Yorkies pies

worgeordie

Has anyone bought any pies,pork,steak kidney etc, from Yorkies ,

could you please advise the retail prices in Pattaya ?, as up here

in Chiang Mai they seem expensive at 135 bht,may order some

direct if they are cheaper.thanks

regards Worgeordie

I have seen them in Villa Market about 90 baht. I am not too keen, think the pastry is too hard.

Their best product is the loin bacon, terrific value at 70/75 baht a pack.

Check out their website, just google yorkies pattaya.

Thanks lads, will go to website and put an order in,

plenty room in the freezer,and will save a bit money,

just hope it does not mean i will eat more having them

to hand !

regards worgeordie

I buy Yorkies Cumberland sausages from time to time and they're currently priced at about THB 260 for seven from Rimping, that's nearly £0.70 a sausage! Part of the problem is Rimpings markup, the other part is that Yorkies downsized their product from eight to seven sausages per pack so it looks like everyone is getting greedy - heads up Rimpinjg/Yorkies, those products have a value and a worth and whilst they're good from time to time, they're only worth so much!

• Like 1

I buy Yorkies Cumberland sausages from time to time and they're currently priced at about THB 260 for seven from Rimping, that's nearly £0.70 a sausage! Part of the problem is Rimpings markup, the other part is that Yorkies downsized their product from eight to seven sausages per pack so it looks like everyone is getting greedy - heads up Rimpinjg/Yorkies, those products have a value and a worth and whilst they're good from time to time, they're only worth so much!

Re; pricing,of Yorkie's products as well as many other imported & luxury foods around Pattaya, your comment sums things up well.

• Like 1

There are better choices around at better prices.

Oh here we go, you just knew it was coming.

You have a problem with that ?

After paying 70 Baht for a poor quality Scotch egg, and probably more for a tasteless pork pie, I will not be buying Yorkies products again.

You will not be disappointed when you move.

There are better choices around at better prices.

Oh here we go, you just knew it was coming.

You have a problem with that ?

After paying 70 Baht for a poor quality Scotch egg, and probably more for a tasteless pork pie, I will not be buying Yorkies products again.

You will not be disappointed when you move.

Oh dear.

Btw, I think a few others are waiting on the better options that you seemed to suggest earlier?

So to summarize: you're living in Thailand because you love the diversity and flavors of Thai cuisine? biggrin.png

In between the pies, yes CM smile.png

Like most expats I eat more Thai food than western - and some interesting fusions - but it is nice to have a 'taste from home' from time to time. It is now possible to get good quality western food as opposed to poor substitutes when I first came here.

Subject of previous, and maybe future, posts but I think Thai food is generally over-rated.

I agree,after being here for so long one understands that the majority of Thai food while in abundance and extremely cheap is usually pretty poor,the quality of meat etc can at times be in edible,dishes are often full of fat, grizzle and who knows what.

I just made a 6 hour round trip to stock up on some decent Australian steaks.

30 baht meals are just that.

I'm off to eat a Pukka pie.

• Like 2

Must be plenty of preservatives in these pies, I have seen them in Foodmart Jomtien with 3 week shelve life marked on them, this as well as being stored in an open chiller, they barley feel cool to the touch.

So if you see one that says an expiry in 5 days, its already been in the chiller more than 2 weeks

Jip - Good answer, fair play.

How did your move up Norf work out? Do you miss Pattaya at all?

Cheers.

I had my time in Pattaya - a year or so - and enjoyed living on the Dark Side. Pattaya has facilities we can only dream of in the sticks and I go back for a few days ever 3 months or so.

Isaan is not for everyone but I wanted to try a life outside of the artificiality of Pattaya (not everyone sees it that way, I fully appreciate each to their own).

After running a business for 3 years I now enjoy the tranquility of the countryside (NOT a village) with occasional excursions to Pattaya, Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Pakse, Phuket, Krabi, Kanchanaburi, Siem Reap, Sihanoukville plus Bali, Hong Kong and Langkawi. Everyone needs a change of scenery sometime smile.png .

Jip - Good answer, fair play.

How did your move up Norf work out? Do you miss Pattaya at all?

Cheers.

I had my time in Pattaya - a year or so - and enjoyed living on the Dark Side. Pattaya has facilities we can only dream of in the sticks and I go back for a few days ever 3 months or so.

Isaan is not for everyone but I wanted to try a life outside of the artificiality of Pattaya (not everyone sees it that way, I fully appreciate each to their own).

After running a business for 3 years I now enjoy the tranquility of the countryside (NOT a village) with occasional excursions to Pattaya, Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Pakse, Phuket, Krabi, Kanchanaburi, Siem Reap, Sihanoukville plus Bali, Hong Kong and Langkawi. Everyone needs a change of scenery sometime smile.png .

As you say each to his own ,but after a couple of days up north ,i tend to be climbing the walls with boredom

So to summarize: you're living in Thailand because you love the diversity and flavors of Thai cuisine? biggrin.png

Indeed a chap can become 'rice logged' after a while and needs some cholesterol based sustenance once in a while which doesn't leave him having to spend 40 minutes on the bog the following day and suffering from a 'ring of fire'.

The timing of this thread is dreadful. I was in Patts for a few days last week and hardly spend a bean. I'd have gone here and filled my boots....ah well, next time....

Just loved the Yorkies Stand Pies (pork) as well as their meat and potato pies and used to buy them at Villa Market (Chalong, Phuket), but they haven't stocked them in near on a year now!

Did contact Yorkies direct and they said that they were "in discussions with Villa Market" re the supply to Chalong however nothing has eventuated.

I did consider ordering direct from Yorkies but know full well that if I stocked my fridge/freezer up with them I'd be into them far too much as I have the willpower of a tame rabbit as far as the Stand Pies are concerned.

I will give Yorkies a Thumbs Up. They are on my doorstep too - so that helps if I crave some stodgey UK Food - which I'm sure all ex.pats do crave some home style food from time to time. I like their Pork Sausages too - very good for BBQ !