• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Poll shows over 93 percent of the people are happy with NCPO’s performance

news_img_510169_11-wpcf_728x413-1.jpg

BANGKOK: -- 93.09 percent of respondents to an opinion poll are satisfied with the performance of the National Council for Peace and Order in putting an end to the protests by rival political groups.

The end of the protests is one of the ten “happiness” that the people feel they have received from the NCPO for the past three weeks, according to the Suan Dusit Poll of the Ratchabhat University’s Suan Dusit campus.

The pollster asked for the opinions of 1,634 individuals during June 10-14 regarding the ten “happiness” that they feel they have received from the junta. The followings are results of the poll:

87.12 percent said they could return to work as usual as the situation has returned to normal.

85.99 percent admitted that the NCPO’s policy to cut cost of living has slowed down the prices of petrol and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG)

84.29 percent said rice farmers have received their overdue payments from rice pledging scheme.

80.24 percent said NCPO’s economic policy has stimulated trade and investment.

77.32 percent said they felt there is a real attempt to deal with corruption problem.

73.53 percent felt the NCPO was determined to do the jobs they announced.

73.14 percent said they felt they are safer with the presence of the military to keep peace and order.

71.96 percent said the military has get tough with criminal activities such as drug trafficking, illegal firearms possession and robbery.

71.31 percent said they were happy with the lifting of the curfew, the broadcast of all World Cup soccer matches on free TV and free show of the movie, the Legend of King Naresuan 5.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/nbts-news-director-removed-airing-anti-coup-news/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=nbts-news-director-removed-airing-anti-coup-news

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-06-15

• Like 1

So love or hate what the army has done,it had to be done,there was no other way

to find a resolution to the problem that has been created in Thailand,by greedy,selfish,

corrupt MP s ,who would rather cut their hands off than work together for the good of

the people and the country.

More good has been done since the army has took over,than has happen in years,I

just hope they stop long enough to implement laws so that the past problems never

occur again,strict laws against corruption,nepotism and the end to populist policies

which were just created as vote buying,using government money.

regards worgeordie

Fair comment. But Implementing laws are far different to actually enforcing them and it only seems to happen under certain circumstances here not as a matter of course. It is unlikely to happen here where backsliding is part of the culture.

Already the junta are falling in to the old ways with their own populist policies ,World Cup, movie tickets, etc - it's a standard buy the hearts and minds. The Americans think it works until it blows right back in their faces.

Maybe some good may come of the 19th? coup, I would like to think so but realistically are things likely to much different in 2 to 3 years to what they were pre coup?

We live in interesting times.

• Like 1

Whether the figures are accurate you can never tell as polls can be couched in ways to get the result you want but the sentiment is straightforward enough. Most people ARE generally happy at the way the way things are progressing and that goes for up here in CM too.

• Like 1

87.12 percent said they could return to work as usual as the situation has returned to normal.

I have a small issue with this part of the poll, given that only a very small percentage of the entire population was prevented from going to their work in the first place, the rest of the country outside of Bangkok had no issues with people going about their daily business or their work.

So out of this part of the poll, 1423.5 people were unable to go about their daily work due to the situation ?? Sorry fellas, but I have to raise the bullshit flag on this part.

Why is it that you never see the leading questions on these polls and just the results?

• Like 2

I thought criticism of the Junta was not allowed so hardly a surprising result?

Sour grapes, how do you like your medicine back ??? Now Yingluck isn't in the frame.

So your only snide side track is this, pathetic. And i've told you once and will not tell you again-your NOT having an ice cream.giggle.gif

Are you stalking me?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Stalking you for what??? you think your special or something??? your stance on the Shins gives me the creeps, If you look at the posters that reply to your posts you have 50 stalkers.thumbsup.gif

post-51-0-82755700-1402824077_thumb.jpg

Whatever. It shows that those with a functioning brain in their head and even a minute touch of optimism can see that the coup was needed and the very minor if not even inconsiderable inconvenience of publicly expressing political extremes for a short time is exactly that - of no consequence.

Let's hope u are just as optimistic in 6 months and that the army hasn't put thousands into their so called re-education camps.

In the North they were called democracy schools.

• Like 1

If we had a vote of all TVF members I am sure I would be with the vast majority to say thankyou for nothing PTP bye.

You just happened to be an Unfortunate person that backed a horse from a Manchester milk cart to win the Derby.cheesy.gif

Hint - Don't take Chalerms picks in a horse race either.

Chalerm said that Dr Narong had backed the wrong horse and that he would face the consequence once the government is back in power.

He was wrong on all 3 counts, but then when was a PTP deputy PM ever right.

• Like 2