Immigration Police to deport four international fraudsters caught in Thailand

Jonathan Fairfield

Immigration Police to deport four international fraudsters caught in Thailand

Immigration+Police+to+deport+four+intern

BANGKOK:-- The Immigration Bureau is to deport four foreign nationals arrested in connection with four separate cases of fraud.

Pol.Lt.Gen. Sakda Chuenpakdee, Acting Commander of Office of Immigration has released details of four cases brought against foreign nationals who have now been arrested, having previously fled to Thailand after committing a crime in other countries.

The first case involves Mr. Cheng Cao Earn, a Taiwanese national, who has a warrant issued by a Taiwanese court where his accused of fraud. He was arrested in the village of Soi Ladprao 101.

Mr. Cheng persuaded victims to invest in his internet gambling company in Hong Kong, claiming that the investment would bring excellent profit in return. After his unsuspecting victims to invest, he fled to Thailand will approximately 300 million Taiwan dollars or about 325 million Baht.

Case 2:

Immigration officers have received a request from the Embassy of South Korea in Thailand to arrest Mr. Lee Jung Han, a South Korean national, who is wanted by Court of South Korea and Interpol for charges of fraud. He was arrested at a condominium in Soi Sukhumvit 11.

The accused swindled victims to invest in a house rental scheme in England. He received more than 31 million Won or approx. 1 Million Baht from his victims before fleeing to Thailand after a court issued the arrest warrant in 2013.

Case 3:

Mr. Mohammed Sahanoor Aslam, a Bangladeshi national was arrested in possesion of a forge stamp from Chachoengsao Immigration Office and receipt of the fee from the Royal Thai Police.

The suspect was arrested at a restaurant on Sukhumvit Soi 11. Moreover, 4 of his associates, also Bangladeshi nationals, were also arrested for working in Thailand without work permit.

Case 4:

The immigration police received a request from the Embassy of the Russian Federation in Thailand to arrest Mr. Mikhail Iphimof, a Russian national who is wanted by Interpol for charges of fraud.

Mikhail Iphimof convinced victims that he was an owner of a land and sold many plots of land to those victims. He earned around 10,000 USD or approx. 300,000 Baht before escaping to Thailand.

In all four cases, the individuals concerned have had their visas revoked by the Immigration Police and will be blacklisted and deported out of the Thai Kingdom.

Call 1178, if you see or know any international criminals residing in Thailand.

Source: Obe TV5

• Like 2

Obviously this is not deportation.... It is extradition.

Completely different.

Not all wrong.

One of them, case no 3 who committed a crime in Thailand, is deported.

The others, fugitives with international warrants, are extradited. coffee1.gif

Edited by JoeLing

Completely different.

Not all wrong.

I was about to ask the same ! Any number available for Thais ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Would be interesting if Dubai sent a particular Thai swindler back to Thailand.

Oh, but that couldn't happen, the Thai man is filthy rich. Money talks.

The person of interest now resides in either H.K. or mainland China.

Ok 2 larger frauds worth bothering with and 2 p!ssants who swindled less than a bargirl would with sick buffalo stories.

Does Thailand need more piss ants

No, but I somehow doubt these are the largest farang criminals they could rustle up. Start at the top and get round to the low level scumbags when you are done.

• Like 1

Completely different.

No it is deportation. The simple way that is used now to sidestep the court processes required for extradition. They just cancel the visa or permission to stay and then arrest them for not having permision to stay.

Mikhail Iphimof convinced victims that he was an owner of a land and sold many plots of land to those victims. He earned around 10,000 USD or approx. 300,000 Baht before escaping to Thailand.

I'm surprised that Mr Mikhail could even pay for his ticket to Thailand after such a big scale fraud laugh.png

and he didn't get the free been there done that "T" Shirt either.

• Like 1

Completely different.

Not all wrong.

I was about to ask the same ! Any number available for Thais ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Well, if you're Thai and committed a crime abroad, you might be deported to Thailand.

