Is it viable to keep a stray cat when travelling?

A mother and FIVE newborn kittens were dumped at my place. We took them in, though kept them outside. When the kitties were about 3 mos old or so I took them to the vet, along with the mother, for shots and deworming pills. Then shortly thereafter I took the mother back to be fixed because five cats is enough! The price to have the mother fixed was about B2k. Sorry, I can't recall what it cost for the kitties' shots and such. But for one cat it can't be more than B1k, I would think. Next up, all the kitties have to be fixed. Fortunately all but one are male; males are cheaper to fix than females.

When he/she is old enough, have them fixed if you can afford it. Otherwise, you're in for a rough ride.

Great story !! I wish there were more pro-active animal owners (and animal adopters) who would netuer and spade their dogs/cats. I know there used to be a soi dogs charity doing this, but I haven't heard anything from them in a while.

Does anyone know the closest place to Bangrak to buy a cat carry box? The local vet doesn't have any. A man in there told us about a Dog and Cat store in Maenam that has 50% sale. But getting taxis to these places is just bleeding us dry they are so expensive :|

Also saw a guy in the vets with a picnic basket for just 259 baht -looked v.good. He said this was from a shop near a temple and then the language barrier lost which temple and where that was..

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Does anyone know the closest place to Bangrak to buy a cat carry box? The local vet doesn't have any. A man in there told us about a Dog and Cat store in Maenam that has 50% sale. But getting taxis to these places is just bleeding us dry they are so expensive :|

Also saw a guy in the vets with a picnic basket for just 259 baht -looked v.good. He said this was from a shop near a temple and then the language barrier lost which temple and where that was..

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Perhaps the pet shop just next to Makro? .... same side toward Tesco.

Or if the plastic kind would do, Tesco or Big C not sure if Makro have those....

Cat and Dog Story is almost in Ban Tai, beyond Maenam!! ..... No I did not spell that incorrectly that is what the sign says! wink.png