not one boat moving at Pattaya beach

slygeeza

very strange, not a single jetski, tourist launch, paraglider in sight. all I can think of is that the army has stopped them. anyone know whats going on? all I can think of is army intervention. I hope so

Edited by slygeeza

weather is quiet. not one boat. only the moored fishing boats. no tourists returning from the islands, no boat touts on the footpath. not sure about Bali Hai tho. quite pleasant actually. people are swimming in the boat zones without fear of being hit by a jetski or chopped up by a propeller

Edited by slygeeza

weather is quiet. not one boat. only the moored fishing boats. no tourists returning from the islands, no boat touts on the footpath. not sure about Bali Hai tho. quite pleasant actually. people are swimming in the boat zones without fear of being hit by a jetski or chopped up by a propeller

The beach must be a lot calmer than 3rd road.

There has been strong gusts of wind here all day

yeah there is a breeze but nothing that would stop the boats

Thats the problem with Pattaya, too many bad curry houses.tongue.png

Poor rip-off operators. Whatever are they going to do?

I personally would like to see the military line them up and gun them down on live TV, as a warning to every dirt bag in the nation to knock it off or face a firing squad.

Never happen of course, but one can dream.

• Like 1

Order of the Marine Office, they did not allow any boat to go out. I am not in Pattaya, so I do not know the conditions of the sea, just heard it from a friend owning a dive shop.

What I suspected (post #2).

A friend juts told me, he returned from Bangkok yesterday and was afraid he would be blown down on his motorbke taxi from Suk due to the heavy blasts.

Poor rip-off operators. Whatever are they going to do?

I personally would like to see the military line them up and gun them down on live TV, as a warning to every dirt bag in the nation to knock it off or face a firing squad.

Never happen of course, but one can dream.

Pay per view ?? Could generate a lot of money...... I see the military has just finished gutting the Phuket taxi mafia. For sure the jet ski mafia, which has give Pattaya a black eye for years, is soon

due up on the chopping block. Happy times ahead !!!

Order of the Marine Office, they did not allow any boat to go out. I am not in Pattaya, so I do not know the conditions of the sea, just heard it from a friend owning a dive shop.

thanks for the info. never heard of them doing that before. it wasnt very rough in Pattaya but I imagine Jomtien and the trip to the island would have been.

Order of the Marine Office, they did not allow any boat to go out.

I am not in Pattaya, so I do not know the conditions of the sea, just heard it from a friend owning a dive shop.

Thanks for the info. never heard of them doing that before.

it wasnt very rough in Pattaya but I imagine Jomtien and the trip to the island would have been.

About yesterday, this order clearly concerned only small boats.

The (bigger) boats to/from Koh Larn were working as usual.

very strange, not a single jetski, tourist launch, paraglider in sight. all I can think of is that the army has stopped them. anyone know whats going on? all I can think of is army intervention. I hope so

There are economic problems everywhere so tourists cannot afford to come

yeah there is a breeze but nothing that would stop the boats
Australian prime minister Tony Abbott must have arrived.

Joke for Aussies there

Very windy conditions today at Jomtien, and the fishing boats were not going out. About the swimming pontoons, Just wondering how long they will last. Was at the beach a couple days ago, the plastic bolts and nuts, that hold the pontoons together, were scattered up and down the beach. Once the bolt is out, then the pontoons will start to rip apart. Gotta be a better system to mark the swimming areas!

Same on Saturday - too choppy, so no jet-skis allowed.