Jobless Thai MPs seek new ways for meaningful lives

webfact

Three questions on the OP.

1. Why are only Pheu Thai MPs mentioned?

2. Ms. Leelawadee Watcharobo thinks her visits may be misunderstood, but sending her team to take care of her development projects is no problem. I fail to see the logic of that.

3. ""In this situation the party has no meetings and most MPs abandon activities because the political work may be misunderstood in such an abnormal environment.""

Is all MPs work only political work? Don't they have non-political activities? Is 'service to the community' a political activity only?

Is 'service to the community' a political activity only?

In Thailand it´s the other way around, the community is serving the politicians.

So sad these redundant characters do not have access to the financial feeding trough any longer.

Perhaps now they might just find out what it means to be a person in the street no perks no privileges etc.

Welcome to the real world where those you subjected to your rules and those who had to finance your lifestyles are now your equals if not superiors.

A former Pheu Thai MP, who asked not to be named, said the party had not held meetings for a while and key members felt uncertain and refrained from any political movement. They had made clear earlier that an election would be the only answer to return power to the people properly, and they would wait and see how the new Constitution would look.

The former MP personally believed that Thailand's political problems would not end, however, and a grass-roots' uprising would occur after the next election.

As we so clearly see above there are still some venomous self serving political snakes wishing to return to their corrupt practices that funded their easy living cushioned from reality life style.

Could you highlight just where in the "above" we can clearly see

"there are still some venomous self serving political snakes wishing to return to their corrupt practices that funded their easy living cushioned from reality life style"

Because I can't see it.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So sad these redundant characters do not have access to the financial feeding trough any longer.

Perhaps now they might just find out what it means to be a person in the street no perks no privileges etc.

Welcome to the real world where those you subjected to your rules and those who had to finance your lifestyles are now your equals if not superiors.

A former Pheu Thai MP, who asked not to be named, said the party had not held meetings for a while and key members felt uncertain and refrained from any political movement. They had made clear earlier that an election would be the only answer to return power to the people properly, and they would wait and see how the new Constitution would look.

The former MP personally believed that Thailand's political problems would not end, however, and a grass-roots' uprising would occur after the next election.

As we so clearly see above there are still some venomous self serving political snakes wishing to return to their corrupt practices that funded their easy living cushioned from reality life style.

"there are still some venomous self serving political snakes wishing to return to their corrupt practices that funded their easy living cushioned from reality life style"

Because I can't see it.

Strange that you can't see it, many can, with ease.

• Like 2

fab4 post # 33.

Because I can't see it.

None so blind as those who do not wish to see.

None so deaf as those who do not wish to hear.

Nothing%20so%20costly%20as%20ignorance.j

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 2

Because I can't see it.

None so blind as those who do not wish to see. But I fear the light will never be able to penetrate through the red blinkers you wear cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Because I can't see it.

Strange that you can't see it, many can, with ease.

Well go on, humour me, point it out for me and then we can discuss.

Edited by fab4

fab4 post # 33.

Because I can't see it.

None so blind as those who do not wish to see.

None so deaf as those who do not wish to hear.

See Post #38

Edited by fab4

None so blind as those who do not wish to see. But I fear the light will never be able to penetrate through the red blinkers you wear cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

It's that funny? See post #38. Surely one of you can explain, "as it's so obvious".

They might not be out of a job for very long.

post-102528-0-28056500-1402901862_thumb.

[The tree stump is Thaksin Shinawatra. Soldiers cutting his branches represent the National Council for Peace and Order, who are the ruling body after the May coup. There are many interpretations of why the coup was staged. However, the actions of the military after the coup--sacking Thaksin allies in politics and forcibly dismantling Red Shirt organizations and villages--points to their goal in destroying Thaksin influence and co-opting his support base to protect the prerogatives of the powers he openly threatened to overwhelm.
Many, like the cartoonist, still fear that Thaksin's influence is deep and he will merely wait for a future period in which to spring back to power. This foreshadows a possible future trend--those who agitate for even harsher measures to ruin the Shinawatra family's financial roots to prevent them from further manipulating the Red Shirt movement or controlling a political party again.]

They might not be out of a job for very long.

attachicon.gifHis roots are deep.jpg

[The tree stump is Thaksin Shinawatra. Soldiers cutting his branches represent the National Council for Peace and Order, who are the ruling body after the May coup. There are many interpretations of why the coup was staged. However, the actions of the military after the coup--sacking Thaksin allies in politics and forcibly dismantling Red Shirt organizations and villages--points to their goal in destroying Thaksin influence and co-opting his support base to protect the prerogatives of the powers he openly threatened to overwhelm.

