Thai rice miller gets 20 years in jail for rice pledging frauds

webfact

So the last raid showed no missing rice, and this one found a miller and farmers involved in fraud (and these charges were first filed by that vile Yingluck woman...). Duh.

If you do the math, the amount of 'twice sold rice' by the farmers was not much tonnage -- the 'missing rice' is a whopper. that's why the farmers all got probation. Of course. The millers are the ones in the position to most benefit, and control the records. They collect a subsidy for storage, then sell it off, hoping that lies about rot and shelf life let them hide it in the records down the road. This same rice miller milled rice under Abhisit, and several others. Do you punters really think he suddenly got greedy? No, he was a thief all along.

The yellow cheerleaders are laughable today. The miller's twenty year sentence gave the prosecution more than ample time to make him 'sing like a canary' before sentencing, and a plea bargain (they do happen here) would have bought him a lighter sentence.

What droogs. The rice millers were thieving fat cats before Thaksin ever came to power, and will remain thieving fat cats under any leadership.

The yellow cheerleader sheeple are buying what they are selling...again.

Sis, boom, bah -- go team (shaking of pom poms here). Sis, boom...um....

where did the team go?

Down playing the facts I see.

If you do the math, the amount of 'twice sold rice' by the farmers was not much tonnage. So this makes it OK? How long will you use this excuse as each case is brought forward until it culminates into the 2.9 million tons that are missing? Will you change your excuses at 2.89 million tons?

The amount of weapons found would not fill a sea container. So the military are not doing a good job.

The PTP, through yingluck, said there was no corruption in the rice scheme. She lied. I knew it, the DEM's knew it and 99% of the TVF members knew it. It has been proven here.

The PTP through the police found no weapons because they didn't have an incentive too find them. 1% of TVF members said there were no weapons. I knew there were. The DEM's knew there were and 99% of TVF members knew there were. It has been proven.

Change your tune. Even the hardcore red shirt leaders from the RCM51 as well as the UDD leader from Korat are giving the Junta a chance.

It seems the only bitter people left that don't embrace 1/ reform 2/ reconciliation and 3/ elections (3 fingered salute) are about 7 TVF members.

​Catch up and may peace and reconciliation be with you.

• Like 2

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the last raid showed no missing rice, and this one found a miller and farmers involved in fraud (and these charges were first filed by that vile Yingluck woman...). Duh.

If you do the math, the amount of 'twice sold rice' by the farmers was not much tonnage -- the 'missing rice' is a whopper. that's why the farmers all got probation. Of course. The millers are the ones in the position to most benefit, and control the records. They collect a subsidy for storage, then sell it off, hoping that lies about rot and shelf life let them hide it in the records down the road. This same rice miller milled rice under Abhisit, and several others. Do you punters really think he suddenly got greedy? No, he was a thief all along.

The yellow cheerleaders are laughable today. The miller's twenty year sentence gave the prosecution more than ample time to make him 'sing like a canary' before sentencing, and a plea bargain (they do happen here) would have bought him a lighter sentence.

What droogs. The rice millers were thieving fat cats before Thaksin ever came to power, and will remain thieving fat cats under any leadership.

The yellow cheerleader sheeple are buying what they are selling...again.

Sis, boom, bah -- go team (shaking of pom poms here). Sis, boom...um....

where did the team go?

Down playing the facts I see.

If you do the math, the amount of 'twice sold rice' by the farmers was not much tonnage. So this makes it OK? How long will you use this excuse as each case is brought forward until it culminates into the 2.9 million tons that are missing? Will you change your excuses at 2.89 million tons?

The amount of weapons found would not fill a sea container. So the military are not doing a good job.

The PTP, through yingluck, said there was no corruption in the rice scheme. She lied. I knew it, the DEM's knew it and 99% of the TVF members knew it. It has been proven here.

The PTP through the police found no weapons because they didn't have an incentive too find them. 1% of TVF members said there were no weapons. I knew there were. The DEM's knew there were and 99% of TVF members knew there were. It has been proven.

Change your tune. Even the hardcore red shirt leaders from the RCM51 as well as the UDD leader from Korat are giving the Junta a chance.

