Drinking and walking around shopping malls...

Pattaya Pat

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Learn Thai to be able to hear what people actually talk about you, have some decent conversations.not just the usual ."I lav Yuu Tuu Match ones."

.Read good books and start with "private dancer."\

Download movies. programs,etc and see what's best for you.

Write stories about Aliens that have landed in your garden in Buri Ram. Join TFV Isaan, more fun there....

Travel the Isaan and you might not come back to freaking Pattaya.\

But please don't make a new thread that you're on a 19 year+ overstay. Life's too short to not enjoy it. The frozen content of an airplane's lavatory could fall down from the sky, straight on you and kill you instantly,even after winning the lottery.

Walk down the "Walking Street", beach road, etc and ask yourself, if you really like what you see.

Edited by sirchai

Travel around Thailand or neighboring countries for short trips and you will never get bored also you will want to go back to familiar surrounding after all the experience's you had on the road.

I have and I can report back that for the most part, they are over-populated and polluted third world countries teeming with poor people just like Thailand. Their beaches, shopping malls, and what passes for cultural and historical attractions are for the most part are the same as Thailand. Next idea? Edited by OMGImInPattaya

PP, it's like everywhere else, and I mean everywhere, it all gets run of the mill after you get used to it day after day.

What did you do in your home country to alleviate the boredom ?

In the Uk there just seems to be more going on, sport, parties, jump on a train and go somewhere easily, it's easier to get to places etc, proper pubs and beer gardens, plus you have more family etc, see your nephews, visit the old dear on a sunday etc...I think the heat here also detracts you from wanting to do things...

There you nailed it...the HEAT! It makes doing just about anything outdoors simply out of the question; and it just generally saps ones energy.

The problem with topics like this is that no matter what you suggest, it will never be good enough. It doesn't matter that you can do pretty much everything you could do back home, some people will never be happy and will always find an excuse for why they don't want to do the same things in Pattaya (or elsewhere).

It should have been readily obvious the first post what kind of topic this was. beatdeadhorse.gif

Exactly. Not to be taken seriously, good for a laugh at best. As I noted, all solutions will be rejected. One of a long series of whines.

OP knows, or thinks he does, what he wants. He knows quite well that Thailand doesn't have it and never will. Hence there's only one inescapable solution (besides a balcony jump). Maybe he's trying to convince himself w/ our help. I suppose the real problem is he just doesn't have the money to move back to his imagined paradise. If so then his post merely falls into the recurring "I want Santa Barbara on a Chang beer budget" whine we hear so often.

Perspective: for every one Pattaya Pat in pipe-and-slippers mode, there're a thousand other Brits in the UK dreaming & scheming of living in Pattaya forever.

Me, I wish each day had another 5 hours. I always find plenty to do here. Heat doesn't bother me; I exercise comfortably at home in the air con. Traffic and parking situation do bother me a bit, but I manage well enough by driving a motorbike.

And I never, ever get tired of looking at pretty girls. smile.png

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 1

I know what I would do here if I had more time. I'd be certainly fitter and a better guitarist. Probably also rehone my diving skills and do some go kart. If that is still not fulfilling me, I'd start playing golf out of desperation...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

PP, it's like everywhere else, and I mean everywhere, it all gets run of the mill after you get used to it day after day.

What did you do in your home country to alleviate the boredom ?

In the Uk there just seems to be more going on, sport, parties, jump on a train and go somewhere easily, it's easier to get to places etc, proper pubs and beer gardens, plus you have more family etc, see your nephews, visit the old dear on a sunday etc...I think the heat here also detracts you from wanting to do things...

There you nailed it...the HEAT! It makes doing just about anything outdoors simply out of the question; and it just generally saps ones energy.

Part of Living in Thailand is the climate and " The Heat " it is a fabulous country offering " an outdoor lifestyle " as mentioned in another thread but if you don't like the heat why would you want to live in Thailand?

You could join an internet forum, stay at home and complain about all things Thai every waking hour.

You don't need to stay at home to do this.

Since I bought my tablet, I can do this, drink beer and walk around shopping malls all at the same time...!

Cool, eh...?

• Like 1

I know what I would do here if I had more time. I'd be certainly fitter and a better guitarist. Probably also rehone my diving skills and do some go kart. If that is still not fulfilling me, I'd start playing golf out of desperation...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"You fill up my senses, like a walk in the forest..."

Dude - you can do that in Aspen.

You could join an internet forum, stay at home and complain about all things Thai every waking hour.

You don't need to stay at home to do this.

Since I bought my tablet, I can do this, drink beer and walk around shopping malls all at the same time...!

Cool, eh...?

Now, that's what I call AmeriCAN!clap2.gif

Boring is as boring does...?

I hate being around bored persons..... makes me sad.

You got to get out and get tired. Fitness center, swimming, a bicycle ride/walking routine...and a few hard hours outside doing yardwork/fixing something. Then you will be happy to sit in a nice, clean aircon room for a few hours and type ideas out/research new ideas on the puter. I save the Buffet for later.

What would you do at home?...pretty much everything and more here than in most other countries.

I suppose it depends on where you come from, i'm from London so many things to do.

Look I like Pattaya but it's woefully lacking. Back home you can do simple nice things like go for a walk around the shops with your daughter, nice wide pavements, it's clean, it's safe, civilised folk of all ages walking around. but here you can't even do simple pleasures like that. The place stinks, it has no pavements, all and sundry are looking at you like you are from mars and you would be afraid some physcho driver is going to mount the pavement and wipe you out....joke place.

Move to Bangkok. There you can do those things that you like in London and big cities

There is para-sailing, Bungy jumping in Jomtien Beach, indoor shooting range adjacent to where the Tiffany Show is, Art in Paradice near the Tiffany Show, or even the Tiffant Show which is truly amazing, and then there is Tiger Zoo which has an awesome tiger show and where you can get your photo taken with a 600 pound Bangle Tiger without having to worry about becoming it's dinner, or hand feed a tiger cub, play some of the best golf courses in Thailand, or even a day of racing at the go-cart track. When you sober up and open your eyes past all the girls, there is a lot to do in Pattaya and the surrounding area.

Honestly, I didn't think this was a real topic - hence my earlier sarcasm.facepalm.gif

However, you came to this paradise for a reason; do you remember it? I know mine, and am sure many others do. This is a big country, and an old one - you could do worse than investigating its rich couture.

Again, if Pattaya (Phucket) doesn't do it for you, jump on a bus & move. Living in a tourist party-town wouldn't do it for me, and it sounds like it doesn't do it for you. Pick up your sticks brothumbsup.gif