Recommendations on a freewheeling Vietnam online forum?

PadHopper

I'm looking for a forum like Thaivisa.com that's geared towards expats in Vietnam, but what I've found so far are kind of lame (limited in scope). I understand that there's a huge difference in the number of expats in Thailand vs. Vietnam. . . . Any suggestions?

Meanwhile I am on this forum every day (via the twice-daily emails) because it's so addictive, even though I haven't been to Thailand in two years.

There's one of which I am a member which is expat-blog.com,this has a Vietnamese section.You are correct,though,there aren't nearly so many expats living here,and because of the system of government,many of the blogs/forums that exist in other S.E.Asian countries would probably not be allowed in similar formats here in Vietnam

• Like 1

There's one of which I am a member which is expat-blog.com,this has a Vietnamese section.You are correct,though,there aren't nearly so many expats living here,and because of the system of government,many of the blogs/forums that exist in other S.E.Asian countries would probably not be allowed in similar formats here in Vietnam

I lived in Vietnam before, although not too long. But I always kept an eye on what's going there and for years tried to find something like this forum. There's virtually nothing for the reason stated above, I believe. I had a short-term blog on living in small Mekong province. I am only speculating but the almost hourly hits with Hanoi and Long Xuyen IPs gave me the creeps.