Suspects in grenade attack on PDRC rally in Trat arrested

Lite Beer

Victims of the deceased should now be allowed to throw grenades at Somsak and his pal, see how they like it.

Revenge violence in return for violence often results in the same.

I prefer an alternative approach such as letting the Thai authorities decide the punishment to, what appears to be, a Thai matter.

Perhaps the families of the murdered children should be allowed to mete out the "justice" to the killers of their children. A long jail term just isn't enough as far as I am concerned.

Where to draw the line? Caning if one were to transgress a local law, public beheading or stoning? It's a slippery slope for the wishes of extreme punishment. Death, perhaps, but not at the "mobs" hands.

• Like 1

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Under the new rules for what the press can say after the coup.

Expect to hear that all things that have happened during the last 2 years were the fault of Red Terroists. Expect many more arrests and expect the anti-democratic cheerleaders on TVF to cheer each one.

Does anybody know if the father of the children who were murdered in Bangkok has been freed from re-education yet?

I think everyone in TV knows your opinion. Fact is, you cant and wont accept that your party is full of criminals same as the DEMS. I remember the articles about Suthep goin to court and posting bond. So your comment is factless and biased

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I was talking about the mass arrests that are happening all over the country in the last few days.

Can you point me towards the link where Suthep went to court and posted bail, I have been out of the country quite a bit over the last few days and may have missed it.

Does anybody know if the father of the children murdered in Bangkok has been released from Re-education yet?

You are a seriously sick man Brucie. Go away somewhere quiet and hang your head in shame. You have very little humanity in you.
Possibly true. However, I'm not a health or mental care professional and can't diagnose someone as sick or where they should go. I don't know him personally, so I can not gauge his humanity by a posting. A snapshot of his beliefs, perhaps. But not the whole person portrait IMO.

Well I want to see the Chalerm red face. He always claim attack is made by PRDC. Now with all evidence, the murders from former government side.

Now I will be amazing to see which level of protection are receive theses murderers from PT/UDD ?

"Who let the troll out"

A troll post has been removed.

Off topic deflection posts and replies have been removed.

Edit to add: Some more inflammatory posts and replies have been removed.

Edited by metisdead

Under the new rules for what the press can say after the coup.

Expect to hear that all things that have happened during the last 2 years were the fault of Red Terroists. Expect many more arrests and expect the anti-democratic cheerleaders on TVF to cheer each one.

Does anybody know if the father of the children who were murdered in Bangkok has been freed from re-education yet?

What are the new press rules? I know that anti-coup sentiment is not allowed, but I was not aware that publishing stories against ''yellow shirts'' or publishing stories about arrests of anybody other than Red Shirts was also banned. This is what you infer, is it not.

I've noticed quite a few ''Well I can't respond, because of the new rules'' crybaby BS over the past 2 weeks. Typical red propaganda. Nowhere does it say that...

I think you cannot post anything that supposedly might stir public unrest, or some other vaguely phrased wording.

Also, posts deemed too critical of the army and its actions are a big no no, right now.

Anti-coup sentiment is a pretty wide definition, isn't it?

Doesn't mean people can't have doubts and misgivings, just that they are not completely free to express them.

This holds true both for social media and the press.

I see there going after the reds hammer and tong,but leaving the PDRC killers alone.

Looking after there own I suppose

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well lets see.

There were over 28 dead and over 700 injured in 6 months. Over 20 dead were PDRC supporters. There were nearly daily grenade attacks INSIDE PDRC rally sites. There were no grenade attacks INSIDE Red Shirt rally sites. INSIDE PDRC rally sites the attacks were so constant they set up sandbags and anti grenade netting. INSIDE red shirt rally sites they set up nothing.

Yesterday the police searched a canal next to a PDRC rally site and found a body and weapons. They didn't have too, but they did out of concern for the population that wanted it inspected. That will be investigated as well.

So when one side is committing most of the crimes then logic dictates that the investigations will be somewhat lop sided.

Why would you assert that the police "didn't have to" search the canal?

If they got a tip or an investigation lead, or if someone called - that's exactly what they are supposed to do.

The usual issue is that they do not do their job properly when they "do have to".

That the red-shirts and affiliated earned being the focus of the current weapons searches is not disputed.

But there were also illegal weapons with the PDRC (example, Mr. Popcorn), which ought to be searched for and

confiscated as well. In my opinion, it was a lost chance to do so just when they sent everyone home (for both rallies) -

line them up and take any weapon without a permit, hold the offender.

There were a few cases of PDRC guards attacks and shooting, perhaps more notably around Chaengwattana.

The monk even admitted as much. Would be nice to see those responsible made a priority as well.

• Like 1

Death penalty for any of these cowardly <deleted> scum that killed the children.

