Questions on the sample Affirmation shown on The British Embassy website

Mobi

I have a few questions regarding the affirmation to marry issued by the British Embassy.

Their website states that this can be done between 9 a.m and 11 a.m , Mon - Fri.

Is there any delay in issuing the stamped document? Do I have to come back later to collect it or is it all done on the spot?

The sample Affirmation form on the embassy website requires that the address of the proposed Thai spouse to be entered. Does this have to be the address on her Tabian Bahn, or can it be the address where she is currently residing – in my case with me.

The form also states: “If divorced, date and place of decree absolute”

My last marriage was in Thailand and I was divorced in Thailand. ‘Decree absolute’ is English law terminology, so can it also be used in respect of a Thai divorce? Or should I just state ‘Divorced (at and when)’ rather than the ‘decree absolute’ stuff?

I know this all sounds a bit pedantic but I have to make a special trip to Bangkok to do this and I wouldn’t be best pleased if my affirmation was rejected on any of the above points.

Thanks for any advice

Take a ticket on the way in, when your turn comes they take the document and payment.

It will then be checked and you will be called back to sign the affirmation in front of the consular official who then stamps and signs it.

In February, it took a total of 30 minutes.

Take a ticket on the way in, when your turn comes they take the document and payment.

It will then be checked and you will be called back to sign the affirmation in front of the consular official who then stamps and signs it.

In February, it took a total of 30 minutes.

Thanks for the info. It is appreciated.