Bangkok: Wellknown ex-model Yooyee jailed 15 years for cocaine possession

webfact

15 yrs for 250 milligrams of personal devils dandruff??? What the heck do they do to those caught trafficking millions of yabaa pills?

Or billions of liters of Thailand's most dangerous drug. Oops, almost forgot, Chaleum's ear medicine is the only legal recreational drug - no matter that it contributes to the death of thousands of Thais each year - and untold suffering.

Shoot and kill a cop in a nightclub, no problem - even if all 22 people at the scene, except the cop, were drunk. Run your car at high speed, while drunk, in to a cop and kill him, no problem. Get caught with some cocaine, with no one harmed - rot in jail for 15 years.

Edited by boomerangutang

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I cant understand is why people want to do drugs.

Are their lives so shallow, so hopeless that they cant get anything out of life without drugging themselves ?

Or do they think somehow they cant have a good time without being drugged ?

Here we have a lady who had most everything in life, money, fame, ability to travel wherever she wanted and now she has stuffed her life up and for what, some quick thrill, I sure don't know.

The dealers seem to get the blame, they are only supplying a demand from the silly buggers who take the stuff.

Why is there a demand from the idiots that do it to themselves, I doubt many if any are forced to take the crap.

Do you drink alcohol? Many people take illegal (or not illegal, depending on jurisdiction) drugs for precisely the same reasons as people drink alcohol. Life's not about an exercise of temperance for many people, it is quite possible to have an entirely fulfiilling life that includes consumption of drugs that some jurisdictions prohibit. Sucks getting caught with them in one though.

As you ask, no I don't.

I used to drink, but took a look at myself saw that I didn't need it and gave it up.

Still doesnt explain why anyone thinks they need drugs.

As you are defending their use It would seem you are one of the ones that uses them so perhaps you could explain why you think you need them.

Ingesting drugs, for our species, is as natural as sex or religion. Study up a bit on human evolution for the past 150,000 years and you'll see that drug taking was integral to every tribe, in every region.

Seems a bit over the top but a silly risk. What was the endangered species?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A dog! Thought she was going to sell it in Vietnam.

15 years what BS, remember the Australian who shot an American three times in the Top North hotel Chiangmai because he didn't like him! Only stayed in jail 1 year 9 months and returned to Perth! Murdered a guy but goes home!

I do remember he old Australian shooting him in the bar, admitting it, and then saying he just didn't like the guy. Love to have heard that conversation

Are their lives so shallow, so hopeless that they cant get anything out of life without drugging themselves ?

Here we have a lady who had most everything in life, money, fame, ability to travel wherever she wanted and now she has stuffed her life up and for what, some quick thrill, I sure don't know.

The dealers seem to get the blame, they are only supplying a demand from the silly buggers who take the stuff.

Why is there a demand from the idiots that do it to themselves, I doubt many if any are forced to take the crap.

Do you drink alcohol? Many people take illegal (or not illegal, depending on jurisdiction) drugs for precisely the same reasons as people drink alcohol. Life's not about an exercise of temperance for many people, it is quite possible to have an entirely fulfiilling life that includes consumption of drugs that some jurisdictions prohibit. Sucks getting caught with them in one though.

As you ask, no I don't.

I used to drink, but took a look at myself saw that I didn't need it and gave it up.

As you are defending their use It would seem you are one of the ones that uses them so perhaps you could explain why you think you need them.

You would be incorrect in that assumption.

Some people, that take drugs to an excessive degree, need them, physically and mentally - in the same manner as an alcoholic. Some people do not need them, they simply like the effect that have, in the same manner as a social drinker enjoys a glass of wine or a couple of beers.

Few people 'need' caffeine, some people just like it, few people 'need' alcohol, some people just like it. The same principle can be applied to any drug, obviously with some of the more extreme examples, such as Heroin, Cocaine and indeed Nicotine, the propensity for 'like' to convert into 'need' is severely heightened, but that does not negate the fact that for some people are able to consume 'drugs' purely due to their enjoyment of the effect of said drug.

The definition of 'drugs' as it seems you see it (ie something that is illegal) varies from country to country, bearing this in mind, where exactly do you draw the line between 'drugs' you consider to be OK and 'drugs' you consider to be not OK?

Your comment regarding the reason you ceased drinking alcohol because you previously felt you 'needed' it until you came to the realisation that you didn't - it seems rather puritanical, as if you perceive life to be somewhat of an exercise in temperance, ingesting only things that you physically 'need' rather than 'enjoy'. I'll assume for the moment that you might now and again enjoy a good steak, maybe a pizza, a burger, a nice glass of lime and soda - why do you opt to consume anything other than Soylent and water - you don't 'need' to?

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Some people, that take drugs to an excessive degree, need them, physically and mentally - in the same manner as an alcoholic. Some people do not need them, they simply like the effect that have, in the same manner as a social drinker enjoys a glass of wine or a couple of beers.

