Bangkok: Wellknown ex-model Yooyee jailed 15 years for cocaine possession

webfact

'During the trial, Yooyee defended that the drug was meant for self consumption and not for sale. However, the court rejected her defence .......'

so the court though that she may have been going to sell one quarter of one gram of cocaine!!!!!!!

No, that the 251gram(!) were for her consumption, what still does make sense, as addicts use several grams a day, when they can afford it... Guess she didn't have the right friends/circles to protect her, not at the top anymore and getting older you see...

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I welcome the courts. People are now hunted down in the Northeast for drug dealings. Looks to me the military that took over is getting serious in busting the dealers.

I am sure in the near feature we will see capital punishments for some big dealers.

1/4KG would have given that ex model a death sentence in Singapore, Vietnam, Indonesia and Malaysia.

...when not knowing the right people! Or do you seriously think there's no coke used in the 'higher circles' of those countries?

either way, she admitted to take which means she has contact to dealers. She will have a lot to sing to reduce her sentence.

I'm almost certain that hundreds of package were flushed down the toilets after they heard about this.

here's also a link for those who take medication with Narcotic Drugs/Psychotropic Substances into/out of Thailand. Quite detailed. Better head it everyone who falls under this category.

http://narcotic.fda.moph.go.th/faq/upload/guidance%20for%20travelers%20version%204.doc._e1a4.pdf

Edited by wealth

Ridiculous you don’t even get that for murdering 10 people on an expressway with no licence or insurance….or murdering hundreds in an unlicensed noodle soup shop called Santika

Idiotic Thailand as per usualsick.gif.pagespeed.ce.tVTSNn-2vr.png

"Ridiculous you don’t even get that for murdering 10 people on an expressway..."

Could you remind us which incident you're referring to, 10 people murdered? There was a traffic accident that had a similar outcome, but I'm pretty sure there was no murder.

This couldn't be an idiotic post, as per usual?

I think he was referring to the teenage rich kid named "Praewa" who crashed her car into a van filled with "nine" people on December 27th, 2010. Right?

But still, that was manslaughter not murder.

And do you remember the ridiculous sentence too mister wise guy, for killing nine (when under influence it is not 'accidental', OK?)?

Priorities. A reflection on why the place has many issues; and ones that don't go away, wasting time & energy on the small time things.

She should have been in the RED BULL family lineage. Then she could get piss drunk, speed, murder, run ways, lie and set up her driver while she's at it.

...And you forgot the cocaine, which was (still) found in his (delayed) samples, but, according to the friendly police (huh?), must have been inside in the cough syrup, whether the little 'boss' had a sour troath wasn't part of the investigation...

15 yrs for 250 milligrams of personal devils dandruff??? What the heck do they do to those caught trafficking millions of yabaa pills?

millions of yabaa pills = Life sentence or Death penalty...although the death penalty hasn't been carried out in a few years i think, i'm not 100% sure though.

You mean for the guy driving the pick-up truck, do you? As I can't remember any producer or main dealer being caught or sentenced, too high up, too well protected, I 'guess'... Hush, TiT!

In a country where the law sees that you can get a death sentence for drug related crimes 15 years feels quite reasonable... Ok i know that the death sentence haven't been imposed sins 2004 but it's still there in the law!

If you are using or smuggling drugs is South East Asia then you must have a death wish as Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam all have death sentence as the harshest punishment for drug related crimes!

And in almighty US... up to 20 years and up to $1million for first time offenders (smuggling) if it's less than 500g cut or 28g uncut cocaine over that it's up to 40 years imprisonment and $25million in fine!

If it really is 250 milligrams then it's a harsh sentence but I guess that this might be a part of showing that it's big cleaning day with the new bosses!

Inappropriate sentencing for minor crimes...is a worldwide dilemma...there is no filter for a judges' subjective sentences...don't think that only Thailand's judges seem to be clueless...heartless...and out of touch with reality...don't even get me started with the laws and judgments meted out by Muslim countries...

Well let me get you started...... what particular judgements are you not happy with. Are you unhappy at corp. and capitol punishment or the overall dissonance between your expectations and reality.

Maybe you are unhappy to find that in the extremes stoning as a penalty is far from what most people imagine a stoning to be. Take it from me, not so many rocks being thrown as large rocks being dropped.

So yeah... and for extra fun, mandatory custodial punishments?

Bangkok Post says 251 grammes of cocaine.