If you're Thai, living abroad and have been convicted of a crime in Thailand,

then you you're pretty safe and don't have to worry about extradition. w00t.gif

But if you're a foreigner, conceived to have committed a crime at home,

your're pretty safe from extradition or deportation but there might be

a slight chance of extrajudicial rendition to Thailand. giggle.gif

Edited by JoeLing

'Call 1178 if you see or know any international criminals residing in Thailand.'

Is there a number for Thai criminals too?

Yea, I think it's; '02 mai pen rai'

Or ask Mr Chaleum, next time you're over at his house for a case of whiskey. He's often claimed he personally knows the big criminal bosses in Thailand. Oh sorry, almost forgot, he's not going to tell you their names, only the first letter of their Thai spellings.

Completely different.

This is a very dumb statement "Obviously this is not extradition it is deportation Get is strait BUB

The Thais don't want extradition in these cases Its too involved and involves the courts. This way they don't have to spend much money.

The have revoked their visa's and are deporting then back to their native countries. This way no court action.

Read what the story says not what your brain thinks

I love these yellow T-shirts, "prisoner of immigration police, <phone number>".

The first such stunt I have seen of the new acting chief of immigration (predecessor removed by the junta).

ศักดา ชื่นภักดี, Sakda Chuenphakdi

10419063_535244026581750_336351650494070

Edited by KhunBENQ

So this is where the international criminals and crooks come for their holidays Thailand, why do they not just arrest them at the airport on the day of arrival rather than having them here as residents I am sure that the international arrest warrants would sound alarm bells and flag up when their passports or pictures are scanned at immigration and don’t let them spend any time in Thailand as it does not do Thailand’s highly respected international reputation any good having criminals being allowed to spend time relaxing on the beach spending their ill-gotten gains and thinking up new scams how to rob us of our hard earned money.

I'm surprised that Mr Mikhail could even pay for his ticket to Thailand after such a big scale fraud laugh.png

More likely it was 10,000 $ per plot ? How many plots were sold ?

Reports are often short on the facts and things get lost in translation, Russian-Thai-English = headache.

Edited by attento

Arresting criminals in Thailand, is like handing out speeding tickets at the Moto GP

It's always amazing how many embassies, usually not from Asian countries, have to ask the Thai police to arrest and deport/extradite criminals from farang land who were to stand trial or had been convicted or, in some cases,had been incarcerated but slipped through the fingers of the First World Magnificent Farang Police Forces and the Technologically Superb Farang Immigrations Service (FWMFPF/TSFIS). A lot of farang police and immigrations officers must be dozing on the job.

To be fair, they may simply be exhausted from maintaining law and order in farang land and are forced to prioritize their efforts to deal with the really serious crime.

Six years ago, an Oxford student named Sam Brown asked a mounted police officer a question: “Excuse me, do you realize your horse is gay?” Brown was arrested for making homophobic remarks. He refused to pay the fine and the prosecution dropped the case. The following year a 16-year old from Newcastle was charged under the same Public Order law, for saying “woof” to a dog in front of police officers.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/01/16/you-may-now-call-a-police-horse-gay-in-the-u-k/

Assuming either of these hardened criminals ever escape British justice by fleeing to Thailand, we know the Thai police are ready to help if asked.

Edited by Suradit69

well done ......but when are we going to see the faces of all the thais who runned this country before and are involved in cases of fraud.

is it a secret than can not be said ? i think it is more important for the future of thailand today than a few foreigners who are going to be send back to their country.

coffee1.gif

Completely different.

Perhaps, but the result is that the criminals are being sent away to answer for their crimes.

Well worth the incorrect wording in IMO. Good job to all concerned!

• Like 2

well done ......but when are we going to see the faces of all the thais who runned this country before and are involved in cases of fraud.

is it a secret than can not be said ? i think it is more important for the future of thailand today than a few foreigners who are going to be send back to their country.

coffee1.gif

I patiently wait for the same. One step at a time.