Can Expats in Thailand Vote For Scottish Freedom?

Neeranam

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You might find this interesting:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/463954/Legal-bid-to-give-800-000-Scots-ex-pats-vote-in-referendum

There was another article but its not accessible as the daily mail has been blocked from Thailand.

I was in Scotland, the land of my birth when this was announced and as far as I know, it has lost its way in the fog created by both sides of the referendum debate.

I too will be a disenfranchised Scotsman who's opinion is being summarily ignored by the grandstanding, mealy-mouthed wee turd called Salmond. Regardless of being born there with a family tree that goes back to the House of Balliol, I am denied a vote because I haven't lived there since I graduated. Scotland's disapora is word famous but I fear the practical reality check that their 'No' vote would deliver is not what the wee nonce wants.

I am not sure we can call Wee Jowly Eck a nonce. But he sure is sleekit

• Like 2

If you register in Orkney, Shetland or the Western Isles you might get two goes at it smile.pnghttp://www.scottish.parliament.uk/GettingInvolved/Petitions/islandgroups?UserAdvice=true

//Edit: Summary:

Calling on the Scottish Parliament to urge the Scottish Government to hold three separate referenda in Shetland, Orkney, and the Western Isles on Thursday 25 September 2014, one week after the Scottish independence referendum, asking the people of each island group whether they would prefer their island group to:

· to become an independent country, or
· to stay in Scotland

and, in the event of a yes vote in the referendum on Scottish independence, to have the following additional option:

· to leave Scotland and stay in the remainder of the UK

The three island groups are culturally very different but they share a history of having been part of Norway.

In each island group, there are many people who have expressed support for local independence, and there are also people who have said that, in the event that Scotland becomes independent, they would want their island group to leave Scotland and remain in the UK.

Edited by wolf5370

Freedom from what exactly, the voluntary union your ancestors enthusiastically signed up for 3 centuries ago?

Nah, you don't know your history.

Freedom from English rule and thievery.

Lol, says the guy living a million miles away in another land. So I take it you'll be heading back if it's a yes? I do hope it is the latter and the sweaty socks get their 'freedom'... you think the English don't want this to happen eh? Surest way is to switch the ref and give your 'auld enemy' the vote.

One can only dream: No more whining, no more massive subsidies ('thievery', lol), fill the wall back in. I'll have some of that merci beaucoup, just a couple more hangers-on to lose and then a ref on the EU.

To the levelheaded Scots out there, if it does happen just do yourselves an almighty favour and have that knob Salmond removed posthaste.

Anywayyy, regards the vote from overseas, I'm sure you could've found out by digging online as opposed to bunging up another thread on this boring topic.

Freedom.

Freeeedom!

picture1tu.png

Ah taken too early, they hadn't put up the last banner saying "by Scottish MPs" ;) (no English devolved parliament - we have Scots voting on England only policy when the reverse is not true - Blair was a Scot as was Brown and much of his cabinet over the years - some even fell off Scottish mountains).

• Like 2

Good luck and hope your country gets free again!

Yes free to pat prescription charges for a start and for university education . and free not to have any mp's in parliament .

?????

Why should have a free Scotland not having any MPs?

I believe the answer is no and that one has to be resident in Scotland in order to vote in this referendum.

No need to be actually Scottish, required is that voters must be British citizens and resident in Scotland, but unsure as for how long one has to be resident in Scotland in order to qualify?

• Like 2

I believe the answer is no and that one has to be resident in Scotland in order to vote in this referendum.

No need to be actually Scottish, required is that voters must be British citizens and resident in Scotland, but unsure as for how long one has to be resident in Scotland in order to qualify?

what is scottish?

You sure can.

Firstly register in Scotland on the voters roll.

Secondly, stop talking about Freedom. You are embarrassing.

Thirdly, vote NO

Wears a dress, carries a wee badger hand bag, and paints their testicles blue ?

Good luck and hope your country gets free again!

Yes free to pat prescription charges for a start and for university education . and free not to have any mp's in parliament .

?????

Why should have a free Scotland not having any MPs?

They can leave the house of commons and sit in their own parliament ,then they will not be able to destroy Britain like Tony Liar and Gormlas gordon did.

It was a bunch of Geordies who sent Tony Blair to the House of Commons....don't blame us for that one!

Anyway this is the general forum so I will keep it simple.

Vote YES.

• Like 2