I had not read the article on the bangkok post but i suspected as much. I mean a quarter of a gram is totally different then 250 grams. It still is not much but its a lot more. That was why i asked in my previous post if it was not 250 grams.

I could not imagine them being this crazy hare even here and has een bad reporting here before.

I know of someone who served 5 years some years back for having 2 joints here.

When it comes to drugs there has been an extreme sentence handed down in most cases.

what bugs me is the lack of equal sentencing for murder, fraud, theft, child abuse etc and all manner of other crimes we see being let off virtually unpunished.

I agree with you for the rest, but where I stay I see (and smelled, no, no clove cigarettes) many people in 'better' places quite openly smoking a few joints... But isn't cannabis an overrated danger here, compared to the wide array of extreme drugs in tablets, powders and liquids offered to the youth in (all?) clubs, disco's, and (full moon?) parties? Of course there are no statistics about the number of young tourists coming here for whom it is a main attraction point...

What I cant understand is why people want to do drugs.

Are their lives so shallow, so hopeless that they cant get anything out of life without drugging themselves ?

Or do they think somehow they cant have a good time without being drugged ?

And I don't understand why people insist on commenting about things they have no idea about.

Get yourself a proper opinion. Inform yourself. Stop regurgitating what the media and society brainwashed you into "thinking".

There are as many reasons to take drugs as there are users.

Yes, cases include shallow lives and lack of fun. And other cases many more that you have no idea of but condemn in your ignorance.

Also, "to do drugs" doesn't mean anything. All drugs have very different effects. If you're taking coffee or alcohol, you're absolutely not doing the same thing.

By the way, I don't drink. Do you? Damn! What a pitiful life you must have if you can't have fun without being drunk. You obviously must be put in jail.

Also, since you're probably wondering, I'm not trying to defend any personal regular drug use here. I don't even drink coffee, but I try to inform myself and understand others' behaviours before looking down on them.

"He likes to run? Damn! His life must be pathetic if he needs to run to feel complete. I don't need to run. I heard that endorphins are addictive too. What a loser. My life is so much better. I will never try running, it may make me disagree with the pseudo-ideas my brain was forced-fed with."

Back to basics please. Who controls, produces, processes, imports, wholesales, deals big, protects, ...? Who would believe 'the people who should know' do not know very well, the organisations, the names, the links, et al, but, but, 'no case', out of reach, even for the toughest of them, too high, too powerfull, ...too dangerous, for themselves, and for their loved ones! Will the changes and reforms be allowed to even lightly scratch the armoured skin of those beasts, I hope so, but I'm an idealist...

I had not read the article on the bangkok post but i suspected as much. I mean a quarter of a gram is totally different then 250 grams. It still is not much but its a lot more. That was why i asked in my previous post if it was not 250 grams.

I could not imagine them being this crazy hare even here and has een bad reporting here before.

When it comes to drugs there has been an extreme sentence handed down in most cases.

what bugs me is the lack of equal sentencing for murder, fraud, theft, child abuse etc and all manner of other crimes we see being let off virtually unpunished.

I agree with you for the rest, but where I stay I see (and smelled, no, no clove cigarettes) many people in 'better' places quite openly smoking a few joints... But isn't cannabis an overrated danger here, compared to the wide array of extreme drugs in tablets, powders and liquids offered to the youth in (all?) clubs, disco's, and (full moon?) parties? Of course there are no statistics about the number of young tourists coming here for whom it is a main attraction point...

Its not an overrated danger no. Thailand does not differentiate from drug to drug in court. I have lost count of the number of people ive warned and know of many who wished they hadnt ever had that smoke, im not saying I agree with the flat view taken on drugs but it is indeed that.

Put it this way, its illegal like many things that arnt policed properly .. until they do, when they wish to they crack down and people on the old wacky baccy find themselves in a whole lot of problems..... simply put imo it really isnt worth the risk here doing years for a few joints... better to just have a few drinks and stay free ...much safer places to go if thats the inclination than Thailand

Are their lives so shallow, so hopeless that they cant get anything out of life without drugging themselves ?

And I don't understand why people insist on commenting about things they have no idea about.

Get yourself a proper opinion. Inform yourself. Stop regurgitating what the media and society brainwashed you into "thinking".

Yes, cases include shallow lives and lack of fun. And other cases many more that you have no idea of but condemn in your ignorance.