Few people 'need' caffeine, some people just like it, few people 'need' alcohol, some people just like it. The same principle can be applied to any drug, obviously with some of the more extreme examples, such as Heroin, Cocaine and indeed Nicotine, the propensity for 'like' to convert into 'need' is severely heightened, but that does not negate the fact that for some people are able to consume 'drugs' purely due to their enjoyment of the effect of said drug.

The definition of 'drugs' as it seems you see it (ie something that is illegal) varies from country to country, bearing this in mind, where exactly do you draw the line between 'drugs' you consider to be OK and 'drugs' you consider to be not OK?

Drugs that are prescribed by a doctor better referred to as medication are OK.

All illegal drugs are not OK.

Unfortunately there are some that are legal which cause a lot of trouble and expense all over the world, but that's the way it is.

Unfortunately there are some that are legal which cause a lot of trouble and expense all over the world, but that's the way it is.

There's some contradiction in your definition of what's OK - previously you stated that you ceased drinking because you didn't 'need' to, indicating that you feel people drink because they 'need' to. This is the same argument you presented as the reason people take drugs. Why then, is the 'need' that you see in people that drink alcohol not treated in the same manner as the 'need' you see in drug users? Why is alcohol OK? Is it not OK? It isn't illegal.

Seems to me that you cannot accept that people consume things legal or otherwise that are not essential to survival for enjoyment.

There's a reason 'that's the way it is'.. people have the ability to exercise choice and thankfully some of the more sensible souls have been in a position to legislate to support the individual's right to do so.

You may enjoy Saudi Arabia.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Bangkok Post says 251 grammes of cocaine.

I had not read the article on the bangkok post but i suspected as much. I mean a quarter of a gram is totally different then 250 grams. It still is not much but its a lot more. That was why i asked in my previous post if it was not 250 grams.

I could not imagine them being this crazy hare even here and has een bad reporting here before.

Inconsistent sentencing is actually at the root of most problems in the country. Pooyais get squat, praii get shot.

I think you mean "Poo Dee" get squat.

I find this topic rather sad as I knew Yoo Yee well. I spoke with her many times about beating her alcoholism, she is a lovely woman, struggling with her demons. She didn't want to do drugs. She was addicted to drugs - there is a big difference.

Someone like yourself will never understand - if you have this illness, it doesn't matter how much money,fame etc you have - it's a spiritual/physical/mental illness or disease.

As people have said hi-so's use Charlie all the time in Bangkok. This is the the woman who was with Frank Cuesta who does Wild Frank in Discovery Max and Natural Frank on YouTube.

Her husband was a Spanish professional tennis player. She has many influential friends and will be out in a short time.

As you ask, no I don't.

Ingesting drugs, for our species, is as natural as sex or religion. Study up a bit on human evolution for the past 150,000 years and you'll see that drug taking was integral to every tribe, in every region.

Yep, and in many of those societies the drugs were consumed by the Holy Men and not the masses...is that what you are proposing?

In a historical context, societies have "evolved" and part of that development is improving the standard of living at the same time as discontinuing those aspects of their cultures that have negative impacts on their members.

For instance, diseases are eradicated, engineering methods have developed to treat raw sewage and to deliver clean drinking water. Laws are made for the benefit of the majority. The list of civilizations advancements are quite obvious to most clear-headed individuals.

Her husband was a Spanish professional tennis player. She has many influential friends and will be out in a short time.

I think this attitude is called "enabling" and was probably one of the reasons her drug habit continued to worsen.

I think this attitude is called "enabling" and was probably one of the reasons her drug habit continued to worsen.

What attitude?

I know what you mean re enabling. If one is an ugly factory worker who is into drugs, there would be less enablers.

Her fame was definitely not an asset in trying to recover.

What attitude?

I know what you mean re enabling. If one is an ugly factory worker who is into drugs, there would be less enablers.

Her fame was definitely not an asset in trying to recover.

Yes, I appreciate your personal insight. I hope she overcomes her demons.

She was singled out with such a harsh sentence because of who she was and now its who she is that will hopefully allow her to be released early.

Edited by ClutchClark

As people have said hi-so's use Charlie all the time in Bangkok. This is the the woman who was with Frank Cuesta who does Wild Frank in Discovery Max and Natural Frank on YouTube.

Yes he operates a Tennis Academy in Bangkok amongst other things. He seems like a genuinely nice fellow.

15 yrs for 250 milligrams of personal devils dandruff??? What the heck do they do to those caught trafficking millions of yabaa pills?

Totally crazy.. is this not a mistake where they mean 250 grams ?

Must be a mistake... who traffics a quarter of a gram <deleted>.

The last sentence, above, is ok. However, the 1st two statements above are out to lunch.

'drugs that are prescribed by a doctor' are also known as 'pharma' or 'meds.' Pharma drugs have been shown to contribute to more deaths than all illegal drugs combined. How is that 'ok'? ....unless you like hearing about people suffering.

