Spicy Night Club

isaray74

I never had any problems over there. But I have not been to Spicy for quite a long time. I remember a curfew for drugs with urine test about 10 years ago, but only for khon Thai. So lucky me, never seen any fighting or so.

I never had any problems last year, looks like it's controlled by some gangs, if you don't walk out with a girl maybe they try rob you or stab you

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

not been for a year or so,but found it okay for a hour or so,pulled a few times but gone of the place never seen any trouble,seen more fights in yellow last few months,at least three very recently,think farangs getting a bit depressed or cheesed of with night life in cnx or lack of it,or to much ale in them.dont think spicy will be opening for a very long time especially with this curfew.

This happen just recently 2 nights ago Sunday night. I think it was just after 1am they closed. .. I'm not sure how they are getting away with it.

Spicy is owned and run by the police.

That's why it's so dangerous.

...but hasn't the "owner" just been moved to an inactive post? Things may change there pretty soon.

I remember it years before it first moved off to Chiang Mai Rd, then it was busy (after normal closing) and full of working girls, but was pretty safe. Could order the drinks, hand the runner a thousand and he would find you with the change. Never a favourite place of mine - like wearing velvet trousers when trekking through thickets - girls would try to snag you constantly (alone or not!) - once a mate and I pretended to be a gay male couple - made little difference! Those days it was Sparkles GoGo Bar (for the aircon and cheap beer) until closing, then off to Spicy for dancing - so much has changed!

AnotherOneAmerican, on 10 Jun 2014 - 16:38, said:AnotherOneAmerican, on 10 Jun 2014 - 16:38, said:

Spicy is owned and run by the police.

That's why it's so dangerous.

Nowadays the police are owned and run by the army......

Edited by Vacuum
  • Like 1

Too drunk to fight but capable of running a fair way, dodging pass him, out manoeuvring him and jumping into a tuktuk! Don't get me wrong that's what I would have done depending on how young and big he was, but I wouldn't pretend it was because I was too drunk.

Is Spicey still open during the curfew? I would have thought that since no-one goes there sober or before midnight then they are closed. Was this incident pre-curfew? Either way, a place that opens beyond legal operating hours, is a pick-up place for prostitutes , run by the local mafia would normally be danger spot anywhere else in the world, so why not here? Considering those facts, it is not as dangerous as it should be. I've been there a few times over the years and never had a problem, but I must admit that the last 4 or 5 times I've been there I've walked straight out again. Not my scene any more.

• Like 1

I could run, but was a struggle. If I hadn't had that much piss in me better reflexes I would have challenged him. Then again what if he pulled out a knife. I do have 2 daughters to think about. Long story not my idea to go there but if I had my chance I would bomb the joint with the crazy mafia in there. Definitely I would not recommend this place to anyone. Stay clear hope they go out of business

I could run, but was a struggle. If I hadn't had that much piss in me better reflexes I would have challenged him. Then again what if he pulled out a knife. I do have 2 daughters to think about. Long story not my idea to go there but if I had my chance I would bomb the joint with the crazy mafia in there. Definitely I would not recommend this place to anyone. Stay clear hope they go out of business

You don't need to explain yourself to me.

re

It is a great place to meet nice women looking to marry an older fellow.

i saw your girls sisters at an anime show at ksk in april 13

they were lovely :)

dave2

ps ... ive not been in spicys for years :(

im too old ... but i bought me a new galaxy note 3 yesterday :)

post-42592-0-46524800-1402413661_thumb.j

post-42592-0-03365800-1402413826_thumb.j

Yea, right.

As for Spicy`s, there have been several murders and deaths associated with that club over the years. The last being caused due to a fight between 2 bar girls I believe?

Edited by Lite Beer

• 8 months later...

Yea, right.

As for Spicy`s, there have been several murders and deaths associated with that club over the years. The last being caused due to a fight between 2 bar girls I believe?

Apologies for bringing up an old thread. Will be in town (Chiang Mai) next week and last time I was at Spicy was 2011 (come to think of it, that was the only time I was ever there), but on that particular memorable night -- which had a robust backstory of mild insanity -- I had a great time. Almost want to return to the scene for nostalgia sake.

Just curious if it's still open - if anyone has been there recently (?) and what their impression was. Current closing time?

gratzi...................