I support justice that is meted out by the courts. I am not the judge nor would I join in with a group hurrah that calls for death.

That decision belongs to the Thais and a Thai court, be it civil or military.

Sure, ultimately it's the Courts that will decide the punishment.

Unlike you, I would however join in with a group hurrah that calls for the death penalty for trash that kills innocent children. The people involved in these killings over the last few years are terrorist scum, nothing more, nothing less.

One would need to have an awful lot of trust in the Judiciary, the police, politicians to advocate more death penalties...

Edited by Morch

wife tells me today the Kohn Kean folks that were caught with arms had been chatting on Line with Taksin. When Taksin found out they were caught he stopped chatting with them. They felt dumped so they decided to tell the Army. Turns out Taksin was telling them every step that they should take. Its all over Thai social media today. Surprised it has not leaked out into English press yet. Line keeps your chat for months; i know as i used it to provide supporting evidence for my wifes visa.

So there are rumors that this was claimed by those arrested.

And it's on Thai social media.

Ergo, true?

Find it a little hard to believe Thaksin will micromanage something on this level, not to mention expose himself in such a

direct way.

Most of the reporters on the Thai English language media are Thai, and quite a few have a strong social media presence.

There's hardly any need for someone to "leak" it to them. Did it make any major headlines in Thai press?

And then there's this tidbit:

Plan to talk with the company providing ‘LINE’ services in Japan cancelled
BANGKOK, 4 June 2014 (NNT) - The Ministry of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) has cancelled a plan to talk with a service provider of a famous multi platform messaging application ‘LINE’.

Previously the ministry, in compliance with the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), decided to make a request to LINE Corporation in Japan to inspect its database for messages sending from Thailand that may violate the Martial Law’s article on instigating rifts among Thais.

Pol Maj-Gen Pisit Pao-in, advisor to the ICT Ministry, said the ministry has called off the meeting with the company along with service providers of other social media: Facebook and Google. He said the decision came after the NCPO has deemed that users may resort to other means of communication if it proceeds to impose such a measure. Nonetheless, the advisor urged the social media consumers to refrain from making the comment that would breach the Martial Law in use.

Pol Maj-Gen Pisit stressed that the Ministry does not have a policy to cut-off the public from the Internet, nor to ban the use of messaging applications in social media.

Furthermore, he said the ICT Ministry would talk to the internet service providers who possess their own internet gateway such as TOT and CAT in creating an internet security network. He also mentioned a possibility of providing an affordable internet service and creating a ‘Thailand Social Network’ for all Thais.

http://thainews.prd.go.th/centerweb/newsen/NewsDetail?NT01_NewsID=WNPOL5706040010002

Ratcatcher post # 10

Yes Jamie, but don't you in your most private moments wish that at least once a week Chalerm was here to spring a good one on us? No, just kidding, wonder where he got to

Perchance one can but hope he is in some such similar accommodation.

dartmoor-prison460_1395311a.jpg

That looks a bit nicer than Bang Khwan in Nonthaburi

i can tell you from experience, that it isn't particularly pleasant inside of there.smile.png

"Visiting" or working??

Working

I was talking about the mass arrests that are happening all over the country in the last few days.

Can you point me towards the link where Suthep went to court and posted bail, I have been out of the country quite a bit over the last few days and may have missed it.

Does anybody know if the father of the children murdered in Bangkok has been released from Re-education yet?

You are a seriously sick man Brucie. Go away somewhere quiet and hang your head in shame. You have very little humanity in you.
Possibly true. However, I'm not a health or mental care professional and can't diagnose someone as sick or where they should go. I don't know him personally, so I can not gauge his humanity by a posting. A snapshot of his beliefs, perhaps. But not the whole person portrait IMO.

He might have meant this piece of news:

NCPO summons 16 more individuals to report Tuesday
The National Council for Peace and Order Monday night summoned 16 politicians and a former Parliament president to report today.

Of the 16 persons called to report is a father of two children who were killed in the M 79 grenade attack on the protest site of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee at Ratchaprasong.

The politicians included veteran politician Banharn Silpa-archa, outspoken politician Chuwit Kamolvisit, and former Senate and Parliament president Ukrit Mongkolnavin.

Others include Witthaya Kaewparadai, a core leader of People’s Democratic Reform Committee core leader and Democrat MP Rangsima Rodrasamee.

An aide of Mr Banharn said Tuesday morning that the chairman of the advisory board of the Chart Thai Pattana party will report to the NCPO today.

Tanakorn Yos-ubon, the father of a boy and a girl killed in the grenade attack at Ratchaprasong on February 23 is among the 16 persons summoned. He was said to be a redshirt supporter.

