American Man Arrested for Pattaya Murder

alocacoc

A lonely old white man thought a young girl really loved him, then copped a dose of reality, got jealous and lost his marbles. RIP to the poor girl and shame on him for living in fantasy land. I'm surprised he wasn't wearing a bright floral shirt with his ear pierced and dyed hair.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dusgusting - an old man killing a girl with so much life in front of her.

so according to your 'logic' he is tried and guilty. let us all be gratefull that low concious beings such as yourself are not running criminal justice systems.

do you not feel ashamed

A lonely old white man thought a young girl really loved him, then copped a dose of reality, got jealous and lost his marbles. RIP to the poor girl and shame on him for living in fantasy land. I'm surprised he wasn't wearing a bright floral shirt with his ear pierced and dyed hair.

what on earth are you talking about. he was arrested - thats it. you really do need help my friend. your ignorance is disturbing and disguisting!

If you're a decent guy in Thailand, in a real way, then this stuff is not gonna happen. That's the easy part. You just have to be a reasonably honest, well meaning person who isn't just off the boat, who has some actual interest in who people are and what they're facing, who has at least some positive experiences with women in other places first, before landing in Pattaya, and then conduct yourself as such. That's all there is to it. And possibly, just stay out of places like Pattaya, frankly. That's my experience over many years now.

Myself, I don't hit the sex areas at all - but mostly, because every time I do, I actually fall in love with someone who ends up moving in with me for years. 2 times now. And both times were very fun and surprisingly 'normal' experiences. I wasn't conned, or 'taken for everything I had', or anything I couldn't recover from - sometimes things were sort of crazy, but only in ways that I can laugh about looking back now. We just loved each other, and simply wouldn't want anything to be violent or angry.

I just don't get it when I read comments or stories about how Thai women are supposed to be so evil, or these situations that get so out of control, whatever happened in this story.

Too funny, and maybe you can share how many times you have been divorced oh great wise one lol - time for you to waken up

and your last paragraph just indicates to me the sheer lack of understanding you have for Thai people especially women - it is greed and money that drives this country forward and it is getting worse not better, in saying that - I do know a few decent people here but it is rare

I am not saying that this girl deserved to be murdered - far from it and whoever carried out this cowardish act needs to be severely punished

RIP to the victim, condolences to family and friends. Such a waste - only 19 years...

The case looks pretty much like an open and shut. Thus dogoodering and trying to find excuses for "Whitey" are inappropriate here. And hellyeah, he sure looks like a cold-blooded F#$k and I have no sympathy for him at all. Hope he gets everything he deserves shoved up his butty in Bangkok Hilton.

so on a brief newspaper report you consider it an open and shut case. when i read comments like yours i really feel ashamed to be a human bieng.

When the body was first discovered there was an article in a local paper, forget which one. The victims friend was quite detailed about the events to her disappearance. If I remember correctly the friend was waiting downstairs at her apartment to go somewhere with the both of them. When he came down after a long delay he told her she was not feeling good and then he abruptly left. She tried to call her but her phone was off was never turned back on after that point. He was never seen again in Pattaya. The victim's friend told her on many occasions how jealous he was.

I am not a judge but it doesn't look good for him.

• Like 1

Why jealous on her and not on her boyfriend?

right. and a 49 y/o pervert and a teacher hitting on a 19 y/o? total scum.

If that's the case you better jail 99% of farang with TGF, not to mention the expats in The Philippines, Laos, Cambodia, Indonesia, etc.

Isn't 19 years old considered an adult in nearly every country in the world? Let's give female humans freedom of choice and not just try and reserve that for males.

Just for your information - a 19 year old in Thailand is actually 18 years old in the west, from they are born they are on their 1st year the first 12 months

• Like 1

Not fleeing the country works in his favour does it?

Did not or could not flee the country? What was he doing in Udonthani if he wasn't fleeing?

The authorities knew who they were looking for so it would be near impossible for him to leave on his own passport.

It's much more likely he had no idea how to go about getting out of Thailand and was too scared to try as he knew they would be looking for him.

Bog all works in his favour if he did murder that young girl

Regarding "What was he doing in Udonthani if he wasn't fleeing?" I've been in Udon Thani several times and I wan't fleeing.

• Like 1

Let us treat this man with the respect he deserves. He is accused, not convicted.

The fact that he did not flee the country works very much in his favour in my opinion, surely if he had murdered a girl in the manner described he would get out of Thailand asap ?

Also. lets not forget that a newspaper report is not the same as facts ! Even if a newspaper suggests he confessed, that does not mean he did confess.. it simply means a newspaper said so, and newspapers tend to make a lot of errors.

As far as I'm concerned he is innocent until proven otherwise... so show some respect for his right to a fair trial

Amen to that notionclap2.gif However, I find it somewhat odd, that the fair trial concept totally escaped the perception levels, in so many of the previous replies, by so many so-called "educated" farangs on this forum. No small wonder that Thai people believe the majority of westerners in Thailand, to be stupid whistling.gif.

Edited by NativeSon360

WOW....Now there's something you never hear about....an American killing someone.....I can't believe it! It has got to be a mistake...even if he confessed, he must be on some kind of medication that is altering his thinking. Seriously....an American....such a docile, humble, and timid country....once again it seems as if everyone's got the facts all wrong here. I am just so certain of it....OMG, an American murderer....what will they think of next....Thai transvestites? Come on gang....get with the program.

