Junta cancels free flights of THAI board members

webfact

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under the new laws on censorship, expect to hear more news like this.

I have been bumped out of business class on Thai more than once and if you do not get them to issue you the right form it takes ages to get the refund.

It used to be that Thai management got free business class travel when they reached a certain level, MPs and Senators also got free First/Business class travel on Thai.

Under the new censorship rules I wonder if we can expect pics of a General travelling Economy soon?

• Like 2

So after all that you agree that I was right. I stated about 5 posts ago and tried to convince you which you now begrudgingly admit.

If you say so, Jamie.

Hi all. I am interested to know if they are broke or not too as I have tickets back to Australia to see my grand kids in 2 months time.

If they are broke I will have to change airlines.

wooloolooloo - Are they in fact broke as you have suggest ? I am very worried now.

So after all that you agree that I was right. I stated about 5 posts ago and tried to convince you which you now begrudgingly admit.

If you say so, Jamie.

Hi all. I am interested to know if they are broke or not too as I have tickets back to Australia to see my grand kids in 2 months time.

wooloolooloo - Are they in fact broke as you have suggest ? I am very worried now.

A rumor is born every minute.

I do not know why he said "If you say so, Jamie" so as to infer that I was wrong. I think he hates being proven wrong.

Don't worry Enid. Thai airways are NOT broke and it is business as usual. Your tickets will be honored.

Enjoy your trip to Australia.

They are not "broke". They recorded a loss in 2013 (and prior losses in 2011 after two years of profit)

They face a lot of pressures, one of which was the CEO who I think has been dumped recently.

They are facing increasing competition from LCCs (low cost carriers) and are diversifying their business. The new yellow Thai Smile uniforms are much more cute and refreshing. Thai Smile are now the brand for short-haul flights.

Airlines worldwide are facing the same pressures.

Thai Air going "broke" would be catastrophic, and is not going to happen. General Prayuth is just trimming some fat (lard)

Thank you for your detailed answer dear. It is much appreciated.

I read TVF for information on what is happening in my "adopted" country and seek the guidance of the forum members to provide accurate information.

Shame on some for spreading rumors.

Take care.

There are three Air Chief Marshals on the Board of Directors.................

...which somewhat undermines the red apologists' argument that he favours certain groups over others. He is clearly sweeping clean, and doesn't care who he upsets, since he has only the interests of the nation and its people at heart.

• Like 2

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Similar to this comment:

"The appointment of personnel at any state enterprise should consider only knowledgeable and capable individuals whose works are transparent and open for inspection," said Air Chief Marshal Prajin Juntong, the new regime's economic czar, who led the meeting. "They should promote good governance and strive to achieve Thailand's economic strength and stability."

"Fifty-six state enterprises were represented at the meeting, where their chiefs were told to summarize operations and identify any problems that needed urgent attention. They were ordered to submit work and investment plans for next year to the military's economic team by noon on Monday. The plans will be reviewed and submitted on Tuesday for final approval by the ruling military council."

So did the Air Chief Marshal submit a work and investment plan for Thai Air and PTT?

How much money is this going to save the economy? stopping Thai board members? It doesn't mention staff.

I wonder if the plans were approved by Tuesday by the military council? I think the staff at the state enterprises would be the ones that would be best at saving and making money?

I have been bumped out of business class on Thai more than once and if you do not get them to issue you the right form it takes ages to get the refund.

It used to be that Thai management got free business class travel when they reached a certain level, MPs and Senators also got free First/Business class travel on Thai.

Under the new censorship rules I wonder if we can expect pics of a General travelling Economy soon?

I see you're still smarting from the collapse of your hero's regime and unwilling to give the good General a thumbs up for any of the improvements that he is making, even though it's probably very clear to you that he is certainly making a few.

I just wonder how you manage to link 'censorship rules' to a shake up in Thailand's national carrier...?!

You need to let go of all the bitterness and start to recognise the General for what he is, the saviour of this otherwise doomed nation.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

zzzz....

• Like 1

Please Gen Prayuth, for the love of Mary, do not relinquish control back to the Shinawatras. All your good work will be undone in days. The good news just keeps on rolling in, something we have not seen since the dark day that Thaksin ascended to power. Hooray for Gen Prayuth!!

Agree, a quote from a Professor of International Politics for when elections are held in the future.

"To choose the Thaksin regime is to guarantee the death of democracy for Thailand's foreseeable future"

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-0529-thompson-thai-coup-20140529-story.html

You forgot something in your quote " a yellow Thai professor" but yes, if half story suits you better....

Ikke, I see you're another one who's having difficulty getting over your hero's downfall. The days of colours in Thailand are over, get used to it and sit back and watch the recovery of this nation...!!

• Like 2

When is he going to apologize for past army massacres and give back some of the money from the army's insane budget?

Do you actually read and consider what you write before you post it?

Mankind would never have moved out of their stone-age caves nor the mire of the Dark Ages if civilisation depended on your "model" of advancement.

