My wife abandoned me and our child, can I take him aboard?

paulsh

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

love her still?

ok fine,

she doesnt love you

how much pain are you willing to endure,

and how much suffering must the child endure?

love,
in thailand, that is not required

What is your recommendation then?

Yes she doesn't love me anymore, but she did in the past, so there are chances that I can win her heart back...

Should I keep believing and try to get her back? or should I forget her and move forward with my life? My choice is to not give up.

I applaud your position...yet...reality must set in at some point in time...so that the healing can begin...so you can find love again...for you AND your child...the right woman...can help you and your child build a happy and complete home environment...good luck...

Firstly, if the child has a valid up to date passport from your home country and your wife does not have legal custody of the child, then you can legally take the child back to the home country or anywhere within the EEC with no questions asked.

Next, once back in your home country, hire the services of a reputable lawyer, immediately file for divorce and file a claim for full custody rights over the child on the grounds of your alleged desertion by the mother.

It is possible that your wife may crawl out of the woodwork in the future making claims on any assets, property, liquid assets, demanding child support and alimony etc using the legal system in your home country and there is nothing you can do to stop her making such legal claims on the grounds that she is your wife or even common law wife and her right as the mother of your child. As regarding her alleged abandonment of you and your child, perhaps she had good reasons for her actions and who is at fault must be determined by a court of law.

The bottom line is; first seek the advice of a lawyer in your own country and then you will have to go through the legal process of finalising everything between you and your wife and whatever the court decides is in the best interests of the child. You have no ways of avoiding this without the corporation and full agreement of your wife to lay no claims on you and the child in the future.

If you still love your wife and want her back this still changes nothing. She has the option to divorce her husband at any point during the marriage just on the grounds that she no longer wishes to remain with her partner and if there are children involved, in 99.99% of cases, she gets the family home and the kids, even if there is a new partner on the scene, plus child support and alimony. The woman gets paid even if she is the partner that dissolved the marriage and still gets paid even if the male partner and her don't legally marry.

So fasten your seatbelt, it maybe a rough ride ahead.

It maybe the law,but how many Thai blokes pay maintanence,very few i would suggest.It was the same in the west until they started cutting straight from payroll.

love her still?

ok fine,

she doesnt love you

love,

Before the Phd's here start espousing their hypotheses and conclusions why isn't emotional and intellectual underdevelopment/ immaturity considered? many many adult thai women have minds of children or even less.... critical thinking deficit emotion and drama. why is not prudent to give her time and see what happens? just protect yourself in the meanwhile.

" many many adult thai women have minds of children or even less.... critical thinking deficit emotion and drama."

Hmmm... you trash others for their "hypotheses", sarcastically calling them "PhDs", then come up with a line like this? What cereal box did you get your PhD from ?

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

love her still?

ok fine,

she doesnt love you

love,

What is your recommendation then?

Yes she doesn't love me anymore, but she did in the past, so there are chances that I can win her heart back...

Should I keep believing and try to get her back? or should I forget her and move forward with my life? My choice is to not give up.

I have been where you are now, she will be back when her wallet is empty and don't have anything to pawnshop or sell. Then after a few months when you buy her a new car, Iphone and gold she will leave you again. Don't ever take her back, she don't love you but your money, if you don't have any money that's the reason why she left you.

• Like 2

1 post removed.

Enough of the nonsense that (Thai) woman are only interested in money.

They love gold and diamonds as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If the child is travelling on an EU passport - with same nationality as you and same surname as you, it will be fine, unless she's reported the child as abducted by you to the police, which it doesn't sound like in this case.

One thing - if you're in Thailand for a while, it may be worthwhile checking with a decent lawyer on divorcing while in Thailand. It would sort out the issue of custody, and let you apply as sole responsible parent for the child's Thai passport while abroad. (Not being in a housebook complicates matters for getting a Thai passport while in Thailand).

Also I believe Thailand only has child-support, and not alimony.