Daily Mail blocked again

AyG

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just had an email sent to me from Australia, recorded from a news program in Oz.

It dealt with a truck in Canada being hit by lightning.

Any idea why I'd get this same Ministry notice?

Difficult to say if you don't name the website.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2650743/Dramatic-moment-lightning-struck-pick-truck-turned-fireball-elderly-couple-tried-desperately-escape.html

It is still blocked

I misunderstood your posting. I'd assumed it was a link to an Australian website.

MICT is blocking all pages on the Daily Mail website for TOT users - not just the ones with videos about dogs.

The homepage is blocked for me on 3BB but the articles load just fine.

I've been reading this newspaper every day for months on the ipad app, I didn't realise it was blocked at all.

This is one of the newspapers they print out in Bangkok on large white pages and sell for an expensive price in tourist areas (about 200 Baht) if I remember correctly, I wonder if they're still selling them.

Found something funny out

Most xx size working

When you put a m.

For mobile access instead of www

It's also a diffrence , when you enter the link direct, mostly not work

When you search same link on google often it works!

No joke try it out !

Does Google translate sandmanese?

Try the Google translator, please.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The homepage is blocked for me on 3BB but the articles load just fine.

I've been reading this newspaper every day for months on the ipad app, I didn't realise it was blocked at all.

This is one of the newspapers they print out in Bangkok on large white pages and sell for an expensive price in tourist areas (about 200 Baht) if I remember correctly, I wonder if they're still selling them.

I was in Bangkok yesterday evening and it is still available in that format.

I like the Daily Mail ,,much better than sitting down to read that left wing bit of trash .the guardian.

Completely agree, although I also read the Guardian and even the communist Morning Star, as they give me alternative views, even if it is from an distorted angle.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Just noticed that the Scottish Daily Mail, fully owed by the Daily Mail in London is still acceptable in Thailand, while the Hull Daily Mail, with no connection to the Daily Mail is blocked, once again do the Thai authorities know what they are doing. Maybe others can give more examples.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I like the Daily Mail ,,much better than sitting down to read that left wing bit of trash .the guardian.

Typo? you mean "lick" the DM, which of course is for some much easier than the act of reading which is involved in such rags as the Grauniad.

it was of course the DM which published the report claiming that those on the left politically were on average more intelligent than those on the right........ now there's a conundrum for you.

the Mail brings to mind the words of Mark Twain.....

"'If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.'

Some may remember this review of the UK press's offerings........

PM Jim Hacker: "Don't tell me about the press. I know exactly who reads the papers: The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country, the Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country, the Times is read by people who actually do run the country, the Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country, the Financial Times is read by people who own the country, the Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another countryand the Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is."
Sir Humphrey: "Prime Minister, what about the people who read the Sun?"
Bernard Woolley: "Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Still being blocked on AIS......

......actually, it works if you change browser, all good with FireFux opening anon window, but Cameron having selfies it's something should definately be blocked, i wish i still had that beautiful green screen :D

by the time this Koh Tao thing is over, all the UK papers will be blocked

And most people with half an ounce of common will still be reading them.

biggrin.png

...and that's until the "crackdown" finally arrives.

by the time this Koh Tao thing is over, all the UK papers will be blocked

And most people with half an ounce of common will still be reading them.

biggrin.png

...and that's until the "crackdown" finally arrives.

I think they started using BlueCoat a couple of weeks ago.

The NSA they ain't.

• 2 months later...

The home page is still blocked on 3BB and probably will be forever, but links to specific articles can be opened. This is a specific type of Thai censorship in which the ISP's Censor Dept does a shoddy job of blocking a site just to satisfy the command from the ICT Ministry before readjusting the office clock to 15 minutes fast so they can all disappear off to a noodles restaurant for lunch 25 minutes before lunchtime.

It appears that The Daily Mail is now unblocked - at least on TOT.

Just got blocked again on TOT, at 9:00pm, while I was reading it.

Read several stories then tried to look at the sports section and it was blocked. All other pages are now blocked as well.

Archived