Info on HIV/Aids just a click away with new site

Lite Beer

Info on HIV/Aids just a click away with new site
Thiranat Sucharikul,
Nichapa Tulyasathien
The Nation

30235660-01_big.jpg?1402097918306

BANGKOK: -- The Disease Control Department has introduced a new innovative online gateway called "Aids Zero Portal" (AZP) providing easy access for all to Aidsrelated information.

The AZP website offers real-time access to strategic information, showing which key programmes can be improved and where in order to accelerate progress toward global and national targets.

Previously, data related to HIV/Aids was scattered, incomplete, or nuanced, making it difficult for people to understand. The new site aims to resolve these problems by giving information in a visually aesthetic and regularly updated website, which offers filters to meet different needs.

This is part of worldwide efforts to rein in the Aids epidemic with clear and measurable targets over the next 16 years. Approximately 460,000 people in Thailand are living with HIV/Aids, with just over half (246,000) on anti-retroviral therapy.

In launching the AZP website, the department wants to cut down both the number of people affected by HIV, and to prevent mother-to-child HIV transmission.

"We don't want anymore children to be born with Aids," Sophon Mekthon, the department's director general, said, adding that the aim was to ensure no children are born with HIV in Thailand by 2030.

"By then, the number of new HIV infections should also stand at no more than 1,000 per year," he said.

Taweesap Sirapaprasiri, head of the National Aids Management Centre, said there were more than 8,000 new HIV infections each year.

Most campaigns managed to cut new infections by 1,000 per year, but he hoped that AZP would help cut the number of new infections in Thailand by twice that amount.

The website provides information under three main categories: know your epidemic, investment and response.

The first category provides national statistics, such as how many people live with HIV, the number of new infections and key populations affected.

The second category offers data on the investment needed for prevention, care and treatment as well as overall programme management, while the last category records the progress Thailand has made.

"We are launching a tool that has been a dream for everyone. A tool that will help us to reach new surfaces - everyone, everywhere - so no one is left behind," UNAids country director Tatiana Shoumilina said in her opening speech.

AZP was set up in collaboration between various organisations |and is supported by the United Nations and World Health Organisation. The website can be accessed at www.aidszeropor-tal.org and will be updated every three months.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-06-07

The correct URL for the website is http://www.aidszeroportal.org/

Another retard working for The Nation can't be arsed to proof read his or her own work.

Do they only hire people with special needs? I don't think I have ever read a report from The Nation that has been free of spelling errors.

According to the map no one in Pattaya has HIV, bonus, think I will start bare backing from now on and licking out snatch, there's no risk there.

Edited by rhythmworx
  • Like 2

Still blown away people need "info" on HIV these days.

Don't take any raw peens in your pooper or puddy cat, don't share needles, and don't accept blood from shifty looking Nigerians. Easy rules to live by.

• Like 1

Another retard working for The Nation can't be arsed to proof read his or her own work.

Do they only hire people with special needs? I don't think I have ever read a report from The Nation that has been free of spelling errors.

According to the map no one in Pattaya has HIV, bonus, think I will start bare backing from now on and licking out snatch, there's no risk there.

only problem senior member is YOU don't KNOW who has been making deposits in your licking patch! could be bad ju ju!

only problem senior member is YOU don't KNOW who has been making deposits in your licking patch! could be bad ju ju!

You just put me off my lunch...

• Like 1