Totally mpossible! If they can't get with the program @ home, how could you fathom they'd ever get with it the program in Thailand? Huh? whistling.gif

If you assume you make an ass out you and me . First where is proof you see him commit the crime? fingerprints DNA? If his is found to be guilty then Draw and Quarter him till then don't assume. To many armchair police here. And this holier than thou cause she was 19 How many of you guys did a 19 year old chick here, or had thought's of doing one? But as far as the lady who passed rest in peace justice will be served. And as far as telling everyone where your going is it a law I haven't heard of?

I prefer to read and allow Thai courts to do what they decide to do. Any comments from my insignificant corner makes no difference, as do the posts that reek of hate, bigotry, prejudice and guesswork.

So many experts, so many saints, so much hate. The crime contained enough hate to fill all the pages of the TVF. I don't need to add to it.

• Like 1

Let us treat this man with the respect he deserves. He is accused, not convicted.

The fact that he did not flee the country works very much in his favour in my opinion, surely if he had murdered a girl in the manner described he would get out of Thailand asap ?

Also. lets not forget that a newspaper report is not the same as facts ! Even if a newspaper suggests he confessed, that does not mean he did confess.. it simply means a newspaper said so, and newspapers tend to make a lot of errors.

As far as I'm concerned he is innocent until proven otherwise... so show some respect for his right to a fair trial

Amen to that notionclap2.gif However, I find it somewhat odd, that the fair trial concept totally escaped the perception levels, in so many of the previous replies, by so many so-called "educated" farangs on this forum. No small wonder that Thai people believe the majority of westerners in Thailand, to be stupid whistling.gif.

Very admirable for you to defend the ....shall we say the " prime suspect ".

But with all due respect the Pattaya daily News distinctly says “he was very stressed and he had tried to commit suicide a couple of times “.

You have to admit that doesn't look good does it?

I prefer to read and allow Thai courts to do what they decide to do. Any comments from my insignificant corner makes no difference, as do the posts that reek of hate, bigotry, prejudice and guesswork.

So many experts, so many saints, so much hate. The crime contained enough hate to fill all the pages of the TVF. I don't need to add to it.

so which category do you fit in - saint??

Not fleeing the country works in his favour does it?

Did not or could not flee the country? What was he doing in Udonthani if he wasn't fleeing?

The authorities knew who they were looking for so it would be near impossible for him to leave on his own passport.

It's much more likely he had no idea how to go about getting out of Thailand and was too scared to try as he knew they would be looking for him.

Bog all works in his favour if he did murder that young girl

better off running her over preferably in a Ferrari or get a minor with no licence to do it.

Seems very hard to believe that this young Thai lady was murdered, wrapped in a black bin liner and carried to the roof of the building while her friends waited for her downstairs.

Like many suspicious deaths in Thailand the information that emerges just doesn't seem to add up.

If I had been waiting for a friend and he or she failed to appear after an inordinate length of time I certainly wouldn't have a cursory look in the room and then carry on with my day as if nothing was amiss

Was the room being paid for by the victim? Very unlikely. Presumably it was the American's room and the girl was with him as his 'guest'.

No sound of a struggle? No physical evidence that a crime had been committed in the room?

Strong guy to truss the victim in a 'handy' black bag and to carry her, literally, 'dead weight' to the top of the building and then to casually descend the stairs of the building, past her friends, and off to catch a bus to Udon

Poirot where are you when we need you?

when a thai man murders someone....do they always post an article in the press?

Hard to say if "always", but "most of times" yes for sure.

Just look any Thai newspaper front page, or Thai TV news.

Doesn't make much sense. If he'd have done that, why did he not go away from this country?

Yep, the hang him high bs, if the cops place a bag of drugs in your luggage and you get caught, reporters write your full name with the pointing finger on the photograph.

Even when it turns out that you're innocent, you'll usually be f_ck_d..

Let's just wait and see any evidence.

If there was an award for the most stupid comment, this would win !

So.. people in Udon Thani are fleeing the law... I think a lot of people in Udon would be offended by your stupid comment !

There's a huge difference between living in Udon and ESCAPED to Udon...............

Edited by Rimmer
Flame

i hope they have more evidence than "he was seen walking downstairs"

Ah, but he looked suspicious because he didn't tell anyone where he was going. From now on, 24/7 I'm going to be yelling out where I'm going.

I wouldn't trust the Thai police and courts any farther than I could throw them. It's the only thing that makes me uncomfortable personally when I'm in Thailand.

I'm not saying he's innocent, it just that the hang 'em high brigade with so little known amazes me.

If he is guilty, he's not that smart. The alleged murder was March 18 and he didn't "flee the country."

Yes unless he is wanted for murder back home in the US , he would have escaped over the border a long time ago if he was guilty. So there must be more to this story.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

again not speculating, but based on experience a look into this guys background should reveal something, you don't just do shit like this at his age without prior history

As for the trip to Udon instead of Larn Island - well some might determine he was trying to leave Thailand or hiding from the police - neither of which makes him guilty

As usual in Thailand I take the reported news with a huge pinch of salt - we live in a country of liars

I'm sure there is more to follow on this very sad story

Edited by smedly