BREAKING: Thailand's curfew lifted countywide immedeately

george

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, the army has done a fantastic job. The country is free at last from corruption because the army have proved themselves to be very honest.. as they have always been in the past.

Not only have the army introduced whole transparency, but now all Thais are free to voice their political opinions and to speak out about anything they think that might be unfair or unjust. It's great that the army is helping the thai people.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I suppose you also believe in the tooth fairy and Father Christmas,street party's and free food.

Corruption is still a huge potential problem and there are many curtailments regarding freedom of speech.

Perhaps in the right direction by still a long ay to go.

Hallon - I do believe you missed the sarcasm.

Edited by KED

Yes, the military leadership has done a fantastic job.

However, I look to the day that leadership within this country eliminates the Sex toys displayed along the tourist spots. It would improve image and bring back some respect on the streets. If Thailand must sell these toys they should be sold behind closed doors (inside) and away from such an open view.

Personally I think it's sad that Thailand would so openly have this for all ages to see. I remember my family's first trip to BKK, walking along the road where my 12 year old got an eye sore. It felt degrading and I remember feeling embarrassed.

In a country that cares so much what others say, and in a country that wants to be respected it boggles my mind that the educated adults don't take action and remove these toys from children to view and both local children and visiting children.

Maybe some will not agree or see my position but when you try your best bringing up your child and wanting to protect them it hurts knowing that Thailand chooses not to filter these street toys.

You come across as a very caring parent but you should relax.......sex toys have got nothing to do with good parenting and them seeing them won't change what you have spent years teaching them.

A few sex toys on the streets of Thailand are the least of a parents worries. Embarrissing? yes it can be but then it's only natural for parents to think our kids thoughts and get worked up about it..

It's not like the 60's when parents used to take their kids aside and tell them about the birds and bees. Even then most of the kids were way ahead of them by the time they got round to it.

Nowadays there's more chance of them taking us aside and telling us what's what with Internet android phones etc. The truth is most kids of 12-15 years of age have seen it all and what they haven't seen their classmates will soon show them.

While I agree with what you are saying the fact is times have changed and maybe for the better. I know when I was a kid we got it drummed into us sex was a bad thing.....my body as I got older naturally disagreed.

imo your better telling your kids and warning them about the pitfalls than them dabbling to find out because you chose to try and wrap them up in cotton wool.

But at the end of the day when a young man or a young lady first dabble has got very little to do with how they turn out but what you have taught them lasts forever.

Have a great day

I made this thread half a day before you George, you deleted it, placed me on "moderation queue" and sent me this message:

Do not post unconfirmed rumors. This is illegal and get get you and the site into trouble.
Then you go and make the same thread for yourself a day later, bit cheeky don't you think?
My thread was made before this one, and matched it in content:
That thread is an unconfirmed rumour.
Yet this one stays when mine is locked, why? Because it was made by a mod?
Your moderation is heavy-handed and unnecessary. In short you're a bit of a plonker.
You read my message to you on 2014-06-13 17:00 and no reply as yet hence why I'm posting here.
Steps you need to take to resolve your error:
Apologise.
Credit me in the article.
Get an education.
Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...