Also, "to do drugs" doesn't mean anything. All drugs have very different effects. If you're taking coffee or alcohol, you're absolutely not doing the same thing.

By the way, I don't drink. Do you? Damn! What a pitiful life you must have if you can't have fun without being drunk. You obviously must be put in jail.

Also, since you're probably wondering, I'm not trying to defend any personal regular drug use here. I don't even drink coffee, but I try to inform myself and understand others' behaviours before looking down on them.

"He likes to run? Damn! His life must be pathetic if he needs to run to feel complete. I don't need to run. I heard that endorphins are addictive too. What a loser. My life is so much better. I will never try running, it may make me disagree with the pseudo-ideas my brain was forced-fed with."

I don't understand hardly one word of whatever you were trying to communicate.

Drugs are dangerous. Don't believe me? Fine.

Ask Yooyee.

Wellknown ex-model Yooyee jailed 15 years for cocaine possession

6-12-2014-12-11-36-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former model Yooyee was today (Thursday) sentenced to 15 years imprisonment and fined 1.5 million baht by the Criminal Court after she was fund guilty of illegal possession of illicit drugs for attempting to smuggle a small amount of cocaine into the country.

The ex-model, 40-year old Mrs Chatchaya Questa Ramos or Yooyee as she was wellknown in modeling circle, was arrested at Don Meuang airport’s arrival lounge as she checked in to enter the country. A search of her baggage unveiled 251 milligrammes of cocaine which was listed as Category 2 narcotic drug.

During the trial, Yooyee defended that the drug was meant for self consumption and not for sale. However, the court rejected her defence but still found her testimony beneficial.

The court first handed down a 20-year jailterm and a two-million baht fine on her but commuted the sentence to 15 years and 1.5 million baht fine due to her useful testimony.

Since Yooyee was given a three-month suspended jailterm for illegal possessing endangered species, the court added another three months on her 15 years imprisonment.

(photo : file photo from YouTube)

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/wellknown-ex-model-yooyee-jailed-15-years-cocaine-possession/

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-06-12

Seems a bit over the top but a silly risk. What was the endangered species?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What was the endangered species?

A red shirt?

jerk.gif.pagespeed.ce.TMGfqs4Lzz.gif

Just repeat: There is no doubt about the amount of drug in generell. But in 2012, when she was catched, it read a bit different about what she was carrying with her:

5 mg Cocaine

8 blue tablets (not clear, what's inside)

4 green tablets (not clear, what's inside)

http://www.thairath.co.th/content/305567

But she wasn't an unknown for the authorities. There were some investigations in 2007 already about drug related things against her and her husband. But the authorities couldn't find some real incriminating things

http://www.bloggang.com/viewdiary.php?id=celebrity&month=12-2007&date=18&group=2&gblog=57

On the other side it must be said, the is a very hard sentence compared with others. In a lawyer forum a typical sentence estimated by lawyers is between 2-4 years for smaller amount of drugs found. But it is hard to find some more examples.

http://www.lawyerthai.com/forum2/3748,1.html

But there is a nice table telling you, what you have to axccept for not more than 100gramm: 3-20 years, if it's about selling them. (that's what the court estimated)

http://www.oocities.org/palanamai/law02.htm

My thinking is: this is a more or less popular person, and the court was aware of, that the sentence will find the way to the news. So, sent her to prison for a long time, to discourage others. Later on, when no one is remembering her, The sentence will be reduced and she comes out for paying some more baht.

But we will never find out.

Edited by Taunusianer

Wellknown ex-model Yooyee jailed 15 years for cocaine possession

6-12-2014-12-11-36-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former model Yooyee was today (Thursday) sentenced to 15 years imprisonment and fined 1.5 million baht by the Criminal Court after she was fund guilty of illegal possession of illicit drugs for attempting to smuggle a small amount of cocaine into the country.

The ex-model, 40-year old Mrs Chatchaya Questa Ramos or Yooyee as she was wellknown in modeling circle, was arrested at Don Meuang airport’s arrival lounge as she checked in to enter the country. A search of her baggage unveiled 251 milligrammes of cocaine which was listed as Category 2 narcotic drug.

During the trial, Yooyee defended that the drug was meant for self consumption and not for sale. However, the court rejected her defence but still found her testimony beneficial.

The court first handed down a 20-year jailterm and a two-million baht fine on her but commuted the sentence to 15 years and 1.5 million baht fine due to her useful testimony.

