New Acting Pattaya Police Chief “lays down the law” to his officers

Rimmer

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is good news, he wants to stop corruption, so no more corrupt police in the streets. If I complain about the jetski business I am sure he will do something about it. I am optimistic by nature. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I've seen one guy this week 'fined' 1000 bahr because he didn't have his Thai licence. He was wearing his helmet.

It used to be possible for visa shops to do your 90 day reporting for you for 100 baht. That went up to 250 baht this week.

Circumstantial, but if this is any indication, the trend seems to be towards costlier police or immigration 'assistance', not less.

But let's hope the changes are just taking some time to filter through....

So every Gogo bar and beer bar in Pattaya will be closed now since prostitution is illegal?

Corruption and bribery keeps most Pattaya businesses open. I guess Pattaya is closed now?....

Dancing or working in a go-go bar or beer bar is not prostitution.

• Like 2

So every Gogo bar and beer bar in Pattaya will be closed now since prostitution is illegal?

Corruption and bribery keeps most Pattaya businesses open. I guess Pattaya is closed now?....

Dancing or working in a go-go bar or beer bar is not prostitution.

I'm aware of that convenient loophole but it goes without saying that the bars are an intentional space to facilitate the meeting of prostitutes with customers. At the very least it is aiding and abetting. Every cop is knowingly allowing a criminal activity to go on by allowing these venues to operate.

Pattaya exists on a foundation of corruption. Without corruption there would be no Pattaya in the form that it takes.

Whether or not he was breaking the law is irrelevant. If an on the spot "fine" is issued rather than a proper ticket and receipt, then the officer is pocketing the fine and that is pure corruption. If they are going to end corruption then that means no more on the spot fines, they will have to write out tickets and make sure none of the money goes into the pocket of any cop. I bet they will be a lot less keen to collect "fines" then

"Whether or not he was breaking the law is irrelevant"

Hardly, it's very relevant.

If your tourist friend didn't want to pay a fine to the officer all he had to do was ask for a ticket which he could then pay at the police station and be given a receipt. As it is, by agreeing to pay a fine at the scene your pal was just as corrupt as the police officer.

Absolutely but the topic isn't about that is it. It has been claimed that corruption will be stopped. Therefore there should be no more on the spot fines. In theory.

I've seen one guy this week 'fined' 1000 bahr because he didn't have his Thai licence. He was wearing his helmet.

It used to be possible for visa shops to do your 90 day reporting for you for 100 baht. That went up to 250 baht this week.

Circumstantial, but if this is any indication, the trend seems to be towards costlier police or immigration 'assistance', not less.

But let's hope the changes are just taking some time to filter through....

"It used to be possible for visa shops to do your 90 day reporting for you for 100 baht. That went up to 250 baht this week."

Off topic, I know but why would anyone want to do it that way? You can do it yourself by post for the cost of the stamps.

• Like 1

Is it Prayut influence or not? Since a few days everything seems to change like with a magic wand ! Like with a Dyson vacuum cleaner to contribute to make a cleaner Thailand. Thanks if you are this man. Your reward will be 'Yes i did it'

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1