free website for teachers

jamhar

Hey everyone

I want to start a website for my classes. I see a bunch of sites offering to provide websites with various features. The problem is that i don't know how dependable the sites are. Id hate to establish a site just to have the entire co disappear the next month.

Any suggestion on how to start the process? Should i use a blog? Ect?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Scott. Will do

A poster suggested using facebook. I think you have to have fb presence in Thailand if you want to be effective. Thailand runs on facebool :).

My problem is that i was thinking of a system so that each class could have access to material for that specific class. and ultimately each student have a place that tracks their progress through the years. ( i have small classes )

So i'm going to need some way to implement some or all of that, and i dont believe fb is the place to do that. I was hoping some teacher in Thailand has already been down this route and could give me some pointers.

Thanks

If you want to start a website for your students/ classes but don't know what to do, better not to start one!

Even as a troll, this is pathetically unimaginative!blink.png

Dude, at least make a decent effort to make it offensive.giggle.gif

If you want to start a website for your students/ classes but don't know what to do, better not to start one!

Agreed. My wife was contemplating this idea for her students to gauge their progress for her M.A. but after we drew up a plan we both realised that this was far beyond my programming skills and unless it's FB related the students wouldn't be inclined to log in.

If you can find a programmer who understands exactly what you want you and how to carry it out you'll do yourself proud but be prepared for major disappointments along the way.

Hi Jamhar,

I was trying to do the same as you a few years back, I started using Dropbox to enable students’ access to worksheets, despite being popular it soon unfeasible as the worksheets had to be marked by a teacher.

There’s free websites that you could use, however a certain level of programming skill is needed to make something decent as Schondie mentions.

Two years back, a programmer in the UK saw what I was trying to do and designed a program from scratch, called RevisionHero. Different classes can have access to different material and this can be restricted to suit different abilities. Last year, Prathom 1 to 3 completed 59,000 worksheets at our school and these worksheets can be tailored to suit your school. Worksheets are created easily online or by uploading Microsoft Word docs. There are reward systems to encourage frequent use and the analytics are quite detailed.

If you are interested, Google it to find out more.

Hope it helps and best of luck with your project.

Ian.

• Like 1