It seems the only bitter people left that don't embrace 1/ reform 2/ reconciliation and 3/ elections (3 fingered salute) are about 7 TVF members.

​Catch up and may peace and reconciliation be with you.

Even when the police found weapons they gave them back, if they were owned by red shirts or PT MPs, like the case in Nakorn Nayok when the police found two assault rifles in a car by mistake while trying to help a "dara" named Joy find her earrings at a resort. Frantic calls from Bkk ordered the local bobbies to give the guns back but the local army commander got a message to Prayuth who put a stop to it a few days before the coup. Technically that case should go to a military court but no sign of the arrests of the gun owner or the resort owner yet.

OK then..the mill-owner gets a full 20yrs in gaol..What about his assets? What about all his ill-gotten gains from this scam? What about his family who were right behind him while he did the skimming/scamming? Let's start with the new Vigos each son may have, & auction that nice house, & check the family's bank accounts...Then a clear message WILL be sent out to others.

This is wonderful news. Now i hope that the rest are caught and that some of them begin to "sing"

I see no reason to be lenient on the cheating farmers, after all, they helped to put their fellow farmers through financial hell through their greed for easy money. thumbsup.gif

I actually wonder which rice miller DID NOT take part in any scamming....

There's a lot more to come, and let's just hope one of them is weak enough to expose the real <deleted>s at the top who coordinated it all ! bah.gif

And when they have been "nailed and banged up" turn to Suthep and his Palm Oil schemes and shady land theft.

Take everything from the lot of them no matter which side they belonged to. coffee1.gif

Apart from the probation, good job. I raise a glass to the military government and their continued efforts to set Thailand back on the right course. 6 months to Asean, 6 months to get it all straightened out, they have made a cracking good start..

The case was opened and prosecuted under the previous government not the junta.

Well this interesting as i was thinking, how could they do it so quickly. Have you any proof of this ?wai.gif

• Like 1

Well done! Can't wait for more convictions to be handed down. This rice scam has cost us taxpayers a lot of money. It's time people went to jail.

Are you really a tax payer ?

And read careful, its the farmers cheating the government, and not the other way around .........

Farmers cheating the last government : 9

Farmers cheated by the last government : 1,200,000

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/Rice-farmers-long-time-dependence-on-subsidy-progr-30232912.html

• Like 1

Apart from the probation, good job. I raise a glass to the military government and their continued efforts to set Thailand back on the right course. 6 months to Asean, 6 months to get it all straightened out, they have made a cracking good start..

Well this interesting as i was thinking, how could they do it so quickly. Have you any proof of this ?wai.gif

Yes very interesting if it is true, i was thinking the exact same as you that it was done very quickly. But would love to know for sure.

If this is 20 years for 11 mn baht, what are they going to do for billions?

Hundreds of thousands of years in jail? If this is typical of the average scam, they will end up with thousands of people in jail. No mention as to whether anyone told Yingluck that this was going on.

This could be fun. They could end up locking up 10s of thousands and dodgy little s**ts who have conspicuously been driving around in new mercs for the last 5 years.

Not that anyone really cares, but the Thai Jails are currently overcrowded as it is, if the Junta want to be seen as "doing the right thing" then a review of all those currently incarcerated might not be a bad idea, especially those jailed under suspicious circumstance,as they're going to need the cell spaces soon. If anyone really believes that the General and Co wouldn't give a &lt;deleted&gt;, think again, as they're doing all they can to portray the coup as a necessity and doing it for the good of the people, cramming 10's of thousands into already overcrowded prisons is bound to have the tree huggers up in arms.

Perhaps diverting funds for ridiculous projects might be better diverted to build more detention facilities, unless they're planning in incarcerating those processed through military tribunals into Military prisons?

This is but a snowflake at the tip of the iceberg.

"a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

Mao

I'm sure Chairman Mao would have agreed that making that first step a leap (Martial Law B.E. 2457 (1914) - unofficial translation) would greatly expedite such a journey.

You are REALLY clutching at straws trying to compare Thailand today to communist China under Mao. Funny that since the UDD were headed for 8 years or so by a couple of commie maoists in the form of the Thida and her husband hahaha cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

There is a Great Leap Forward being made here right now but in a very different sense.....

