Daily Mail blocked again

AyG

Previously not had problems accessing the Daily Mail website (not that I visit there very often - it's a hateful rag).

Anyway, just tried to follow a link to a Daily Mail report. It appears the whole site is blocked. (This is with TOT.)

In the past, when MICT blocks sites, the "you are blocked" page simply failed to load and times out.

This time I get a rather lovely, mostly green, page with a logo.

It's great that the junta has taken the effort to help MICT to upgrade its systems to make it clearer who is protecting us from seeing things that are bad for us. Congratulations. Well done!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure whether the current blocking is related to the previous article, or is something new. At the time of the previous article it wasn't blocked (for me at least) via TOT.

That video is still available through youtube and wikileaks. (Actually, I was surprised to find that wikileaks is now unblocked. It was completely blocked last time I checked, albeit a few months ago.)

Was about to post 'not for me' but it is - yesterday I accidentally went to the site and all worked and I remember thinking 'i thought this was supposed to be blocked' - guess there's some other tawdry article that happens to pertain to Thailand in there this week - hardly a bastion of journalism in general is it.

The Home page is blocked but the sub pages seem OK. Example News which I can access along with Sports, etc. - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/index.html

That was how it was described by some posters a few days ago. At that time I wasn't blocked at all on TOT. Now all pages are blocked, incluing the one you linked to.

Of course, I'm not allowed here to discuss ways of bypassing the block (and why would I want to? I am a great fan of the new green MICT page). Let's just say that if I were to try to bypass the block I'd still get the green page. It makes me happy that MICT is doing such a good job of protecting the people from the Daily Mail's misleading information.

Worked for me (3BB).

I read all about the leader of UKIP (whoever they are) and a bird with big boobies.

I feel sorry for you. Bird with big boobies? Wouldn't you rather be looking at this?

ict2.jpg

Why would someone start a post about blocked access to a newspaper they do not like and do not read ? <deleted>

I hate football and it like me watching a game and then moaning about it.

There are many papers I don't agree with and guess what ? I don't read them, its easy really when you get the hang of it rolleyes.gif

It was the last time I read the most read online paper in the world after beating the new York times with I think around 53 million views in the month so a lot of people don't agree with your discription whistling.gif

Why would someone start a post about blocked access to a newspaper they do not like and do not read ? <deleted>

Simple. Google News' front page had a link to an article which sounded interesting (and was related to Thailand). It happened to be from the Daily Mail. I clicked on the link and found it was blocked.

Whilst there are a few newspapers I follow, I also like Google News as a 'catch all' for stuff I might otherwise miss.

were you looking for this one?

heard first hand accounts of farang being beaten on tioman because the locals didnt like their accompanying non malay female consorts.

Found something funny out

Most xx size working

When you put a m.

For mobile access instead of www

It's also a diffrence , when you enter the link direct, mostly not work

When you search same link on google often it works!

No joke try it out !

Most xx size working

When you put a m.

No joke try it out !

Sandy, please make your next post in Swahili, it would be more comprehensible.

Most xx size working

When you put a m.

No joke try it out !

Try the Google translator, please.

I love the dailymail.online.

It's the first newspaper I open on my PC in the morning.

Lots of well-illustrated articles about various subjects.

But I'll certainly agree that it's tabloid at times. Like that offending VDO that nobody really needed to watch.

Still, if I had to select only one online newspaper for my morning coffee it'd be the dailymail over the Guardian and the Telegraph.

Anyway it was blocked for me shortly after the offending VDO was published but then I Googled a way back in partially (couldn't open all articles) to the Home and US.

Then this was blocked too a couple days ago. I'm on TOT Pattaya.

I think it'd be a simple thing to restrict only the VDO article in Thailand and re-open the dailymai.onlinel but I suspect that it must to be "punished" ...

I think it'd be a simple thing to restrict only the VDO article in Thailand and re-open the dailymai.onlinel but I suspect that it must to be "punished" ...

Not punishment, just laziness. Rather than go to the trouble of blocking a specific page, or even a specific website, it's simpler to block the ip address, in this case 195.234.240.212. It's an irresponsible approach, because it also blocks all other websites hosted on the same ip address.

I love the dailymail.online.

It's the first newspaper I open on my PC in the morning.

Lots of well-illustrated articles about various subjects.

But I'll certainly agree that it's tabloid at times. Like that offending VDO that nobody really needed to watch.

Still, if I had to select only one online newspaper for my morning coffee it'd be the dailymail over the Guardian and the Telegraph.

Anyway it was blocked for me shortly after the offending VDO was published but then I Googled a way back in partially (couldn't open all articles) to the Home and US.

Then this was blocked too a couple days ago. I'm on TOT Pattaya.

Have you thought about switching to the Beano? It's pretty much identical, especially if you look up some back issues.

lordsnooty_sambo.jpg

tot blocked

5c845f85f1fd92fe53992a4dfcf2ae80ef0f9bf5

I've just had an email sent to me from Australia, recorded from a news program in Oz.

It dealt with a truck in Canada being hit by lightning.

Any idea why I'd get this same Ministry notice?

I've just had an email sent to me from Australia, recorded from a news program in Oz.

Difficult to say if you don't name the website.

Difficult to say if you don't name the website.

It is still blocked

Why would someone start a post about blocked access to a newspaper they do not like and do not read ?

I hate football and it like me watching a game and then moaning about it.

There are many papers I don't agree with and guess what ? I don't read them, its easy really when you get the hang of it rolleyes.gif

It was the last time I read the most read online paper in the world after beating the new York times with I think around 53 million views in the month so a lot of people don't agree with your discription whistling.gif

Why not read papers that you do not agree with, as well as those that you do, it helps to broaden your mind.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Archived