VFS RE VISA TO CANADA how long to wait in office fot pickup of visa

BELOW IS LETTER I SENT TO CANADIAN EMBASSY

CAN ANYONE COMMENT ON WAIT TIME TO PICK UP VISA ONCE CONTACTED FROM VFS.

I WILL PLY TO BKK AT 11:00 AM AND HAVE A FLIGHT TO CANADA AT 3:15

Dear Sir or Madam, June 9th

As Sponser and Representative I mailed a application for a visa to travel to Canada for my Thai Wife

%%%%%% on MAY 8TH tracking number %%%%%%%%%

5 days later She was called by VFS and told there was a problem with Bank Draft made out to EM BASSY CANADA. (the space between the E and the M was not allowed)

We sent a new one the next day.

4 days later(day 9) she was called again saying bank Draft to

VFS THAILAND LTD was no good because there were no brackets ( ) around the word Thailand.

We sent a new one the next day

That is 3 trips to bank and 3 trips to post office,and I will go again to try and get money back for bank drafts if and when they are returned to me.

MAY 19 (Day 11 ) I received a email saying you were processing visa application.

June 7th We missed our flights to Canada and rebooked for friday June 13th.

I understood from your website app 12 business days after you recieved application it would be ready and sent to VFS and they would contact us.

As of today I count 16 business days have passed but (32 in totel)

Nothing can be done about all my lost time and frustration with VHS and there handling of the 2 money orders but I thought you may like to know how they doing things.

I thought applying one month in advance would be lots of time even if there was a small mistake made but they have proved me wrong.

I am extreemly concerned that Her application has been misplaced or lost at your office or VSH.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The embassy at Abdul Rahim no longer handles visas?

I know Harper loves outsourcing but to farm out visas is a bit much.

The Visa Application Centre only collects applications and returns the passports in a sealed pack, they play no part in the decision making process.

provide administrative support services, such as; the collection of visa applications and return of passports in sealed decision envelopes to applicants. CVAC can also assist in scheduling interviews on behalfof the Canada visa office.

The decision to issue or refuse a visa is made solely by immigration officers of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

The Visa Application Centre only collects applications and returns the passports in a sealed pack, they play no part in the decision making process.

provide administrative support services, such as; the collection of visa applications and return of passports in sealed decision envelopes to applicants. CVAC can also assist in scheduling interviews on behalfof the Canada visa office.

The decision to issue or refuse a visa is made solely by immigration officers of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

I would really like to believe that this was the case, but I do not think so. VFS carries out interviews on behalf of the UK Border Agency and the first time my wife went in 2010 she was interviewed for over 20 minutes. They asked questions about me and my family and also about her life in Thailand. A lot of notes were taken during the interview. Subsequent interviews, last one was in January, were much shorter,about 10 minutes. I do not know if VFS had their knuckles rapped or if it was because it was not a first time application.

Although the decision rests with the country immigration, I am fairly sure the interview comments have some bearing on the outcome.

I would really like to believe that this was the case, but I do not think so. VFS carries out interviews on behalf of the UK Border Agency and the first time my wife went in 2010 she was interviewed for over 20 minutes. They asked questions about me and my family and also about her life in Thailand. A lot of notes were taken during the interview. Subsequent interviews, last one was in January, were much shorter,about 10 minutes. I do not know if VFS had their knuckles rapped or if it was because it was not a first time application.

Although the decision rests with the country immigration, I am fairly sure the interview comments have some bearing on the outcome.

We've had this discussion in another thread.

VFS staff don't, and never have, interviewed visa applicants.

• Like 1

We've had this discussion in another thread.

VFS staff don't, and never have, interviewed visa applicants.

You are quite entitled to any opinion you wish to hold.

You are quite entitled to any opinion you wish to hold.

Indeed, but the fact remains that VFS staff are not involved in the decision making process at all, and that includes interviewing applicants:

Who decides if I will get a visa?

Your visa application will be processed and decided by UK Visas and Immigration staff. VFS Global does not, play any part in or influence the outcome of your visa application.

Do I need to attend an interview?

If you are a student applying under the Point based system (Tier 4) you will need to sit a short interview in the visa application centre and you will be interviewed by an interviewer from England.

For non-student applications UK Visas and Immigration will conduct interviews if deemed necessary during the processing of your application by UK Visas and Immigration.

Given the huge amount of news coverage that immigration receives in Canadian media, it's astonishing the number of Canadians that fail to check out the legal standing of the consultants claiming to help them. CIC couldn't care less about your dealings with VFS because they have no relationship to them. CIC is not responsible for the doings of the people you hired. The only people legally entitled to represent you must be a certified member of the ICCRC, you can search for them at this link.

If VFS has been a dick to you in this process. CIC has recommendations on filing a complaint based on where they are located and if they are certified.

Good luck with the visa process. I fear you may still be on your own.

The day after writing a letter to the Canadian Embassy and VFS I received a call from VFS and they said Her visa has JUST arrived. Maybe a coincidence. ?...... I will make my flight!

Re VFS making decisions, I am sure they're the ones that rejected the bank draft Made out to VFS THAILAND LTD that did not have brackets around the word THAILAND and likley the ones who rejected the draft to EM BASSY OF CANADA because of the space between the m & b. These 2 seperate rejections added about 10 days to the time. I live in Udon Thani .The only option they would give me both times was to go to bank buy another bank Draft and post it to them and the passport would not be forward to Embassy until they recieved the new bank drafts. The rejected bank drafts should come back with Passport and then one more trip to bank to try and get refund.

My Opinion .......40 days of stress and intense research of how to apply using VFS to get a visa for a person who has traveled several times before to Canada. I am going to write a list of ALL the things I submitted to help anyone else who is going thru this and will post it

LIST TO VFS FOR VISA

bank draft to EMBASSY OF CANADA 3000 BAHT

BANK DRAFT TO VFS (THAILAND)LTD 680

198 BAHT IN CASH 200 IS OK FOR RETURN POST

60 BAHT IN CASH FOR TRACKING

PRINT NAME OF APPLICANT ON BACK OF DRAFTS

2 PHOTOS WITH NAME AND B DAY ON BACK

PASSPORT

UPDATED BANK BOOK

LETTER OF INVITATION FROM SPONSER

REPRESENTATIVE FORM

COPY OF PASSPORT OF REPRESENTATIVE

COMPLETED APPLICATION (VALIDATED)

LETTER FROM APPLICANT REASONS FOR TRAVEL

FAMILY INFO FORM

CIC DOCUMENT CHECK LIST

CVAC CHECK LIST FOR MAIL IN APPLICANTS

I KNOW SOME PEOPLE SUBMIT MORE AND SOME LESS BUT THIS WORKED FOR ME. REMEMBER IT IS UP TO VFS WHEN YOUR INFO WILL BE PASSED ON TO EMBASSY GOOD LUCK

VFS PHONE # 021187007

The day after writing a letter to the Canadian Embassy and VFS I received a call from VFS and they said Her visa has JUST arrived. Maybe a coincidence. ?...... I will make my flight!

As a matter of interest did VFS say that "her visa had just arrived" or the "passport had been returned"?

A very subtle difference, VFS should not know the outcome of the application and if they did it's quite worrying.

I understand the subtle difference but she has traveled several times to canada. Will know for sure when go to post office at 10 am... The guy who posted his saga ending in flying to BKK to pick up visa only to find out rejected does scare me.