My reference had to do with Chairman Mao's methodology and not his ideology and please note that I was not the one to quote him. My use of the word leap was not in reference to the "Great Leap Forward". If it had been I would have used the full term. The context of leap was intended to be the essentially the same as you have used in your reply. However, in mine, it was more in the context of "solidifying control" as Chairman Mao had done through means other than the implementation of martial law. He had a one-party political system and other tools and ploys to assist in that.

Chairman Mao's regime has not been classified as an MD by WikI. However, Thailand now has the dubious distinction of being classified as one by the same source. I'm not being judgmental about it in any way; I simply like to call a spade a spade, as un-PC as that may be.

But keep up with the laughies. They at least provide some additional slapstick humor value to your posts.

Edited by MaxYakov
  • Like 1

Well done! Can't wait for more convictions to be handed down. This rice scam has cost us taxpayers a lot of money. It's time people went to jail.

And read careful, its the farmers cheating the government, and not the other way around .........

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/Rice-farmers-long-time-dependence-on-subsidy-progr-30232912.html

I hope you really intended "previous government", vs your use of "last government". Freudian slip per chance?

• Like 1

And what about the real corrupt masterminds? Will they ever get arrested,... the millers take all the blame on behalf of the TRUE rice pledging mafia big boss...

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

You wish. This is the nub of the problem. The fraud is going to be thousand of little guys doing this. Not Yingluck making billions.

Yes, well done, but lets be sure these people that get convicted are not scapegoats for someone higher up.

I think it odd that a group of yokel farmers (with what sort of legal representation?) who conspired to defraud the government get probation; Governments do not usually take kindly when their coffers are pilfered.....unless there is someone higher up the chain and this is all for show. "Look! We got convictions! All the money was stolen by the likes of these farmers.".

You are probably correct, they are only at the bottom of the ant hill at this time... I would agree that most of the farmers would have no clue, if someone didn't put the ideal in their head, money is source of so many problems, corruption and greed will destroy a nation, any nation......

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif kilosierra

Yes, well done, but lets be sure these people that get convicted are not scapegoats for someone higher up.

I think it odd that a group of yokel farmers (with what sort of legal representation?) who conspired to defraud the government get probation; Governments do not usually take kindly when their coffers are pilfered.....unless there is someone higher up the chain and this is all for show. "Look! We got convictions! All the money was stolen by the likes of these farmers.".

You are probably correct, they are only at the bottom of the ant hill at this time... I would agree that most of the farmers would have no clue, if someone didn't put the ideal in their head, money is source of so many problems, corruption and greed will destroy a nation, any nation......

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif kilosierra

Did anyone ask if he gave a cut of his monstrous 11mn if he sent Yingluck a clip via cheque.

I hope you really intended "previous government", vs your use of "last government".

Last = prior to the current

Outstanding result. And nothing is better than swift action. But just the tip of the ice burg. More criminals will be making a play for the border after this result. clap2.gif

One or two more of these rice millers convicted will cause a bunch of people to suddenly develop very loose bowel movements for sure. Insomnia and heartburn patients will be on the rise. Will the real Slim Shady please stand up, please stand up. cheesy.gif

Right. giggle.gif

Yeah, we know PTP cheated everyone. Frickin' liege lords.

Not to mention the people who will be paying for it, in higher-taxes (to repay the loans) & a higher-price for their daily-rice, the entire country : 66.79 million ! blink.png

• Like 1

And what about the real corrupt masterminds? Will they ever get arrested,... the millers take all the blame on behalf of the TRUE rice pledging mafia big boss...

Give it time eh..............thumbsup.gif

.Where all these folk are going to be locked up could be a problem in the near future............whistling.gif

Haah, you wish,... you know how slow the process is,.... in amazing Thailand, where SAVING FACE closes a lot of doors to the outside world....

Yes very interesting if it is true, i was thinking the exact same as you that it was done very quickly. But would love to know for sure.

