In 10 Years I Have Never Had A Conversation With A Thai

bowerboy

Thais are the only nationality I have never really had a meaningful conversation with.....then why every other nationality in the world seems to trust me but not Thai's? No logic in your argument.

would you have a meaningful conversation with someone who was trying to steal your land? or someone you highly suspect to have overstayed their visa and should be reported to the police post haste?

Edited by tsirorret

Thais are the only nationality I have never really had a meaningful conversation with.....then why every other nationality in the world seems to trust me but not Thai's? No logic in your argument.

" Always with people that spoke excellent English " yet they always say "mai loo"? Dubious.

If you're to be believed, then they revert to "mai roo" because they have no desire to converse with you.

• Like 2

you must be living in some kind of bubble. i can remember having conversations with thais since my arrival here over 10 years ago. i am still friends with some thais i met in those days. i have conversations with thais all the time about all kinds of subjects.

an example; my gf is a lawyer, just the other day we met up with one of her colleagues who a few years ago was a intern in an anti corruption unit working on the 'truth and reconciliation' initiative. it was fascinating to hear from the inside what a waste of time and whitewash that whole business was.

another example; i was having my hair cut last week and had a long conversation with khun Panu who cuts my hair about premiership football/chelsea - as we do every time i have a hair cut.

maybe you need to change your circle of friends?

if your gf is from an educated /professional background i bet she will have friends who would love to chat with a foreigner.

if your gf comes from a more uneducated background this would be difficult.

if you are open minded there are an awful lot of thais to have interesting and humorous conversations with - even if you dont speak thai!

• Like 1

Yeah weird isnt it...strange how those Indonesians I have known for a short amount of time seem to have a conversation with me that is interesting and engaging wheras Thais I have known and drunk with for 10 years and who like me enough to invite me on nights out long after we have stopped working together don't yet trust me...

Yes you are right...must be something about my appearance and demeanour that is suspicious to 100% of one singular nationality and not others...very astute and I had never thought of that...

Strange how the Indos like you but the Thais don't. Where are you from?

Well you still haven't told us where you are from. Your employees probably invite you out so you can pay the bill because you are the boss. 5555555

Might be your approach...and who your with....i usually sit in the back ground day dreaming and the Thais often talk openly..politics, community gossip, health ...usual stuff..they feel comfortable with my Thai partner and that might be the reason they open up...usually a business crowd ...

I must admit my thoughts as to why I have never had a conversation with a Thai came down to this...

Thais are taught not to think or have an opinion on their own. It's pretty difficult to have a meaningful conversation with someone who was taught not to use his/her brain from an early age.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I must admit my thoughts as to why I have never had a conversation with a Thai came down to this...

Thais are taught not to think or have an opinion on their own. It's pretty difficult to have a meaningful conversation with someone who was taught not to use his/her brain from an early age.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

have you tried to wrap your "thinking " brain around thai language spoken or written?

Edited by tsirorret