Bangkok: Wellknown ex-model Yooyee jailed 15 years for cocaine possession

webfact

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 years for less than a gram of coke ?

How does ruining someone's life over something so small make any sense ?

Yes it's the law here, but the law here sucks.

During the trial, Yooyee defended that the drug was meant for self consumption and not for sale. However, the court rejected her defence but still found her testimony beneficial.

Rejected on what grounds ? Nobody buys a 0.25 grams of anything.

Anyone who says she deserved it, hang her, etc etc etc.

History, and an enormous body of evidence does more than suggest, it plainly spells out that this is the absolute wrong approach to drugs, and all it does is ruin people's lives.

The war on drugs has been lost, get with the program.

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-31922609

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/the-war-drugs-over-lost-meet-police-chief-starting-revolution/

Here is what the alternative looks like, helping people instead of locking them in cages.

“If you are a user of opiates or heroin, let us help you. We know you do not want this addiction. We have resources here in the City that can and will make a difference in your life. Do not become a statistic,” wrote Campanello.

Any addict who walks into the police station with the remainder of their drug equipment (needles, etc) or drugs and asks for help will NOT be charged. Instead we will walk them through the system toward detox and recovery. We will assign them an “angel” who will be their guide through the process. Not in hours or days, but on the spot. (
)

Since then, the Gloucester department has helped 109 addicts; 1 in 6 who have driven from out of state for the program.

I became a good friend of hers about 10 years ago when she did have a slight drug problem. We haven't talked for 5 years but she really must have upset someone really high as she was well in with some real Hi-Sos herself.

I wish her all the best - she is mentally ill an deserves to be treated with compassion and rehabilitation.

She will NEVER do 15 years.

I guess she isn't rich enough to get out of this particular pickle.

I think the problem is that she might be too rich. With a 15 year jail term hanging over her, there will be a juicy pot of gold waiting for the appeals court to do their usual trick and overturn the original conviction.

And there is much less attention on the judges etc during appeal for someone famous like this.

Gone glory - She definitely looked better in the past, <deleted>

RIJH7l0.jpg

I stand to be corrected, but I do not think the above image, dated 2014 is that of 41 year old Yooyee aka Mrs Chatchaya Questa Ramos pictured below.

attachicon.gifYuyee_alissa (1).jpg

attachicon.gifyooyee.jpg

Of course she looked better in the past - do any models that take drugs get better looking as they age?

What, do I need to paint you a picture ?

You said her having a mental illness and a drug problem less of a worry than having me as a friend. This is an unbelievable nasty thing to say! Please explain to me in a picture or otherwise why you think this. Are you just trolling? Did I upset you somehow? Please DO tell.

Yes, "Cook my sock"(strange name to say the least) is there something about Swan Chan 7 that you know about and we don't?

Sawan, I'd ignore it, I've been on these forums for many years and some people are just idiots without any balls to speak up to others in real life so take it out on innocent people on the internet.

I don't like it when so called friends gossip or rat on social media forums about their supposed friends supposed slight drug habits or supposed current mental problems. Who's the idiot lacking balls?

She's probably reading that wondering which supposed friend it could have been.

Edited by Cook my sock

I don't like it when so called friends gossip or rat on social media forums about their supposed friends supposed slight drug habits or supposed current mental problems. Who's the idiot lacking balls?

She's probably reading that wondering which supposed friend it could have been.

You obviously are a newbie or have never read/watched the local news over the last 10 years. This woman's problems are certainly no secret.

Now you insult me! You can't have been on forums long mate.

I was replying to Ms two face friend. I think you need to get attention somewhere else, learn to chill out and take a holiday

Btw there's nothing in the press about her currently having mental health problems. Maybe both of you shd realise that libellous comments on forums aren't immune to prosecution, especially in Thailand. I'm surprised that it's within TV forum rules.

Edited by Cook my sock

The more they try to act hard the more desperate they look. Jailing a mother of 2 kids for not enough gear to keep herself happy let alone "possession" Inexplicable decision she must have a past. Talking about sending a message,Anyone read BKK Post article yesterday ? Not about this, recon they are in the Pooh if they put it in the broadsheet

Edited by This Thing of Darkness

Ridiculous sentence. Poor woman.

Seems that she is well known as a long time heavy drug user.(acording to my Thai wife ).A couple of years in a Thai prison ,followed by a Kings pardon ,maybe just what she needs .

Edited by anto

Does everyone realise this is a 1 year old thread?

Doesn't make her punishment any less ridiculous.... 15 years for a bit of snow is fcuked up....

The minivan driver last week got 5k fine for totalling his van, killing 4 and leaving 10 in hospital

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

she's a hottie,i'm sure there will be a few lady inmates that will want to show her how to pass the time.

What a bloody waste.

Well, its an old story and she's doing time (15 yrs) after possession of a small amount of a controlled substance. She had killed nobody. Meanwhile hi-so maniacs walk and laugh at the system. Go figure. BTW, she was, as you say, a "hottie".

Edited by ratcatcher

Seems a bit over the top but a silly risk. What was the endangered species?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A dog! Thought she was going to sell it in Vietnam.

15 years what BS, remember the Australian who shot an American three times in the Top North hotel Chiangmai because he didn't like him! Only stayed in jail 1 year 9 months and returned to Perth! Murdered a guy but goes home!

I do remember that case and always thought there was something very fishy about it. That Aussie bloke had some very good connections that is for sure. Just proves that in Thailand it's not what you do but who you know and how much money you have. The judicial system in Thailand is a farce. They study law , often overseas , for several years then hand out sentences that defy logic

Edited by Denim

This may be more about a powerful HISO's revenge than the drugs which are likely just a pretext. I cannot link but if you google;

Wild cats, cocaine and claims of a police set-up

then you will get her and her Spanish husband's side of the story.

This thread is full of utterly misinformed posts. You have farangs posting as if they are still in farangland and things work the same here.

The overriding factor which determines how harshly you are sentenced in Thailand or even if your case goes anywhere near a court is not what you are accused of but your social position (read : power) and your social position relative to others involved or others who have involved themselves in the case.

This is patently obvious that this is a vindictive act of revenge. Yet, the clueless farangs here post pages and pages about whether the punishment fits the crime, which shows they have completely missed the point.

15 yrs for 250 milligrams of personal devils dandruff??? What the heck do they do to those caught trafficking millions of yabaa pills?

The say used to be 20g = Life

Now idea what it is now