The governor of Chaiyaphum has instructed the Public Warehouse Organisation (PWO) to take urgent legal action against the rice miller who could be charged with embezzling.
Officials said documents carrying counterfeit signatures of PWO officials were produced to the authorities before the rice was transported from the warehouse.

http://www.mcot.net/site/content?id=51ca4063150ba0316f0003d7

Discussion on TVF - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/649244-nationwide-rice-stocks-to-be-inspected-for-missing-25m-tons-from-thai-govt-stockpiles/

But ok, even if the legal proceedings were initiated before the coup, the verdict was given post-coup. Might have taken ages

to sort and ruling would have been far more lenient under PTP government or in the chaotic political situation of the last few

months.

Note that there are other cases detailed in the article, hard to deny that there were ongoing corruption cases and irregularities

related to the rice scam. Not sure what PTP higher ups were thinking while trying to blatantly claim otherwise.

EDIT: apologies if messed up the quoted posts, seems there was some confusion about who said what.

Edited by Morch

Well, raise away, but the military government had nothing to do with it. (By the way, the military has warned against the use of "government" when referring to the junta. There isn't a government. You can be arrested for saying it, according to the oh-so-serious Col Winthai.)

Anyhow. The military regime had nothing to do with this case, which was brought by the late, now-deposed government, investigated by the police without military involvement, prosecuted by the OAG without JAG interference guidance, and decided by the independent, civilian court of the province. I suppose you could call it Yingluck's going-away present. Or not.

Unless you are claiming the military regime has suborned the courts? They might, but they haven't up to today.

Come on tingtongteesood, give praise where praise is due. You were raising your glass before you found out that the case was instigated under the previous government. We are all waiting with baited breath for your apology.

Under the Thai law it would be impossibble to arrest, prosecute, bring to trail and have a verdict in 17 days, well for that matter any country. They were also brought infront of a real court not a kangaroo one. For your version to be true the junta would have find out about the fraud, investigate the cases and bring it to court, follow court procedure and get a verdict in 17 days, 555555.

Just like every where else in the world, the big guys only get caught , when the little guys are willing to flip on them and testify against them

If more 20 year sentences are handed out, the little guys are going to start flipping ...

It's one thing to keep you mouth closed, when you know you may be rewarded for doing so and only facing probation or 1-5 years in jail

It's a completely different case, if you know you are realistically facing 20years hard time

Now for the next guy who is facing charges, they can point to this case and say to the little guy... Look what happened to him, do you really want to spend 20 years in prison to protect them?

I am guessing this guy, didn't flip because he didn't believe there was any real chance of a real sentence

Now others will know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just like every where else in the world, the big guys only get caught , when the little guys are willing to flip on them and testify against them

If more 20 year sentences are handed out, the little guys are going to start flipping ...

It's one thing to keep you mouth closed, when you know you may be rewarded for doing so and only facing probation or 1-5 years in jail

It's a completely different case, if you know you are realistically facing 20years hard time

Now for the next guy who is facing charges, they can point to this case and say to the little guy... Look what happened to him, do you really want to spend 20 years in prison to protect them?

I am guessing this guy, didn't flip because he didn't believe there was any real chance of a real sentence

Now others will know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't need 20 year sentence to get info and confessions.

Just pay. But do you really think there is going to be a trail from a rice storage in chaiyaphum all the way to Yingluck or the cabinet?

You are I think, going to be disappointed. This stuff in this story is small.beer and involves too many people. This type of story wont be connected to the big guys, and the evidence definitely won't implicate anyone big.

Under the Thai law it would be impossibble to arrest, prosecute, bring to trail and have a verdict in 17 days, well for that matter any country. They were also brought infront of a real court not a kangaroo one. For your version to be true the junta would have find out about the fraud, investigate the cases and bring it to court, follow court procedure and get a verdict in 17 days, 555555.

Thank you for clearing that up, so all the people who are delighted with this post should actually be praising the previous government for these convictions. HAHAHAHA.

PS Just for the record i am not biased when it comes to who runs Thailand, it's none of my business. I just love the place and it's people, long live the king wai2.gif.

These "Yokel" farmers as you call them were smart enough to see profit in the failed scheme wink.png

Anybody can make a profit in anything if they do things illegally. They weren't smart enough to not get caught, were they?

Not so quick. In my business we deal with a lot of fraud and a stunningly large percentage (not a majority by any means but a lot) actually lose money committing fraud.