Alas, your "model" appears to depend on never having your snout pulled from the trough, no matter the consequences.

Shameful trolling at its worst

Please Gen Prayuth, for the love of Mary, do not relinquish control back to the Shinawatras. All your good work will be undone in days. The good news just keeps on rolling in, something we have not seen since the dark day that Thaksin ascended to power. Hooray for Gen Prayuth!!

When no other news is allowed it kind of makes it easier rolleyes.gif

Last time the Junta was in power their first real economic policy was drastic foreign capital control, the stock market tanked 15% in one day and they had to backtrack, they also wanted stronger limits on foreign investment in businesses before abandoning the idea under pressure.

Let's see how they do with real policies (when they come) rather then the symbolic PR stuff with pravda style reporting we've been seeing until now.

• Like 1

Shame on some for spreading rumors.

Thai Airways are broke but as they're a national carrier you'll be fine, and just as well. No rumour mongering at all. Read the news if you are in any doubt as to the dire financial crisis that Thai Airways is in.

Your tickets will almost certainly be honoured.

General P is actually addressing the dire consequences that this is having on the coffers. No one else addressed it. Good on him and the Junta.

If the good general was a woman, I would marry her. He keeps ticking all the right boxes. If only we could do something like this back home in the states.

For me his top priority should be bringing back the man from Dubai to attend a hanging.

thaksin_extradite1.jpg?w=500

Edited by BillyBobThai

Nope. Still don't see it.

Surprise Factor: Zero

I'd ask you to elaborate if it wouldn't be deleted for being off topic, but I'm actually curious as to what you meant. Implicit in your response to bkkgooner seems to be the idea that military coups are crucial to development and progress, which is a rather counterintuitive idea on the face of it, but I suppose not untypical of someone who has absorbed a "Thai" view of history - or at least the version of history Thais are generally taught.

Anyway, the junta's economic czar ACM Prajin Juntong, has been chairman of Thai since March. I'm sure he would've sorted it all out regardless of whether the coup happened or not.

My last experince on Thai was like being on a Thai tour bus and being served a box lunch. Now one of the worst for International travel. Paid very high prices and got discount airline quality. Thai needs a complete remake of how they present their brand.

Thai used to be a quality carrier. Thanks for the memory Thai. Too bad it is only a memory and nothing like what they now offer.

I wonder if 7-11 is now preparing the meals for Thai?

Spot on!

100,0% correct.

Incidentally in a past life I worked for an airline....

Not only Board members but ALL personnel could fly for free anywhere. So how did the airline not go bankrupt?

Free ticket holders use empty seats (including on Thai) pay a per mile fee that covers the cost of fuel, they also pay a fee depending on class for meals and airport tax is also paid by the passengers. Cost is nothing to the company sometimes they even make a small profit. Now it will just go under business expense and be refunded 100%.

But hey even if it is counter productive it will have the cheerleaders here clapping our dear leaders.

• Like 1

I'd ask you to elaborate if it wouldn't be deleted for being off topic, but I'm actually curious as to what you meant. Implicit in your response to bkkgooner seems to be the idea that military coups are crucial to development and progress, which is a rather counterintuitive idea on the face of it, but I suppose not untypical of someone who has absorbed a "Thai" view of history - or at least the version of history Thais are generally taught.

Anyway, the junta's economic czar ACM Prajin Juntong, has been chairman of Thai since March. I'm sure he would've sorted it all out regardless of whether the coup happened or not.

Oh what complete and utter rot. 'Gooners post dictates that progress cannot be made without righting all wrongs from past history. A pointless and mischievous position. The fact that you refuse to acknowledge this is reason for the lack of surprise. The fact that you go on to conflate this position with a logical fallacy is further evidence of your apparent dimwitedness and/or malevolent intention.

The writing was on the wall for a long time. Your position was always untenable. It wasnt a question of 'if' it was a question of 'when'. Nothing you can do or say now will change history. History has changed. Your squeals are irrelevant now. Thailand has taken a giant leap for the better. The pigs left squealing are merely an echo to an unfortunate past.

Adapt or die. History will judge you harshly.

• Like 2

This chap has got more populist policies that Thaksin. And dont mistake it, thats all they are, so those of you behaving like teenage cheerleaders, hoorahing and pissing your frilly pants, please wait until you have seen the full deck of what happens in the next couple of years before trying to rub peoples noses in this wonderful governance...not

• Like 2

Free ticket holders use empty seats

Oh what complete and utter bullshit. Thai Air seats are more often sold out than not - at least up until your amnesty attempt. Many flights were impossible to get a seat unless you were sure to book a few days beforehand on popular routes and times.

Empty seats my ass. If they were taking empty seats they would have taken them on standby within 1 hr of departure. You, sir, are a liar.

Um, this story has nothing to do with the Shinawatras. The whole THAI board is definitively yellow...

Um, DUH!