The Wind of Changes regarding outdated Thai bike laws?

Shurup

Yeah this is absolutely the wrong time.

But if you're serious about it, make friends with Thai biker groups and have them help you get this done. Whinge-ing foreigners are rightfully ignored but Thais with expensive big bikes might have connections in the right places to actually get something like this done... eventually. To put it another way without Thai support there's a snowball's chance in hell for this to happen.

We would all of course love to see some changes to the traffic rules with regards to motorcyclists. But having lived in Thailand now for an extended period of time and having observed how inconsistent the Thais are in every aspect of life, I doubt very much if any significant changes would be forthcoming in my lifetime.

My main observations have been that the Thais have their own sense of logic which they themselves do not even know. In other words, logic is too abstract a concept for them to grasp. Logic is an invention of the first world, borne out of necessity to have structure and order in their lives. Thais do not live by the same precept so logic (as westerners know it) is not necessary and does not have a place in their lives.

I doubt this makes sense to anyone but myself but after sufficient black sodas, makes perfect sense to me

sorry and no offence intended ..............you are taking absolute nonesense

We would all of course love to see some changes to the traffic rules with regards to motorcyclists. But having lived in Thailand now for an extended period of time and having observed how inconsistent the Thais are in every aspect of life, I doubt very much if any significant changes would be forthcoming in my lifetime.

My main observations have been that the Thais have their own sense of logic which they themselves do not even know. In other words, logic is too abstract a concept for them to grasp. Logic is an invention of the first world, borne out of necessity to have structure and order in their lives. Thais do not live by the same precept so logic (as westerners know it) is not necessary and does not have a place in their lives.

I doubt this makes sense to anyone but myself but after sufficient black sodas, makes perfect sense to me

sorry and no offence intended ..............you are taking absolute nonesense

IMO G-man makes a lot of sense.

... ' course I'm a dumb-ass.

I would actually prefer a petition to wrestle the control of traffic lights away from the police and give traffic management to BMA so they can develop a real traffic management dept. to improve traffic flow and end the senseless waste of time/money.

• Like 2

The elevated railway system being built is going to be a massive help for many roads when it gets going in 2 or so years. The jams the trains cause at rush hours are out of a science fiction movie. Change that to constant free flowing traffic along those roads except when a truck takes down a pedestrian bridge and the change will be noticeable.