The irony of Prayuth's mission

Lite Beer

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the general direction will include , in the reforms, the military will not be able to interfere in politics and stage a coup, however the reforms will also include measures that will prevent what happened leading up to the coup ,from taking place again also. coffee1.gif

Jesus wept. Is this the best The Nation can do to explain a failed political system, endemic corruption and massive failings in the application of the law? Try this - Grandapa Yoo takes a lesson from China's purge on corruption and ruthlessly pursues those responsible for systemic corruption and applies draconian prison sentences to Grandas In and Na and the rest of the relatives. And the rest of us can live happily ever after.

How about simply try this?

Prayuth is doing nothing ironic. He is deliberating, taking advice from educated Thais who've been kept in the dark for years, by a suppressing previous government, and he's making headwaves like a Tsunami, at speeds faster than previous governmental/coup leaders could only dream of.

He's achieving on a major scale, in tremendously positive ways for Thailand and its people, and he's hell bent on eradicating corruption and all that goes with it.

Sod the fairy tales...

This man is for real, and doing an excellent job when considering the huge steaming turd he walked into!

I get it.

Maybe if that editorial is translated into Thai, some of the Thai people who need to understand the message will get it as well.

In the meantime I hope the General keeps up the good work.

• Like 2

I dunno, the OP wasn't offensive to me. I will have to look-up that Grandpa fable, but I imagine it's like the King Solomon splitting the baby parable. Prayuth is in the driver seat, and so far it looks like he's keeping the car on the road. He's pretty much in a unique position in Thai history, and I can see how he could change the rules of the game forever. We shall see.

Back in the Kingdom in six weeks! WooHoo!

• Like 1

Personally I'd say it's a load of shiite .

"Prayuth's key task is, therefore, quite ironic." On what grounds? No it's not. Irony is not even involved. His task is deliberate, pragmatic, and involves finding resolutions to garbage strewn across the country by the ousted government.

'Irony'... Ha! Did a reporter just discover the meaning, and try to incorporate it into a story to appear clever? whistling.gif

Irony is a difficult concept for foreigners. Most Americans think it is a country in Africa.

• Like 2

The moment the junta has given control back to whatever slime ball government that is coming, it starts all over again.

So true. Until that terrible moment that everyone is dreading occurs and the kaka will hit the oscillating blades. My Thai colleague predicts civil war. Sure.

Jesus wept. Is this the best The Nation can do to explain a failed political system, endemic corruption and massive failings in the application of the law? Try this - Grandapa Yoo takes a lesson from China's purge on corruption and ruthlessly pursues those responsible for systemic corruption and applies draconian prison sentences to Grandas In and Na and the rest of the relatives. And the rest of us can live happily ever after.

Maybe this is what is happening

• Like 2

The moment the junta has given control back to whatever slime ball government that is coming, it starts all over again.

Isn't this the unfortunate, dare I say inevitable, truth ?

It won't take the politicians but a moment to get back into their stride and it will be like they've never been away.

Well some nice points.

But near the bottom "................ We want the ballot box to be truly meaningful. We want to empower election winners. But we also want them to make the best use of their mandate for the country's sake."

What's IMHO missing in this sentence / paragraph and is absolutely critical to meaninfull reforms which really takes Thailand forward and into the real world are words such as: accountability and transparency plus recognition and total respect for the rule of law.

A further critical point which needs to be said often and with laws developed and implmented is appointment to the job and promotion by clearly being the best person for the job by proven capability and proven past high performance, and proven equal opportunity, all with a totally transparent selection process and with an open regular audit process.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

How about simply try this?

Prayuth is doing nothing ironic. He is deliberating, taking advice from educated Thais who've been kept in the dark for years, by a suppressing previous government, and he's making headwaves like a Tsunami, at speeds faster than previous governmental/coup leaders could only dream of.

He's achieving on a major scale, in tremendously positive ways for Thailand and its people, and he's hell bent on eradicating corruption and all that goes with it.

Sod the fairy tales...

This man is for real, and doing an excellent job when considering the huge steaming turd he walked into!

Well said, well said, well said.

So true. Until that terrible moment that everyone is dreading occurs and the kaka will hit the oscillating blades. My Thai colleague predicts civil war. Sure.

Ask your Thai colleague about quantum leaps.

Personally I'd say it's a load of shiite .

"Prayuth's key task is, therefore, quite ironic." On what grounds? No it's not. Irony is not even involved. His task is deliberate, pragmatic, and involves finding resolutions to garbage strewn across the country by the ousted government.

'Irony'... Ha! Did a reporter just discover the meaning, and try to incorporate it into a story to appear clever? whistling.gif

sure the writer read iron into irony. Iron-fists he think it is ...