How does the Squash meet up at Ambassador work?

topt

I would like to get back into playing squash regularly. My understanding from previous threads is that some people meet to play squash at Ambassador on a Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday - normally between 6.30pm and 8.30pm. Can anyone confirm if this is still the case and explain how it works. How many courts there and how many people go along on the different evenings, is there much hanging around between playing and what the cost normally is?

I presume you can use the changing facilities/showers without some sort of added surcharge (I ask that as I have had that elsewhere in Asia sad.png )

If there is an appointed organiser who books the courts can someone pm me their contact details please?

Thanks

Hi topt!

Yes, we (between 5 and 10 players show up each time) are still playing every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday - starting around 5 p.m., for some 2-3 hours at the Ambassador Jomtien.

There are 8 courts available, if you play with us it's just 80 Baht for the whole evening. You can also apply for a yearly membership (incl. swimming-pool, squash, tennis, badminton, snooker, table-tennis ...) for about 5.000 baht.

You can also use the shower-facilities, but maybe have to pay 10 baht per towel you use from them (with membership it's free).

There is no organiser for booking - normally all (or most) of the courts are free. Just show up and tell the staff that you play with us, otherwise they charge you per hour.

cu there

Hi topt!

Yes, we (between 5 and 10 players show up each time) are still playing every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday - starting around 5 p.m., for some 2-3 hours at the Ambassador Jomtien.

There are 8 courts available, if you play with us it's just 80 Baht for the whole evening. You can also apply for a yearly membership (incl. swimming-pool, squash, tennis, badminton, snooker, table-tennis ...) for about 5.000 baht.

You can also use the shower-facilities, but maybe have to pay 10 baht per towel you use from them (with membership it's free).

There is no organiser for booking - normally all (or most) of the courts are free. Just show up and tell the staff that you play with us, otherwise they charge you per hour.

cu there

Thanks noni99. I was beginning to wonder if anybody still played!

Will try to get down Tomorrow or Thursday this week.

Thanks