Thai billionaire agrees Reading FC takeover

Lite Beer

Thai billionaire agrees Reading FC takeover

A Thai billionaire has signed a deal to become the new owner at Reading FC. After two days of talks at Madejski Stadium, an agreement was penned earlier Saturday afternoon.

The news brings to and end a ownership saga which has plagued Royals for almost a year following the disappearance of Anton Zingarevich.

Reading’s new owner, as yet unnamed, will now have to undergo the Football League’s fit and proper persons test before the takeover is confirmed.

The club are, however, expected to make some sort of announcement in the coming days.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-06-14

One rumour has it that the new owner is Chalerm Yoovidhya, co-owner of Red Bull.

Maybe he has seen the recent promotion of Leicester (King Power ownership) to the EPL and reckons he can do the same.

As noted, yet to be confirmed.

Edited by dabhand

Deja Vu!

Recall another wealthy Thai own a UK soccer club.. his name escapes me, think it was something like Anklewattra or something. Whatever happened to him...don't hear much of him these days???

Oh, Oh Oh, I think you may be trying to recall the old song "It's a Shin to tell a lie.....:"

• Like 1

Deja Vu!

Recall another wealthy Thai own a UK soccer club.. his name escapes me, think it was something like Anklewattra or something. Whatever happened to him...don't hear much of him these days???

Yes, it was convicted fugitive and ousted ex prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra. See article.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/5137361/Manchester-Citys-losses-trebled-under-Thaksin-Shinawatra.html

Reading’s new owner, as yet unnamed, will now have to undergo the Football League’s fit and proper persons test before the takeover is confirmed.

That'll be a breeze then.

In case of disagreement, they could refer it to the Official Thai Visa Takeover Vetting Committee, which recently approved the takeover of an entire country by the Thai man who signed the GT200, Ukraine armoured car, combat balloon and aircraft carrier refurbishing contracts. The Committee also unanimously approved rejection of hypocrisy charges against its members.

Edited by wandasloan

Deja Vu!

Nahh, he's found a nice SAND PIT to play in!!

Just say it is Red Bull owner, isn't his son going thru the legal system?

"Perverting the course of justice in English, Canadian, Hong Kong, and Irish law, is a criminal offence in which someone prevents justice from being served on himself or on another party. It is a common law offence carrying a maximum sentence of life imprisonment.

Perverting the course of justice can be any of three acts:

Also criminal are:

1. conspiring with another to pervert the course of justice, and
  2. intending to pervert the course of justice." Wikipedia

I wonder how a proper person test would look at the son's court case and influence on the Thai judicial system? As the guy in the US got baned for wanting to throw his leg over his girlfriend and told her to stop hanging around black people?

Edited by Chris Lawrence

So the father in your opinion is not just responsible for his adult son, but answerable for him? Why?

So the brother of the junta commander is responsible for the balloon purchase, and is answerable for it? Or what?

There seems to be a lot of money leaving Thailand.

Last week 2 really expensive drums in the smoke and now a footy club !.

Maybe not the same guy, but somebody wants to move a lot of money since the coup started.

Wonder why ?

That'll be a breeze then.

In case of disagreement, they could refer it to the Official Thai Visa Takeover Vetting Committee, which recently approved the takeover of an entire country by the Thai man who signed the GT200, Ukraine armoured car, combat balloon and aircraft carrier refurbishing contracts. The Committee also unanimously approved rejection of hypocrisy charges against its members..

Oh dear, still smarting from your master's recent humiliating defeat, eh...?! In time, you will come to realise that what the good General has done is all for the good of the country, and not, as in your master's case, for the good of himself...!!

Oh dear, still smarting from your master's recent humiliating defeat, eh...?! In time, you will come to realise that what the good General has done is all for the good of the country, and not, as in your master's case, for the good of himself...!!

Yes! Thank you. I didn't think there would be any vestiges of outrage, resulting in a call for a corruption cleanup. Always good to confirm that and get it behind us. Time for your gang to take it over now, get your retirement funds set. Only those you detest deserve a corruption investigation summary conviction..

I'm an equal opportunity graft investigator. I'll be cheering on every anti-corruption move you take, even if you bend the truth like top dogs always do. And every time you make pathetic, defensive excuses for your pretty boys, as above, I'll realise what you are actually up to - and of course so will you, although hypocrites never admit it.

Were I you (and fortunate me on that score!!!) I would consider the advice about being civil to the lower classes on the way up, since you will meet them again on the way down. It's quite a risk in Thailand to think your time at the top is unlimited and unfettered. It hasn't happened in your lifetime for sure. Strictly-punitive and made-up and unfair corruption probes work all ways, unfortunately. It's why no REAL corruption investigations ever get anywhere because only enemies of the current top dog are worthy of them.

A perfect illustration of how corruption works, inside that quote box.

Deja Vu!

Topic about Red Bull and Reading FC, then just three posts in it becomes a Thaksin topic. Impressive!

Expand your mind my friend, or are you really just THAT boring..??

• Like 1

Yes! Thank you. I didn't think there would be any vestiges of outrage, resulting in a call for a corruption cleanup. Always good to confirm that and get it behind us. Time for your gang to take it over now, get your retirement funds set. Only those you detest deserve a corruption investigation summary conviction..

I'm an equal opportunity graft investigator. I'll be cheering on every anti-corruption move you take, even if you bend the truth like top dogs always do. And every time you make pathetic, defensive excuses for your pretty boys, as above, I'll realise what you are actually up to - and of course so will you, although hypocrites never admit it.

Were I you (and fortunate me on that score!!!) I would consider the advice about being civil to the lower classes on the way up, since you will meet them again on the way down. It's quite a risk in Thailand to think your time at the top is unlimited and unfettered. It hasn't happened in your lifetime for sure. Strictly-punitive and made-up and unfair corruption probes work all ways, unfortunately. It's why no REAL corruption investigations ever get anywhere because only enemies of the current top dog are worthy of them.

A perfect illustration of how corruption works, inside that quote box.

Its not your country, you are not invited to vote because they are not interested in your opinion and they don't want your opinion.

Chill out and enjoy the world cup. Its free to watch aswell! wai2.gif

• Like 1

Deja Vu!

He did rather well out of it as I recall.

Its not your country, you are not invited to vote because they are not interested in your opinion and they don't want your opinion.

Chill out and enjoy the world cup. Its free to watch aswell!

attachicon.gifirony1.jpg

No irony, just fact and you know itwink.png bore off.

"Perverting the course of justice in English, Canadian, Hong Kong, and Irish law, is a criminal offence in which someone prevents justice from being served on himself or on another party. It is a common law offence carrying a maximum sentence of life imprisonment.

Perverting the course of justice can be any of three acts:

Also criminal are:

1. conspiring with another to pervert the course of justice, and
  2. intending to pervert the course of justice." Wikipedia

I wonder how a proper person test would look at the son's court case and influence on the Thai judicial system? As the guy in the US got baned for wanting to throw his leg over his girlfriend and told her to stop hanging around black people?

Might not be very palatable to you, but no member of the red bull dynasty has been tried and convicted of any offence yet. Trial and conviction by the media, including social media doesn't count in a court of law.

I don't believe the red bull co-owner has actually been charged with any offence.