How to Find Someone to Mow the Lawn?

rcox81

I have a small grass lawn that is starting to become overgrown.

The grassy space couldn't be more than 20 sqm.

I am mostly just worried about snakes being in there and then coming into the house.

How can I find someone to come cut the lawn?

What is an appropriate price for this service?

Best to hunt out a foreigner: Burmese or Cambodian. 100 Baht should be enough for a small job. You're unlikely to find a Thai interested in such a small job or possessing the ability to turn up regularly at an appointed time in my experience.

• Like 2

A small piece like that can be done in ten minutes.

Ever thought of buying a strimmer or mower and doing it yourself?

My garden is a bit bigger and too much for me, and I have struggled to find someone to do it for me, having gone through about 10 different people/groups so far, from the clumsy to the lazy to the unreliable.

It just seems to be a matter of asking around, or finding a neighbour's gardener to do a little extra.

For a small patch like that I think 500 baht would suffice, but obviously it wouldn't be worth his time if he had to travel solely to do your patch.

• Like 1

You can go get an electric 300W whiper snipper, (weed whacker) from HomePro or Big C for under 1000B and do that in 15mins easily. I have seen them there for about 600B about 3-4 months ago, not sure if that was a promotion. Note, the Black and Deckers need 0.6mm refills, you can get that at HomePro only in Thailand.

100560515_0_9999_v1_m56577569831188938.j

Edited by Chao Lao Beach
  • Like 1

don't find someone.....buy a goat

Sheep are better than goats, firstly they taste better next dry season when the grass stops growing and they only eat the grass, not every thing else as well like the plants your want to keep..

Edited by Chao Lao Beach

When I last visited my son in Thailand his wife was always complaining that she did not have enough money .

So I suggested that she should get my sons strimmer , and extension lead and a rake and go around the neighbourhood

And offer to strim the lawns of the local people as they were always offering me money to do it for them.

They were willing to pay approx 300 baht a time for a quick strim round and then rake it up after.

The lazy bitch would not do it as she said it would be to hot doing that kind of work as she sleeps most of the dat in between

eating which she does about 5 times a day.

I suggested that she does it for a couple of hours of an evening but she still refused.

You could go out and buy a couple of strimmers, extension leads and rakes and find a couple of local lads to drive around

The local area offering to do the work at 100 baht a throw and charge 300 baht each garden depending on size.

Or find someone older who needs to make some extra money

You would soon have the money rolling in after investing approx 2000 / 3000 baht.

Give it a go

I agree with Josh go with the goat, i fully agree with the sheep argument and i won't hold it against you if you decide the sheep, yes they do make better lovers...but goats are cooler and they talk to you..plus you dont have to feed them or take care of them.

The holy grail of the goat whisperer has been foundcheesy.gif

• Like 2

a sheep is too much trouble trust me..theyre very needy and the whole town will be wanting a ride..cost of velcrow is up in this recession..its settled you're gettimg the goat okay..it will be nice ..a dinner bell is a nice touch..dirty grey goat red collar..i can see it now all your problems are settled...i think you owe josh a big thank you...

this forum brings a tear to my eye to see goats finally getting the attention they deserve. what turned out as a pathetic lazy attempt to avoid work now has great potential to make this the greatest goat vs sheep forum debet of all time...now thats time well spent!

Starky i like it..i can feel.the disgust....this lazy OP should be jailed until they wake up and appreciate what theyve been given.

Not disgust mate bewilderment. I realise this is the land of milk and honey and none of us really need to do anything EVER, not when we can pay a Thai a coupla hundred baht to do it. Surely though you could drag your arse outside once a fortnight to mow 20 square metres right? If it was 2 Rai sure get a Thai in, but me I would rather buy a ride on.... Oh and a lawnmower as well whistling.gif

• Like 2

Thai's are just as lazy as this pile. of you waites for them weeds would overtake the house...just need a weedeater for 20sqm take 15-20 mins get freah air sunlight and can enjoy fresh cool drink when finished. i could really care less...lazy people are lower than dirt to me just enjoy making fun:))

20 sqm and you're pooping your pants about some snakes?

A jerrycan of propane will take care of the grass for you ... and the snakes.

How do you fill a jerry can with propane?

Edited by Mudcrab
  • Like 2