Since Yooyee was given a three-month suspended jailterm for illegal possessing endangered species, the court added another three months on her 15 years imprisonment.

(photo : file photo from YouTube)

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/wellknown-ex-model-yooyee-jailed-15-years-cocaine-possession/

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-06-12

Seems a bit over the top but a silly risk. What was the endangered species?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What was the endangered species?

A red shirt?

I didn't realise that the redshirts caused this. I actually thought that thaksin and his redshirts were very anti drugs and carried out killings on those involved in drugs. Anyway blame her drugs on the redshirts

Some sub-intelligentsia just can't help themselves!

250mg of cocaine results in a sentence of 15 years in prison + 1.5M baht fine. What next? 1 microgram of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) found in urine after coming back from Colorado (where recreational consumption of cannabis is now legal) results in death sentence?

I can't find it now but there used to be a thread (pinned I think) about the dangers of going through some of the middle east airports. I seem to remember Abu Dhabi might have been the main one. Some guy was stopped with a cigarette butt stuck on his shoe with cannabis on it and another with a couple of poppy seeds from a bun eaten at Heathrow. They were both sentenced to fairly long terms although not anything like 15 years. think they were released eventually but not an experience I'd want to have.

I believe a lot of bank notes have cannabis on them as well.

Not that bad here thankfully.

"I believe a lot of bank notes have cannabis on them as well."

That's coke, people snort coke, not cannabis. with banknotes.

Ask Yooyee.

What's dangerous is small minded stone age thinking like yours.

Its not an overrated danger no. Thailand does not differentiate from drug to drug in court. I have lost count of the number of people ive warned and know of many who wished they hadnt ever had that smoke, im not saying I agree with the flat view taken on drugs but it is indeed that.

Put it this way, its illegal like many things that arnt policed properly .. until they do, when they wish to they crack down and people on the old wacky baccy find themselves in a whole lot of problems..... simply put imo it really isnt worth the risk here doing years for a few joints... better to just have a few drinks and stay free ...much safer places to go if thats the inclination than Thailand

"Thailand does not differentiate from drug to drug in court."

Of course it does.

Ask Yooyee.

Dude...Are you tweaking out?

Please post some evidence on how a liberal recreational drug policy would be a positive contribution to Thai society.

Other than creating more venues for Full Moon Parties.

Edited by ClutchClark

Ask Yooyee.

Please post some evidence on how a liberal recreational drug policy would be a positive contribution to Thai society.

As opposed to the millions of ya ba tablets being imported in now because its the easiest and most efficient drug to smuggle? Drugs like cannabis, mushrooms, lsd and mdma should not be coupled with meth or as you call it 'tweaking out'.

Ask Yooyee.

As opposed to the millions of ya ba tablets being imported in now because its the easiest and most efficient drug to smuggle? Drugs like cannabis, mushrooms, lsd and mdma should not be coupled with meth or as you call it 'tweaking out'.

I still don 't understand. Are you saying that because drugs are being imported and consumed in Thailand against the existing laws that those laws should just be removed?

How do you feel about traffic laws which are broken every day?

Here we have a lady who had most everything in life, money, fame, ability to travel wherever she wanted and now she has stuffed her life up and for what, some quick thrill, I sure don't know.

The dealers seem to get the blame, they are only supplying a demand from the silly buggers who take the stuff.

Why is there a demand from the idiots that do it to themselves, I doubt many if any are forced to take the crap.

Do you drink alcohol? Many people take illegal (or not illegal, depending on jurisdiction) drugs for precisely the same reasons as people drink alcohol. Life's not about an exercise of temperance for many people, it is quite possible to have an entirely fulfiilling life that includes consumption of drugs that some jurisdictions prohibit. Sucks getting caught with them in one though.

As you ask, no I don't.

I used to drink, but took a look at myself saw that I didn't need it and gave it up.

Still doesnt explain why anyone thinks they need drugs.

As you are defending their use It would seem you are one of the ones that uses them so perhaps you could explain why you think you need them.

15 years what BS, remember the Australian who shot an American three times in the Top North hotel Chiangmai because he didn't like him! Only stayed in jail 1 year 9 months and returned to Perth! Murdered a guy but goes home!

Better story: What about the Thai politician's son who shot and killed a cop at point blank range in front of a room full of witnesses. No jail time and is now a shooting instructor for the police.

Amazing Thailand... Indeed.

Its called deep pocket justice. Human Rights Commission calls it something else.