RS allows TrueVisions to broadcast all World Cup 2014 matches

webfact

hullupullo, on 10 Jun 2014 - 17:48, said:
HOAX, on 10 Jun 2014 - 13:28, said:

May I ask which channels on TrueVision (Gold) are sending the World Cup?

Alternatively, if a problem occur with True, which channels sends the World Cup on the RS HD box?

HD boxes Word Cup HD ch 668 and ASN2 ch 678

SD boxes World Cup SD ch 99 and Channel 8 ch37

Check ch 668 now, text info there

Channel 668 and 678 channel not found. I have TrueVision Gold. sad.png

• Like 1

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alternatively, if a problem occur with True, which channels sends the World Cup on the RS HD box?

Ah, you have to go to truevisionsgroup.com and sign up for these extra channels. I did it 6 months ago. They have been plastering a message about this on the bottom of the TV screen for the last few days. It appears True Visions TV has officially changed their name to True Visions Group.

Edited by yabbra
  • Like 1

The Nation is reporting this evening (Tuesday) that RS will abandon its coverage altogether if it doesn't win its legal battle on Wednesday. That means no world cup on any TV in this country. What am I doing here?

The Nation is reporting this evening (Tuesday) that RS will abandon its coverage altogether if it doesn't win its legal battle on Wednesday. That means no world cup on any TV in this country. What am I doing here?

Looks like RS are saying it's my ball and I'm not playing.

hullupullo, on 10 Jun 2014 - 18:40, said:
Vacuum, on 10 Jun 2014 - 18:23, said:
hullupullo, on 10 Jun 2014 - 17:48, said:hullupullo, on 10 Jun 2014 - 17:48, said:
HOAX, on 10 Jun 2014 - 13:28, said:HOAX, on 10 Jun 2014 - 13:28, said:

You have not registered for new channels?

http://register.truevisionsgroup.com/register.php

Or call 0-2725-2727

Thanks. smile.png

The country has a law that states the World Cup must be free to air and if the court doesnt uphold the NBTC appeal it will be to the detriment of poorer Thais with no Pay TV

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Whilst I feel sorry for the Thais who in theory have a right to free WC football, just think about the legal implications of such a court ruling.

Two private legal entities enter into a completely legal contract, one paying the other for a service in return. Several years later a government body decides to pass a law making this agreement (sale of such services under the conditions signed up to) illegal.

If the court decides that the law is retroactive this will mean that private legal entities in Thailand will not be safe to enter into completely legal transactions for the fear that a future change in law can strip them of the benefits gained under the contract and possibly even force them to be in material breach of a contract under an international jurisdiction....

If you sold me a car tomorrow, then three years later a law was passed prohibiting, retroactively, the sale of cars between private individuals, would you happily hand me back my money? Its tantamount to the same thing.

If the court rules in favour of RS, it will be a victory for the Thai legal system but against Public Interest. If they rule in favour of NBTC it will be good for Public Interest but make a mockery out of the Thai legal system.

I do not know which way they will go, but I, as judge, would struggle to defend a ruling against RS.

It wasn't years later.... the law was passed in November and RS bought the rights last year also they were made aware that this law was coming,but still bid as the advertising revenues alone are the major draw for gaining the rights for all companies.

The law is now in place if the supreme court allow RS to continue then that is making a mockery of the legal system here wouldn't you agree.

On another subject about another World Cup fiasco involving Thailand read here http://rt.com/news/164580-qatar-sony-corruption-cup/

RS bought the rights to South Africa and Brazil 10 years ago.

Interesting ...do you have a link to this? i am very surprised IF they bought the rights to both World cups 10 years ago! Would like to see this in detail.

RS warns it might scrap World Cup live telecast

June 10, 2014 5:49 pm

All 22 million households in the country might face a blackout of the 64 live matches of the World Cup football tournament if the Supreme Administrative Court Wednesday rules in favour of the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC), RS said during the hearing in the court Tuesday.

The Nation

The country has a law that states the World Cup must be free to air and if the court doesnt uphold the NBTC appeal it will be to the detriment of poorer Thais with no Pay TV

RS state that the contract for the WC was signed BEFORE that law came into play .. If the SAME NBTC had actually done their job and issued the digital box vouchers then many more Thais would have availability!

