Curfew Lifted>>>>>>

khwaibah

Just wondering what the traffic rate for deaths was under the curfew.

With the curfew removed there will be more places staying open late with closed doors. As Winnie said spicy was open until 2:00 and others later.

Bound to make a difference in the death rate at that time of night. doubt we will ever know. Any one know any one in Emergency rooms at that time of night?

Late night bars were open later without the curfew and plenty of places that were open late now aren't, so fewer drunks on the road. Spiceys would normally be open till 4am or 5am so 2am is an early night. I think you'll find that late night revellers numbers are way down. Closing hours are being strictly enforced. Bar beers closed at midnight, Zoe's closed at 1am.

I don't follow your line of reasoning. If the curfew is down bars are open later giving people more time to drink. The more they drink the less their ability to think and react as fast is. So I would think that would cause more accidents. Would be nice if we had a night shift emergency room worker on here. They would have noticed the difference.

re

About time, those bar stools were getting lonely

and they still are !

count the tourists in these two pics taken in loi kroh road at

10 30 and 11 18 tonight sad.png

not good !

dave2

ps ... the girls in the bar boxing centre told me they could open till 2 tonight but theres no customers sad.png

So it`s the same as usual in Chiang Mai then?

This has nothing to do with the coup or the curfew, but has been part of the Chiang Mai adult entertainments and nightlife clampdowns for years, as a matter of fact there seemed hardly any noticeable difference in Chiang Mai since before, during and after the curfew.

I thought you lived out of town. Do you come in every night late and check out the bar scene. Maybe you and Winnie share the ride.tongue.png

• Like 2

I don't follow your line of reasoning. If the curfew is down bars are open later giving people more time to drink. The more they drink the less their ability to think and react as fast is. So I would think that would cause more accidents. Would be nice if we had a night shift emergency room worker on here. They would have noticed the difference.

I think you'd see a reduction in accidents with a curfew in place, especially as many people will just skip going out for a while, knowing that curfews typically don't last long.

With a hypothetical prolonged curfew (this for argument's sake), people would start drinking earlier and drink faster. (Some research on that available on the UK and very early bar closing times). Plus, you get that absolutely everyone goes home and is on the road at the same time just before midnight. That in itself causes more accidents compared to having it spread out, and fewer people on the road at the same time to bump into.

Againm overall the effect would still be fewer accidents I think, but perhaps not too big of a difference.

Safest of course would be to ban all drinking, ban all cars, and ban being outside after sundown. wink.png

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

With the curfew removed there will be more places staying open late with closed doors. As Winnie said spicy was open until 2:00 and others later.

Bound to make a difference in the death rate at that time of night. doubt we will ever know. Any one know any one in Emergency rooms at that time of night?

Late night bars were open later without the curfew and plenty of places that were open late now aren't, so fewer drunks on the road. Spiceys would normally be open till 4am or 5am so 2am is an early night. I think you'll find that late night revellers numbers are way down. Closing hours are being strictly enforced. Bar beers closed at midnight, Zoe's closed at 1am.

A slight misunderstanding on my part. Before the curfew the bars closed much later, during the curfew everything was more or less closed at midnight, but post curfew closing hours are being strictly enforced so most places are closed at midnight and the rest are closed at 1am. So, yes, fewer accidents during the curfew, but also fewer after the curfew than pre-curfew because of the enforcement of closing times. Does that make sense?

A slight misunderstanding on my part. Before the curfew the bars closed much later, during the curfew everything was more or less closed at midnight, but post curfew closing hours are being strictly enforced so most places are closed at midnight and the rest are closed at 1am. So, yes, fewer accidents during the curfew, but also fewer after the curfew than pre-curfew because of the enforcement of closing times. Does that make sense?

Yes!

I went out 1am tonight, thought I would find some place to enjoy Mexico - Brazil. But to my suprise Chiang Mai was a ghost town. Nothing open But some thai restaurants.

I always complained about laws not being enforced and corrupt police taking bribes to allow people to bend the law. Be careful what you wish for...

(I wasn't aware of the secret entrance to spicy, So can't confirm if it was closed, it sure seemed close from the usual entry..)

I went out 1am tonight, thought I would find some place to enjoy Mexico - Brazil. But to my suprise Chiang Mai was a ghost town. Nothing open But some thai restaurants.

I always complained about laws not being enforced and corrupt police taking bribes to allow people to bend the law. Be careful what you wish for...

(I wasn't aware of the secret entrance to spicy, So can't confirm if it was closed, it sure seemed close from the usual entry..)

Does anyone know of Thai restaurants that are open all night with big screens that will show the game? There must be a few, perhaps in Santitham.

Can these restaurants serve beer if the customer also orders food?

This may not be the preferred option of many sports fans, but if you can get together a group of friends, and maybe a friendly Thai lady or two to help with translations, you could have an entertaining evening.

• Like 1

re

I went out 1am tonight, thought I would find some place to enjoy Mexico - Brazil. But to my suprise Chiang Mai was a ghost town. Nothing open

did you look here ?

if johns was showing the 2 am game on monday :)

dave2

post-42592-0-16601700-1403052774_thumb.j

post-42592-0-04566100-1403052807_thumb.j

• Like 1