Energy warning from Prayuth

Lite Beer

Oh s... don't tell me he's thinking about having a nuclear power station !

I hope the hell not either, Thailand would be a very disturbing place to be, with the hint of using nuclear power and the effects of a melt down, very, very scary for sure. If Thailand had a reactor, or reactors, at the first hint of a over heating problem, leading to melt down, all the Thai workers would run off to the country, like they do when in a bus, truck, accident. Running away seems to be the norm here. But there is one large looming problem, Thailand isn't large enough to hide from a out of control melt down, just look at Japan, and US, or Russia.

post-211626-0-23508900-1402867484_thumb.

Edited by Pundi6446

I hope the hell not either, Thailand would be a very disturbing place to be, with the hint of using nuclear power and the effects of a melt down, very, very scary for sure. If Thailand had a reactor, or reactors, at the first hint of a over heating problem, leading to melt down, all the Thai workers would run off to the country, like they do when in a bus, truck, accident. Running away seems to be the norm here. But there is one large looming problem, Thailand isn't large enough to hide from a out of control melt down, just look at Japan, and US, or Russia.

"If Thailand had a reactor"

Not only does Thailand already have a reactor, but we've also seen Thailand's very own nuclear-accident ! rolleyes.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samut_Prakan_radiation_accident

Edited by Ricardo

"Teebe" is giving all the reasons opposing a nuclear reactor, but gives no alternatives. Nuclear energy is the best of choices but indeed unfortunately not perfect. Coming generations will be able to take care of the nuclear waste but will not be able to turn back Co2 load in the atmosphere... A nuclear reactor is indeed an unefficient power beast but with zero Co2 emission. Hopefully science will find the holy grail with the nuclear fusion reactor (tokamak) which is far better but not realized yet. Hydrogen as one sugested needs a lot of energy to be produced so not really "The solution" but indeed a perfect way to store energy produced by solar panels or wind turbines..

To all you engineers and solar power experts out there... Is the below true or "pie in the sky?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their "Solar Freakin' Roadways" ditty just about says it all. That's right lay down ruggedized solar cells in the roadway where they are subject to damage, heat and interference from vehicle shade and dirt and debris resulting in decreased efficiency and increased maintenance costs.

I should think a more effective and less costly and problematic alternative would be to build solar roofs over the roadways/parking lots where they would not be subject to the travails of vehicles and would provide shade for the roads/vehicles. Thing is, what would be the design of a roadway/parking lot so the they could be easily maintained.

"If Thailand had a reactor"

Not only does Thailand already have a reactor, but we've also seen Thailand's very own nuclear-accident ! rolleyes.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samut_Prakan_radiation_accident

Reactor, huh? A Cobalt-60 source relegated to a scrapyard? Reactor - Thai version. Oh, these Thai scrapyards. If it isn't WWII bombs it's radioactive material. What will the scrap collectors, et alj come up with next?

Edited by MaxYakov

From article:

"Prayuth floated the idea of locals dealing with and reduce the smuggling of low-quality agricultural products from other countries to enjoy subsidies in Thailand. "If we want to do it right, we might have to make exceptions. I have been considering some measures to sustainably manage and reduce the exploitation of such a right. The smuggling doesn't mean bringing [products] for sale in our country. We will collect it and let the locals [in special economic zones] manage it as well as improve the quality. Once the quality becomes better, we won't sell it domestically but may export it to other countries.""

Maybe it's just me, but can anyone explain this or re-translate it or something? Maybe it's too-Thai for me. Maybe it's time for coffee.

Edited by MaxYakov

In response to #34, the nuclear factory was an example, in my message, second line, I already stated the aim.

Actually power as commodity (energy is another thing) is possibly a mental trouble, who want to flex muscle to exhibit power will always search for the most preeminent solution, regardless of danger.

It is an hazard made by humans, to take it easy the only solution practised is to make disappear the mess, something similar to destroying the bad face to save himself. In example, heat is dispersed into the atmosphere, where it goes? what it does? It will accumulate effects? Nobody has a clear answer, politics want to stay long far away, religion looks backward, scientist have a weak voice.

But we have mind and brain, somebody will always be scareful of possible destruction because of individual fear from soul, so in the end we have new tools and knowledge, what is missing is the mind. Or, at least, too many have an acephalus behaviour with less and lesser reason to maintain but (hopefully) slowly improving.

Edited by teebe