No double standards, NCPO tells police, courts and lawyers

webfact

A good start wouldl be the immediate trial of the the "burn Bangkok down" / "bring your petrol bombs" group.

I always wondered about that. Where is Arisman now ? Government position

or fled to Cambodia? I know if I gathered up a bunch of people, and told them

to burn down Bangkok, I would be in jail forever.....

Arisman, sometimes known as the monkey on a rope, turned himself I just a couple of days back so he is enjoying the hospitality of the army right now.

I expect the NACC will want to have a word with him about the company that was set up with his wife to act as some sort of a middle man in the non existent G 2 G deal with China, this may be their opportunity.

Hope they don't forget to ask Arisman were he got the money to start his airliner business.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Skywalker69

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In times of yore, there were 'the King's Marshalls', the Highest Authority could call in, to correct very grave situations, where Justice had not been able to be served. I'm not speaking of vigilante, or death squad here, it was a very select small team of very respected men of high honour and skills, some even say they still exist.

Even in Thailand?

So you think that the proclamation is the end of it????

Reforms don't start for 3 months... He has already cited that the judiciary is to be overhauled to make it more equal.

I don't know if it's the beginning or the end, of it?

I didn't realize that reforms wouldn't start for another three months.

I was simply inquiring if there were any details, maybe some ideas about how the "judiciary is to be overhauled to make it more equal"?

Clearly you seem to be aware of this reform/initiative, can you share any detail/links? Or should I check back in three months?

Yours is a good idea--go and check back in 3 months.cheesy.gif for gods sake stop bashing the bloke.

Making a law does not change anything, nor issuing a proclamation, nor flaming someone... reasonable doubt is an indication of both history and the general conditions -- no pun intended. Many would like to see a change in the way the judiciary judges cases (red bull heirs, killers off scot-free because of family, and the list is quite long). Few expect any real result. Right now, this instant, if you have money or access to money you walk, if you are poor no one cares if you talk -- and welcome to your chain gang.

Many would like to see that change. Especially the Thais. But none expect it.

Every coup has failed in its goals. The current leader was part of the last failed coup, as well as Suthep and Abhisit. Note the word failed, and previous so as not to believe the current junta is being criticized.

Unfortunately, there is already one precedent. Abhisit "warned" the general about any amnesty. There was no reply from the junta whatsoever. Who is Abhisit to warn the military, when they are so obviously in control? It makes many people wonder...many who do not hate the general or adore Thaksin...and they wonder 'who is controlling the military'?

The problem is that many basic questions are being raised that have no answers at all.

The sound of silence is not reassuring, as Giman and Sarfunfunkel once said.

I really hope we are looking at change, the Thai people deserve that and need it, some desperately. If history is any indicator, we are only seeing cosmetic reforms and empty words.

I hope I am wrong. I really, sincerely hope I am wrong. The history books suggest my hopes are unfounded.

Have a stiff drink and be more optimistic, you can distrust the military but Thaksin for all his voting power was always sort of slung out

You do not expect it but hope, better to hope and try to expect.

This is better than PTP. that is in a short time. Warning the courts to act accordingly and fair to all is a better step.

We will see --let's wait eh?? Yingluck asked for more time to do things after 1 year in office, because of complaints and things even deteriorated worse.

Whilst I've already stated in the other thread that I think the General is pretty awesome, lets all not forget that when something that sounds too good to be true normally ends up being the opposite, nobody should be jumping on the sceptics, there's nothing wrong with exercising caution. a new broom always sweeps clean.

• Like 2

Reforms don't start for 3 months... He has already cited that the judiciary is to be overhauled to make it more equal.

I was simply inquiring if there were any details, maybe some ideas about how the "judiciary is to be overhauled to make it more equal"?

Clearly you seem to be aware of this reform/initiative, can you share any detail/links? Or should I check back in three months?

Yours is a good idea--go and check back in 3 months.cheesy.gif for gods sake stop bashing the bloke.

I don't think any opinion expressing doubts or less than utter adoration and trust in relation to the coup leadership ought

to be automatically tagged as "bashing".

This being Thailand, it is quite natural for people to be weary of announcements and proclamations.

As another poster mentioned, we had the same sort of talk from the PTP - nothing actually changed for the better.

There is certainly hope that at least some of the positive actions and initiatives taken and declared by the new regime

will bear fruit and will improve the country for years to come, probably most would agree on that. Guessing that some

prefer to wait and see how things pan out, before deciding this is the dawn of a new era.

• Like 1

A good start wouldl be the immediate trial of the the "burn Bangkok down" / "bring your petrol bombs" group.

Arisman, sometimes known as the monkey on a rope, turned himself I just a couple of days back so he is enjoying the hospitality of the army right now.

I expect the NACC will want to have a word with him about the company that was set up with his wife to act as some sort of a middle man in the non existent G 2 G deal with China, this may be their opportunity.