Also honestly what company is going to pay the huge amounts for licensing if they can't get their money + profits!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Whilst I feel sorry for the Thais who in theory have a right to free WC football, just think about the legal implications of such a court ruling.

Two private legal entities enter into a completely legal contract, one paying the other for a service in return. Several years later a government body decides to pass a law making this agreement (sale of such services under the conditions signed up to) illegal.

If the court decides that the law is retroactive this will mean that private legal entities in Thailand will not be safe to enter into completely legal transactions for the fear that a future change in law can strip them of the benefits gained under the contract and possibly even force them to be in material breach of a contract under an international jurisdiction....

If you sold me a car tomorrow, then three years later a law was passed prohibiting, retroactively, the sale of cars between private individuals, would you happily hand me back my money? Its tantamount to the same thing.

If the court rules in favour of RS, it will be a victory for the Thai legal system but against Public Interest. If they rule in favour of NBTC it will be good for Public Interest but make a mockery out of the Thai legal system.

I do not know which way they will go, but I, as judge, would struggle to defend a ruling against RS.

It wasn't years later.... the law was passed in November and RS bought the rights last year also they were made aware that this law was coming,but still bid as the advertising revenues alone are the major draw for gaining the rights for all companies.

The law is now in place if the supreme court allow RS to continue then that is making a mockery of the legal system here wouldn't you agree.

On another subject about another World Cup fiasco involving Thailand read here http://rt.com/news/164580-qatar-sony-corruption-cup/

If you have privileged information from within the legal proceedings or otherwise then I will not argue.

However the information in the public domain (i.e. the press, not based on what other TVF members have said) indicates that RS successfully won the franchise rights in September 2005 (which would indicate that the bidding process would have been conducted some time before that), whereas the Must Have Rule came into effect in January this year.

Now, I have no evidence to show that RS were not made aware of the coming into effect of the Rule before September 2005 (much as I suspect that you don't have any evidence to the contrary), but I find it hard to believe that the NBTC would have advised of any such intentions more than 8 years before they were implemented.....

Even if the intention of the rule implementation was planned in advance, which I would assume it was, how was such a plan communicated? To whom? And when? These are questions which I genuinely can't answer by the way.

So, if this press information is wrong, and RS did in fact know in 2005 that the Must Have rule would come into force, then I hope that the court is shown that evidence and that common sense prevails for the good of Public Interest, however the circumstantial facts as I can see them do not point that way.

Obviously today's hearing will go into more depth than we can here, but I work with Thai lawyers who are very interested in the outcome of this case, not really for the football implications but for the legal.

Edited to add: A bit of digging shows that the draft "Must Have Rules" principles went through their first public hearing on 11th Nov 2012 and were submitted to the NBTC board for approval on 14th Nov 2012. So I'm really struggling to see how RS were supposed to have known about this in 2005.

I would like to see the press articles stipulating what agreements were made with Fifa and what RS actually paid!! and you have said it yourself that to bid so far ahead for big sporting events that should be shown to all..there is a massive risk that things do not go as the companies marketing and advertising departments polices wanted....bidding on anything ten years in advance deserves to be seriously looked into and any deals done with FIFA at the moment are coming under the microscope

It really is messy and i do not disagree with some of your comments about RS and how they would of known about this IF they did bid 10 years ago although i think there long term strategy was open to this kind of ruling if they looked at other countries laws on showing the major tournaments to all.

Tomorrow will be a important day for all.

Bangon, what difference is it to you how much RS paid?

I find it interesting that you told me that it was not a matter of years between the franchise award and the NBTC rules as if you had some prior knowledge, then it transpires that you hadn't even read the piblically available information from the press...

Also, I did not say that biding in advance for the rights was risky, I said that it should NOT be risky due to later changes in laws. I don't know how much you know about tendering procedures but usually, the option is bid for what is tenered or don't. If the package was for 2 worls cups and RS won then they, as FIFA are bound by that.

I understand that you personally would like for all Thai residents to get free to air coverage of the World Cup. So would I, but don't confuse your preference with the abuse of legal principles.

If there are investigations into the franchising agreements signed with FIFA ata world level then that is unrelated to the RS vs NBTC dispute and it would almost certainly be under a different jurisdiction.

The judgement tomorrow is about upholding a fair application of change of law principles under the Thai jurisdiction.

