Rumor or Has Anyone Heard...

Gonzo the Face

Not trying to start a rumor, but just had someone stop by and say that 7 alien workers were shot today. All sketchy, but not sure If it was CM or BKK or where. Apparently police and army combined as the workers got scared and started to run..... I guess there were many more at this location, but told that 7 were shot.....assuming they ran if illegal.

Anyone have any info or update of something like this.???

G

hadn't heard that but there is definitely an immigration crackdown going on. when i came home Thursday early evening, there were 2 police trucks with their lights flashing, driving slowly around the village. that's a very uncommon sight where i am. the next morning while on my morning walk i noticed that the Burmese camp in the back of the village where about 12 workers had been staying for the last 6 months or so while they built 4 large homes was completely vacated overnight. everything was disassembled, and even the chickens and dogs were gone. as i passed by the homes which are about 70% complete, not a soul in sight and the cement mixers, wheelbarrows...... everything gone.

I heard they carted off all the casual labourers they found on the "Kamthieng/JJ Market Rd" where they regularly hang out. But that was 2-3 days ago.

Saw building site near us checked a few days ago and a daily average of 20 + workers seems to have gone down to 4-5.

They didn't take anyone away though, they just didn't all turn up the next day.

Also been having a crackdown at Ban Tawai, there have been days when people were told they should not turn up for work.

Also some of the longan farmers are getting jittery as they are wondering if there will be anyone to pick them!

Edited by cmsally