face 10 years in prison for their thuggery

How can you be sure they gonna do many years? I certainly hope you are right though.

I wonder what the penalty will be? If its just another slap on the wrist whats the point?

Some of this trash will face 10 years in prison for their thuggery

How can you be sure they gonna do many years? I certainly hope you are right though.

No one knows for long long they are going away, but lets hope the General is right.

>>“Some of them face up to 10 years in jail,” Gen Paween told the Gazette.

Within those few weeks after the coup we got more good news than in the past 6 years before the coup combined! Nice to see that finally they start to crack down on the real crooks.

Bra-f#$%ing-A-vo!!!!! thumbsup.gifclap2.gifwai2.gif

Edited by catweazle
  • Like 1

I've always said it would take the Thai Army, and many members ridiculed me.

Just shows how rotten the police are here that it takes the Thai Army to do their job for them.

You really do deserve to be ridiculed. Just when it looked as though you may be making a good point you go and spoil it with your last sentence and your recurring lack of reading ability or refusal to give credit where it is due. One third of the operation was the RTP.

I have to disagree, the mafia are man with guns, the RTP are man with guns. For years many of us were asking ourselves why no action was taken and for reasons discussed here on many threads we know why no action was taken, than finally the Thai Army came in (also man with guns) and cleaned this smutch.

• Like 1

Thanks Army in charge. PTP and the police were too incompetent. Some moan about you being in power, but at least you're real men, and tossed out the Chinawatra fiefdom. Gettin' er done! Also comical you silenced a lot of guys on this forum who are rockin' bar girls and epitomize the Shinawatras, haha.

Maybe the Army will round them up to. thumbsup.gifwai.gif

Now for the hard part, setting up a public transportation system on the island. The only way that was going to happen was if the Army was in charge. Now is the time.

• Like 1

I've always said it would take the Thai Army, and many members ridiculed me.

Just shows how rotten the police are here that it takes the Thai Army to do their job for them.

You really do deserve to be ridiculed. Just when it looked as though you may be making a good point you go and spoil it with your last sentence and your recurring lack of reading ability or refusal to give credit where it is due. One third of the operation was the RTP.

No, he doesn't need to be ridiculed.

Part of the problem is the corruption in the police force.

They wanted it to stay status quo, now they were forced, so his point is still valid.

Lets see if the military can progress and even highten the efforts to get rid of the rest of the pestering slobs from Phuket.

Tuk tuk mafia, jet ski and whatnot.

• Like 1

Now for the hard part, setting up a public transportation system on the island. The only way that was going to happen was if the Army was in charge. Now is the time.

Yes, like Hua Hin. Good point mate. thumbsup.gif

Great job ! Now clean up the jet sky scams for good and I will be really impressed. Keep up the good work !

Jet Sky, is this a new recreational pursuit ? sounds great. Whats the scam, you can't land until you give your credit card pin number ? :)

I think perhaps many of the diehard's to this forum are shocked with disbelief as to how the military have finally started to clean up this place. One thing for sure, this time around, is that they're enforcing the law as oppose to the police who seem powerless to follow through.

Before this, most just accepted and adapted to what goes on around here.

Edited by MK1
  • Like 1

Now they are tearing down the taxi salas (Story on Phuketwan). I like the way things are done at the moment.

was at aranyaprathet border market the other day doing things for an hour or three and not once did anyone approach or yell at me. this is the first time that i can ever report that to be so in the multiple times i have needed to visit over a nearly two decades period., perhaps the same enforcement has been put into effect there too. or perhaps i was just extremely extremely lucky. previously the place has been a haven of touts and scam artist.

Edited by merry skipper