Anyone have any news on a bar that will be showing the England Italy match?

Apple Bar in Jomtien. Soi Chaiyaphruk 1. Junction with new 2nd Road. On a large 300cm screen

Chris

Apple Bar in Jomtien. Soi Chaiyaphruk 1. Junction with new 2nd Road. On a large 300cm screen

Chris

Maybe not now. Tomorrow's court case between RS & the NBTC will tell, though.

Chris

Maybe not now. Tomorrow's court case between RS & the NBTC will tell, though.

Very True!!!

But just paid out for license to show the games, projector and large screen installed in bar plus their sun box installed!

I wander if they do not show the games can I sue for my license money back?

Chris

You have not registered for new channels?

http://register.truevisionsgroup.com/register.php

Or call 0-2725-2727

Thanks a lot to all of you. Much appreciated. I won`t be able to do it before tomorrow anyway.

By the way, when I was looking at this Gold channel list http://www.truevisionsgroup.com/package_gold.aspx , some channels are marked (for instance BBC World News HD, Food Network HD, EDGE Sport HD and some others) and it says "Available for CATV subscriber only". Is this what you guys are talking about? If not, what is CATV subscription?

Edited by HOAX

It's a FIFA directive that the World Cup should always be available free-to-air around the world. CTH has all the Thai channels in HD.

Same applies with the Olympics I believe.

How much did you have to pay for license, box and installation?

Very True!!!

But just paid out for license to show the games, projector and large screen installed in bar plus their sun box installed!

I wander if they do not show the games can I sue for my license money back?

Chris

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

By the way, when I was looking at this Gold channel list http://www.truevisionsgroup.com/package_gold.aspx , some channels are marked (for instance BBC World News HD, Food Network HD, EDGE Sport HD and some others) and it says "Available for CATV subscriber only". Is this what you guys are talking about? If not, what is CATV subscription?

CATV = Cable TV. They can get some additional channels

I thought so.

I tried to register online but it says "Your account does not allow to register.". So I called them and they say we`re already registered. When I was reading through what we was talking about earlier here someone said something like, "If you go to channel 668, info text will show". On my box the channel 668 and 678 is not there at all. Is that the way it`s suppose to be? I called true about that and they said the channels will come, but I just can`t help myself not trusting these guys on that. I always hate last minute rush.

I thought so.

I tried to register online but it says "Your account does not allow to register.". So I called them and they say we`re already registered. When I was reading through what we was talking about earlier here someone said something like, "If you go to channel 668, info text will show". On my box the channel 668 and 678 is not there at all. Is that the way it`s suppose to be? I called true about that and they said the channels will come, but I just can`t help myself not trusting these guys on that. I always hate last minute rush.

I also called True today as I did not know about these "extra channels". I gave them the number of my smart card and they confirmed that I was eligible to register for no extra charge and that I would get an SMS with instructions on how to complete the procedure within 24 hrs.... I'll report back...

Anyway, on one of the many other World Cup TV rights threads someone is claiming that True will show the WC on True Sports HD and True Sports 3, so if that's the case why would we need to register for any extra channels?

blink.png

I thought so.

I also called True today as I did not know about these "extra channels". I gave them the number of my smart card and they confirmed that I was eligible to register for no extra charge and that I would get an SMS with instructions on how to complete the procedure within 24 hrs.... I'll report back...

Anyway, on one of the many other World Cup TV rights threads someone is claiming that True will show the WC on True Sports HD and True Sports 3, so if that's the case why would we need to register for any extra channels?

blink.png

The extra channels on True are in relation to their current concession ending soon,the two are not connected AFAIK. Edited by stoneyboy

So are you saying that we don't need the mythical channels 668 and 678?

I'm sure that the recorded message on True helpline said that you have to register to see their WC coverage....

Anyway, I too have seen the messages scrolling across the Fox Sports HD channel about the licence changing to Truevisions Group in September so I might as well do it now anyway because Moto GP is far more important than football anyway!

You can register with TrueVisionsGroup yourself by sending a SMS.

Message should consist of OK followed by a space character followed by your subscriber number OR Smart card Number

Send this message to 4827370

This info scrolls across TrueVisions channels every few minutes, do not know if they act straight away or do them in a batch at night.