NACC sets up panel to investigate assets of Yingluck, former ministers related to rice scheme

webfact

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NACC to probe into assets of ministers linked to rice-pledging scheme

BANGKOK, 5 June 2014 (NNT) – The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) is setting up a sub-committee to probe into the assets of former ministers under the Yingluck Shinawatra Administration involved in the rice-pledging scheme.

The NACC said five former ministers under investigation included Ms. Yingluck Shinawatra, Mr. Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisal, Mr. Boonsong Teriyapirom, Mr. Yanyong Puangrat, and Mr. Phum Sarapol.

The sub-committee will inspect assets and liabilities of five ministers connected with the rice subsidy program where a large amount of rice reportedly went missing. Estimated losses from the previous five harvesting seasons under the scheme could also amount up to 500 billion baht.

The NACC earlier indicated that Ms. Yingluck was guilty on dereliction of duty in the rice pledging fraud and voted to bring impeachment proceedings against her.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-06-05 footer_n.gif

Under the new laws for what can appear in the press.

Expect to hear some incredible numbers for how much money the guilty people have made.

Pray tell, which new laws?

Let go of those negative waves, instead join me in rejoicing in the fair opportunity offered to people to exonerate themselves.

OMG!!! Dont you mean they failed to exonerate thenselves and now its up to a special comittie to investigate to see how much they stole

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If she has done something wrong she should be punished. I don't have a problem with that. However, to spread lies: " a fleet of wide-bodied planes" adds nothing to the discussion but simply raises questions about the motives of the poster.

Maybe he was getting confused with the scheme to have four private planes for the use of the PM and her support team.

Anyone know what happened to Thaksin One by the way? I hope it didn't fall victim with the man with the can of black paint.

• Like 2

What about all those super rich army generals envolved in illigal arms trafficking ,wasnt there a big leader arested in Bangkok of the sri lanka tamil tigers a few years ago the guy even had Thai nationality and was a notorious gun runner and good friends apparantly with top noch Thai generals

What about the topic on hand? The investigation related to the rice scam which has lost the country 500 billion already with more to follow?

i dont believe most of the drivel written in the Thai press and specially on this crappy website should have been shut down a long time ago.
Why bother hanging in this site then?

You sound like a right Merchant.

Cause i love reading al the crap reply's on topics such as this by the barstool Thailand experts who havent even got a bloody right to vote in said country bunch of laughs you silly little people are.

Under the new laws for what can appear in the press.

Expect to hear some incredible numbers for how much money the guilty people have made.

Pray tell, which new laws?

Let go of those negative waves, instead join me in rejoicing in the fair opportunity offered to people to exonerate themselves.

You know, that new law, the one PTP apologist just know exists so later on, looking back, they can say it was all politically motivated.

How can these people, assumed as innocent until the facts are on the table defend them selves in a dictatur state ? How can the people of Thailand be sure the justice is fulfilled ? TV censored, newspapers censored and the radio censored.

The military have a challenge here, how to convince the Thai people of anything when they are censoring the media ??? Good luck.

• Like 2

How can these people, assumed as innocent until the facts are on the table defend them selves in a dictatur state ? How can the people of Thailand be sure the justice is fulfilled ? TV censored, newspapers censored and the radio censored.

The military have a challenge here, how to convince the Thai people of anything when they are censoring the media ??? Good luck.

I would assume that they are just gathering evidence and if there are thought to be irregularities then it would have to go before a court. Whilst I don't agree with many of the restrictions on the press and freedom of speech as far as I know it relates mainly to the existing LM laws and criticism of the military. I don't think that will affect the reporting of these cases should they ever come about.

Does this mean they could be going through her'dirty laundry', now that would be an eye opener.

I checked your profile which tells me very little apart from the fact you're male, which I would probably have guessed anyway. Reading your post tells me so much more. smile.png