The NCPO also announced the same night for those who have not reported a chance to report again Tuesday until 4.00 p.m.

Failure to report will face two years in prison and a fine of 40,000 baht, and also would have all their financial and asset transfer activities frozen.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/ncpo-summons-16-individuals-report-tuesday/

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Nice one RTP, two more of the gang in the bag. alt=thumbsup.gif>

I think it would be more appropriate to say nice one to the Army for making the police do their job at long last.

Riiight of course i forgot, everything good happening has to be attributed to the army, course it does, maybe if the police were allowed to do their job without being neutralised by the army and allowed to keep protests off the streets at the very beginning thus avoiding all these clashes and attacks it wouldnt even have happened ... ever think about that ? naa course not...

Simple congrats comment cant even be left without sycophants making the usual rounds .. ho hum coffee1.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I think it would be more appropriate to say nice one to the Army for making the police do their job at long last.

Riiight of course i forgot, everything good happening has to be attributed to the army, course it does, maybe if the police were allowed to do their job without being neutralised by the army and allowed to keep protests off the streets at the very beginning thus avoiding all these clashes and attacks it wouldnt even have happened ... ever think about that ? naa course not...

Simple congrats comment cant even be left without sycophants making the usual rounds .. ho hum coffee1.gif

It is legal to peacefully protest. It is illegal for their opposition to fire M79 grenades, M16 rounds and pistol rounds at the peaceful protesters, thus causing mass death and injury. But you knew that already.

And why did the police never find these perps? Exactly.

• Like 2

It is amazing how much more effective the RTP have become since Adul Saengsingkaew was moved to an inactive post. One might be so presumptuous as to assume that Adul was actually repressing the police from arresting criminals from a certain side of the political divide.

I for one am glad that there are less killers on the street under this Junta and hope the police and army continue there good efforts so far.

This highlights how ineffective CAPO were. Well, they were effective at one thing…Threatening the courts, the NACC and the PDRC.

The wind if change is refreshing.

Yes Jamie, but don't you in your most private moments wish that at least once a week Chalerm was here to spring a good one on us? No, just kidding, wonder where he got to?

I read somewere that "the beheaded one" and his sons are still under arrest. Chalerm is a coward and maybe he taken the roll of leadsinger.

Excellent, The garbage needs to be taken out, and so far the signs have been encouraging. Nothing was going to be done under The Fugitive lead government.

Nothing was going to be done under The Fugitive lead government.

He is a big part of the garbage.

crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

You mean like the police failed to do in 2010 while a non Thaksin party was in power before the Army had to become involved, but were able to do in early mid ? 2013 without Army help when a Thaksin party was in power. ..ever think about that...naa probably but does not fit the agenda of having to admit that the RTP were working to Thaksin's mandate so can overlook or not acknowledge to fit. The Army were wise enough to know the RTP past and hence the clean out at the top. Now with Army intervention the RTP are delivering results.

Why would I think the entire countrywide police force were all taking orders from and being micro managed by Thaksin ? blink.png amongst all the other things hes said to be micro managing at the same time,everything and everyones action or lack of is to do with Thaksin, you really beleive that ? the greatest boogy man in the history of Thailand .. wooo wooo careful or hes gonna get you too ... wow you do give him some credit dont you ? must be really really good at time management that guy, what an organising genius he must be...superman almost,

Sorry i cant take the accolade of such man and micro management genius of everything you give to him seriously, really i cant giggle.gif

Seems like the military has brought more good than otherwise. Finally the child murderers are caught. Now I hope the military, through the otherwise inept police (at least they were before the coup) can go after those nitwits that cheered the attack on stage, and those who hindered the progress and capture of these vile, child-murdering creatures trying to pass themselves off as humans.

Edited by outsider
  • Like 2

Death penalty for any of these cowardly <deleted> scum that killed the children.

I do wish people would desist the knee jerk call for the death penalty every time someone is caught after committing heinous acts. A very long spell in a very unpleasant jail much more appropriate than instant oblivion or transition to next dimension wink.png

I find it completely unsurprising that the most strident Thaksin/UDD supporters in this forum haven't deigned to step on this thread; plausible deniability I suppose.

Well there's only so far a man's conscience can take him instead of pleasing his wife whistling.gif

Edited by jpeg

I do wish people would desist the knee jerk call for the death penalty every time someone is caught after committing heinous acts. A very long spell in a very unpleasant jail much more appropriate than instant oblivion or transition to next dimension wink.png

As I always say regarding the Death Penalty, if death would be the worst thing in the world people wouldn't commit suicide. Among other things, I'm against the death penalty because it's too light a punishment for the worst offences.

Sure, the death penalty should come only after they've been castrated with a rusty knife and left in jail to be buggered for a few weeks ... then kill them.