'All illegal drugs are not ok.' That's almost as nutzoid a statement as the prior one. Unless you have personal experience with many illegal drugs, a statement like that is bereft. If a person gauges a drug's effect predicated on what journals or subjective 'experts' say, then they're going to misled at best. The people who assert their opinions and who make and enforce the laws are drug users themselves. over 90% of them use the world's most harmful drug; alcohol. Some are even hopelessly debilitated by it, like Chaleum, who was appointed point man for Thailand's anti-drug campaign. That's like appointing a man who shot a cop as a firearm instructor for cops - oops, that also happened in Thailand, with a Chaleum scion.

Hemp is an illegal drug. Is it not OK? Look it up. Educate yourself. Best of all, try smoking hemp. You could smoke a pick-up truck full of the stuff and wouldn't get stoned, but you'd get a big headache.

I welcome the courts. People are now hunted down in the Northeast for drug dealings. Looks to me the military that took over is getting serious in busting the dealers.

I am sure in the near feature we will see capital punishments for some big dealers.

1/4KG would have given that ex model a death sentence in Singapore, Vietnam, Indonesia and Malaysia.

Strangely enough she was bringing coke back from Vietnam. Now whether it was mg's or grams one has to question the choices this mother of 2 is making in using and then carrying on to a plane and into another country a class A narcotic.

Add to that she has the other charge involving endangered species to deal with and you certainly wouldn't vote her mother of the year, thats for sure.

That is sickening. At first I read it as 251 grams which would obviously have been intended for sale. She committed a serious crime and smuggling drugs across borders is even more stupid than just buying in country but 15 years for 251 mg? A max of 6 months would be more appropriate. Even 2 months in prison would seriously traumatise some one like that.

Hi-so kids caught with ya E at police check points in Ekkamai and Thonglor on a Saturday night are only asked for a fraction of the 1.5 million baht fine she got.

She is well known but spare a thought for all the unknown Thais rotting in prison with draconian sentences, including 16 olds routinely sentenced to a year and a day for one speed tablet and for being too poor to pay the bribe. There was probably some one out to get this model too and gave the tip off.

I welcome the courts. People are now hunted down in the Northeast for drug dealings. Looks to me the military that took over is getting serious in busting the dealers.

I am sure in the near feature we will see capital punishments for some big dealers.

1/4KG would have given that ex model a death sentence in Singapore, Vietnam, Indonesia and Malaysia.

Strangely enough she was bringing coke back from Vietnam. Now whether it was mg's or grams one has to question the choices this mother of 2 is making in using and then carrying on to a plane and into another country a class A narcotic.

Add to that she has the other charge involving endangered species to deal with and you certainly wouldn't vote her mother of the year, thats for sure.

Of course not but a couple of months in prison would seriously change her attitude. There is no need to destroy her life and her children too.

Which is crueler, Sharia Law or drug sentencing in SE Asia? I would say Sharia is crueler, but both types of laws are draconian, and paint the upholders as cruel.

How much does US's DEA influence harsh drug laws in little countries like Thailand? With a budget of tens of billions of dollars annually, the DEA can wield a whole heck of a lot of influence. How about a hummer, an all-expense trip to Disneyland and $120,000 to fatten your bank balance - would that suffice to get you to enact/enforce tough laws on on recreational drugs? We can up the ante, no problem. Would half a million dollars suffice?

Oh what's that - you're asking about alcohol? Of course we don't make any edicts about alcohol. That's a trillion dollar industry. We love our alcohol dealers and alcoholic drug enforcers, like Chaleum. But all other recreational drugs, they're horrible, all users are addicts and criminals and home wreckers. If they're not already criminals, we'll make sure to criminalize them.

That is sickening. At first I read it as 251 grams which would obviously have been intended for sale. She committed a serious crime and smuggling drugs across borders is even more stupid than just buying in country but 15 years for 251 mg? A max of 6 months would be more appropriate. Even 2 months in prison would seriously traumatise some one like that.

Hi-so kids caught with ya E at police check points in Ekkamai and Thonglor on a Saturday night are only asked for a fraction of the 1.5 million baht fine she got.

She is well known but spare a thought for all the unknown Thais rotting in prison with draconian sentences, including 16 olds routinely sentenced to a year and a day for one speed tablet and for being too poor to pay the bribe. There was probably some one out to get this model too and gave the tip off.

Frank Cuesta today tweeted a link to a Bangkok Post article that said 5mg now.

"discovered five milligrammes of cocaine"

Frank Cuesta today tweeted a link to a Bangkok Post article that said 5mg now.

"discovered five milligrammes of cocaine"

The first thing, what I always do in case I doubt about something is, I take this little web site called google and I discover it by myself. And than you will find out that she was grabbed 2012 with 5mg cocaine plus 4+8 tablets in different color. The 251mg was, what she was accused for in the end. But that's, as TRAVEL2003 mentioned before, is all written here in the thread already. ;-)

Edited by Taunusianer