Channels to watch the World Cup in Thailand.

Liquorice

I believe normal Thai TV channels 7/8 will show only 22 world cup matches.

I have PSI with about 300 Thai channels.

Does anyone know which channel on PSI will be showing the 22 matches.

I also started this thread as it would also be handy for anyone to provide links, such as for laptops where the matches can be viewed live, or recorded.

so you are going to stay up till 5 in the morning to watch most games I will pass and watch it the next day on replays at a normal time with out looking at the results of the games I like to watch also I have astro and it is all live in english

All 64 games are on free-to-air Thai TV, following an agreement made this afternoon. But only (I think) to subscribers with a standard aerial. But if you have PSI (ie a satellite dish and a set-top box) you may find the free football broadcasts blocked.

In that case, you need to go to your local shop and buy a PSI O2 HD box, (somewhere between 1,700 and 2,500 baht), plug it in, and turn to channel 333.

If you want to watch via Internet, try wiziwig.tv or Sports360.tv or thaiexpat.tv. Those streams can be watched on your computer or fed into your TV via an HDMI cable.

Edited by RickBradford
  • Like 1

All 64 games are on free-to-air Thai TV, following an agreement made this afternoon. But only (I think) to subscribers with a standard aerial. But if you have PSI (ie a satellite dish and a set-top box) you may find the free football broadcasts blocked.

In that case, you need to go to your local shop and buy a PSI O2 HD box, (somewhere between 1,700 and 2,500 baht), plug it in, and turn to channel 333.

If you want to watch via Internet, try wiziwig.tv or Sports360.tv or thaiexpat.tv. Those streams can be watched on your computer or fed into your TV via an HDMI cable.

Hi Rick, thanks for your very useful reply.

I found out Thai TV channel 7, is channel 331 on PSI. I believe they will show 22 matches on this channel, but your quite correct I was told for an extra fee I could watch all 64 games on PSI channel 333.

I might try the internet links you provided............cheers. Enjoy the games!

Just watched the replay of Brazil vs Croatia on true,first half cut out after Neymars yellow card,second half, 4 mins from the end message by army,no attempt by true to start again before the army message, no attempt to explain why only half of the first half was shown,i guess either they lost the signal or some dork in the control room was busy eating som tam and flicked the button from the replay to the message,or they where to scared of losing face to offer any explanation,i feel it is going to be a trying month.