Seems he's shooting for a new scam - "Reconciliations Music":

Arisman to compose songs on national reconciliation
The Nation June 10, 2014 1:00 am
Former singer and red-shirt activist Arisman Pongruangrong, who reported himself to the junta along with two aids yesterday came up with an idea.He has offered to croon songs that would promote the NCPO's reconciliation policies, according to Suchaiwut Chaosuankluay, an activist representing Free Thai Legal Aid (FTLA).

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Arisman-to-compose-songs-on-national-reconciliatio-30235852.html

Seems he's shooting for a new scam - "Reconciliations Music":

Arisman to compose songs on national reconciliation
The Nation June 10, 2014 1:00 am
Former singer and red-shirt activist Arisman Pongruangrong, who reported himself to the junta along with two aids yesterday came up with an idea. He has offered to croon songs that would promote the NCPO's reconciliation policies, according to Suchaiwut Chaosuankluay, an activist representing Free Thai Legal Aid (FTLA).

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Arisman-to-compose-songs-on-national-reconciliatio-30235852.html

Thanks for that. My god , this really is amazing Thailand.......

Well proclamations are nice, clearly I am in the minority when it comes to understanding the difference between reality and a press release but the Thai judicial system is based on hundreds of years of precedence with a foundation based on Sakdina and one's position in the hierarchy. The legal codifcation of 1805 (Three Seals) is basically made up thousands of scenario, examples on which outcomes could be adjudicated, whereby one's validity was a function of their position in society.

So while proclamation 63/2014 is interesting, it remains challenging to undrstand how a single, simple proclamation can re-jigger a legal system which has existed for a long time, and is tightly knitted into the societal hierarchy.

So----- You believe Rome "WAS" built in one day then!!

Rome wasn't built in a day either.

This is just for starters today, with a host of other things, I do not care what politics your from you cannot knock this guy.

I kinda think he should be prime minister.

He doesn't need to be a prime minister.

He is laying the foundations now for a better Thailand, and a return to the parliamentary system.

I just hope when they come back, they don't put Thailand in the same s$it as before.

The big question is, Do we really want them back?

Careful now...equal justice means that people occupying gov't buildings, blocking peoples right to register to run for office or vote would be called before the bar also. We are to lay these political attacks aside, are we not?

• Like 2

The general needs to start with bringing Thaksin back to face justice at the end of a rope.

And for those who forgot how to tie the knot.

k34.jpg

I know how to work out the drop-lengths too!

You bring the rope, I'll do the maths thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

You need to go back and look at the decades before those events and what caused them. Would you care to prosecute the corrupt elite who ripped the guts out of thailand for their own personal gain? No? Thought not.

What's worse economic crime or inciting acts of violent terrorism and murder?

What's worse ripping people off or ripping people off whilst pretending to look after them and lying through your teeth?

See the differences? No? Thought not.

The only thing that caused the events of 2010 was Thaksin stirring the shit to get back in control. Nothing to do with real changes to improve the situation of the masses.

What about the guy with the long dark hair and the thick moustache that beat up the Monk, that’s who we really want.

In times of yore, there were 'the King's Marshalls', the Highest Authority could call in, to correct very grave situations, where Justice had not been able to be served. I'm not speaking of vigilante, or death squad here, it was a very select small team of very respected men of high honour and skills, some even say they still exist.

Even in Thailand?

It's about Thailand indeed, not much 'described' though true

You need to go back and look at the decades before those events and what caused them. Would you care to prosecute the corrupt elite who ripped the guts out of thailand for their own personal gain? No? Thought not.

Would you care to prosecute the corrupt elite who paid the terrorists shouting 'burn Bangkok down'/'bring your petrol bombs'? No? Thought not.

This is just for starters today, with a host of other things, I do not care what politics your from you cannot knock this guy.

I kinda think he should be prime minister.

Since everybody's bitching about elections, how about the Army running as a party in the next one. Landslide.

• Like 1

That is correct and when one side committed over 90% of the deaths and injuries over the last 6 months, 100% committed voter fraud over the last 12 months and over 90% committed corruption over the last 3 years then one can be guaranteed that the 90% and over will say without a doubt they are being picked on.

I say to them….Don't break they law then.

The voter-fraud-myth again? ANFREL.org found the elections fair and square.

Corruption ratio 90/10? Any source? Or just an opinion declared as fact?

Murder-count (yes, I would call it murder instead of killing or deaths) for just the last six months? Any (convenient) reason for this specific time frame?

• Like 2

Do you not think someone should at least try?

Of course I do.

But surely you understand the difference between making a proclamation, and offering up specific, concrete changes to the Thai judicial system?

I guess my definition of "trying to do something" involves a tad more that issuing a proclamation, and hoping that's good enough.

The bully pulpit can be a powerful tool

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

+10 mate doing a brill job..

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Definitely agree with equal access to justice, particularly for poorer folks who often suffer from lack of good legal advice and representation The police need a good kick up the bum, it's good seeing it actually start to happen.

Agree with your last part as long as the police keep doing Their job