73 taxi drivers arrested in Phuket anti-mafia drive

Lite Beer

It would be great to get a few (car) parking places back. It is nearly impossible to find a place to park near the beach these days.

Does anyone know if the road from down to Kata Noi and to the dead end - is it a public or private road? The Katathani Hotel has roped off many spots and the remaining ones seem to be owned by a transport company.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be great to get a few (car) parking places back. It is nearly impossible to find a place to park near the beach these days.

Does anyone know if the road from down to Kata Noi and to the dead end - is it a public or private road? The Katathani Hotel has roped off many spots and the remaining ones seem to be owned by a transport company.

The road alongside the beach in Kata has parking, and there hardly ever parks anybody there.

The road alongside the beach in Kata has parking, and there hardly ever parks anybody there.

Probably because anyone with a car these days doesn't go to Kata anymore, due to what they have heard/read. biggrin.png

go go bars and soapies will be next ....

Careful now...you'll upset people smile.png

Joking aside these street level grafts are the domains of the corrupt cops and local officials - tolerate illegal activities with pay offs and contribute to an global perception of Thailand as sex tourist capital of the wold. If the military are serious about some quick wins to 'clean up Thailand' then they may well go there - may they not.

go go bars and soapies will be next ....

Careful now...you'll upset people smile.png

Joking aside these street level grafts are the domains of the corrupt cops and local officials - tolerate illegal activities with pay offs and contribute to an global perception of Thailand as sex tourist capital of the wold. If the military are serious about some quick wins to 'clean up Thailand' then they may well go there - may they not.

"global perception of Thailand as sex tourist capital of the wold." - no, that's not a "perception" - that's a reality. :)

• Like 1

I loved to see this All of the drivers arrested were denied police bail. This taken from http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Army-invades-Phuket-clear-violent-illegal-taxi/29690

I bet there are few a***'s twitching and they will be singing like birds grassing their brothers up being the brave soul's they are.

Oh sorry that should say cowardly soul's

How many crackdowns have we had??? how long do they last???

On the taxi mafia?

NEVER during my 8 years here in Phuket.

In general, but didn't we have a crackdown in tuktuk parking along Patong beach road?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

How many crackdowns have we had??? how long do they last???

On the taxi mafia?

NEVER during my 8 years here in Phuket.

In general, but didn't we have a crackdown in tuktuk parking along Patong beach road?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes there was some sought of phantom crackdown on Patong Beach road but as of yesterday things appear to have returned to their territorial ways. In one area of Patong, tuk-tuks are spread out along the road in pairs of three’s every 100 meters perhaps in an effort to be seen as being less obvious but just as troublesome.

• Like 1

try driving down the second road in the evening, no joke there are at least 50-70 parked at 90 degrees to the kirb

Nothing appears to have changed there but only a matter time before it does now that the amnesty deadline for surrendering weapons of war in Patong has now passed.

Edited by MK1

Not sure whether it's private or not as Katathani seem to own that whole area, but I parked at the far end recently with no problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure whether it's private or not as Katathani seem to own that whole area, but I parked at the far end recently with no problems.

Also from that end of Kata Noi the tuktuk drivers had their huts torn down.