where is the schweppes manao lime soda?

solunamor

for more than a month, i cannot buy my favorite drink anywhere. i checked 10 stores. villa market staff told me they ordered it, but schweppes in bkk has "no product to ship". i tried to contact schweppes, but there is no website for thailand (only europe). frankly i am a schweppes manao addict and i NEED it soon. help!

all the stores are full of 99 kinds of soft drinks...but not the only one i want to buy.

did schweppes stop production? if so, is it temporary of forever? any explanations or news or insights?

Also one of my favorites. I checked Lotus and two 7-11s yesterday and they had none. I did find a few cans at a mom and pop shop, bought them all, and am enjoying one right now. licklips.gif.pagespeed.ce.v-hsVd-Wpu.gif

Also one of my favorites. I checked Lotus and two 7-11s yesterday and they had none. I did find a few cans at a mom and pop shop, bought them all, and am enjoying one right now. licklips.gif.pagespeed.ce.v-hsVd-Wpu.gif

"How to make friends and get respect in Shot's way" :D

I tried to add salt to the injury by trying to find an picture of someone pouring the very soda to the ground. Failed to find one. Instead this TV Hua Hin thread came on top of Google search.

People are desperately trying to find the soda. On the positive side, there was information how to make the soda in home.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/724375-no-more-green-cans-of-schweppes-soda-manao/

My local mom and pop has a new batch, as well as a place I frequent in Karon had some. Last week neither place had any, so new stocks are in town.

Mom and pop shops likely get their stock from the Super Cheap, which might be the best place to look for the sodas?

Try this Indian recipe and you'll never go back to the Schweppes version.

Squeeze one manow into a tall glass full of ice. Add some sugar syrup. Pour in some Singha soda. Now the important bit.

Add a sprinkling of salt to taste.

Authentic Nimbu Pani. Yum.

Edited by KarenBravo

Had the same problem in the sticks.

Places that would sell single cans, all of a sudden would run out of them almost at the same time, so went to the big Tesco Lotus (not a the small Lotus Express), and found them again, but they would only sell them in a pack of 6 cans.

Otherways, just buy some Bicarbonate of Soda (look in the shelf where they sell flour and all the pastry ingredients, it just cost around 15 bahts for load of it), then buy some lemons/limes of your choice, or just some Citric Acid which is the "main ingredient" of your lemons/limes, add some water,sugar, whatever else to suit your own taste and you have an even better drink right there.....and cheaper!

thanks for all the responses except for the useless irrelevant one from hkt83100.

now the specific Q is: where to buy Schw manao here in phuket today?

(i dont want to make my own, but i will keep these recipes for extreme contingencies....)

i have seen a new drink on the shelf of the Tesco Lotus Express a few days ago, i gave it a try and it just taste as a watered Schweppes lime you are looking for, the name is "Kickapoo".