Many, like the cartoonist, still fear that Thaksin's influence is deep and he will merely wait for a future period in which to spring back to power. This foreshadows a possible future trend--those who agitate for even harsher measures to ruin the Shinawatra family's financial roots to prevent them from further manipulating the Red Shirt movement or controlling a political party again.]

Which is why the next elections may be some time in coming.

• Like 1

It's that funny? See post #38. Surely one of you can explain, "as it's so obvious".

Would you like me to bring a bucket of water in from outside to prove that it is raining.... ah, but then you would find some links proving that rain is just a figment of my imagination and most others are suffering from the same delusion.

No, don't be so ridiculous. All I am asking is for siampolee to explain his accusatory post. As simple as that. Of course there have been no replies explaining what is so obvious to everybody, which leads me to one conclusion.

Siampolees post is full of hot air with no substance. Just the usual venting - and of course the usual lapdogs chiming in but adding nothing.

One only hopes they are out of "work" for a very long time,

"work" it would kill them if they had to do a proper days work,

Politicians here and most countries are leaches on society.

regards Worgeordie

One only hopes they are out of "work" for a very long time, i can only conclude that you are happy for martial law to remain in place for a very long time and have no time for democracy.

"work" it would kill them if they had to do a proper days work, That is merely your opinion . The statement would have carried far more weight if you had used the word some or most . To accuse all is a gross generalisation and almost certainly a wrong accusation.

Politicians here and most countries are leaches on society. Whether you believe it or not in even the most corrupt political systems there are some good men and women trying to make the world a better place. Not all politicians are lazy and or corrupt. Some yes for sure.

Some people are incredibly greedy but some are incredibly generous.

I don't see the last bit as particularly "venomous". If one looks at the previous coup, that's pretty much what happened.

More like an assessment regarding possible course of events in the future, which one can agree or disagree with. He is

not even very original - this opinion been floated before.

As to self-serving, well...yes. Sort of what all (or most, if you're in a kinder state of mind) politicians are like. I would be

more inclined to call him that if he actively called for such action and promoted it.

On the whole, sound like a bunch of loafers who just figure they'll hang around and see if they get another turn at the

trough, before even giving the notion of real work a thought. I mean, they don't even bother posting on TVF or anything!

MPs and meaningful lives, quite an oxymoron.

The only thing I noticed no Democrat was asked.

The Democrat MPs quit a few months ago, so probably had more practice in this.

Don't think there's a real need to worry on the financials of most MPs, regardless of party affiliation.

Not all are super rich, and not all super corrupt (generous mode on), but non are dirt poor or anything close to it.

Would you like me to bring a bucket of water in from outside to prove that it is raining.... ah, but then you would find some links proving that rain is just a figment of my imagination and most others are suffering from the same delusion.

No, don't be so ridiculous. All I am asking is for siampolee to explain his accusatory post. As simple as that. Of course there have been no replies explaining what is so obvious to everybody, which leads me to one conclusion.

Siampolees post is full of hot air with no substance. Just the usual venting - and of course the usual lapdogs chiming in but adding nothing.

Suppose I am another lapdog Fab4.

What really is there to discuss with you?? your agenda never stops, your want for dialog with posters just to counteract-contradict and so on.

Why don't you drop the anti establishment attitude and start to share views on the present situation. Your posts are perpetual motion .

Just for gods sake let the past drop and make posting more a pleasant situ. There are half dozen left of PTP hangers on, and hopefully they will let go and move on.

Be ready the same as me and jump on anything in the future that is out of order, and i'm sure you will be surrounded with like minded posters.

So you just want to post any old BS and not have anyone pull you up on it. That is precisely what siamploee has done. As I said if he explains what he means then we can discuss the content - but there is no content. It's fire and forget fluff.

Of course when I expose that I get people like you complaining and exhorting me to move on. Sorry, I'm not a cheerleader.

Three questions on the OP.

1. Why are only Pheu Thai MPs mentioned?

2. Ms. Leelawadee Watcharobo thinks her visits may be misunderstood, but sending her team to take care of her development projects is no problem. I fail to see the logic of that.

3. ""In this situation the party has no meetings and most MPs abandon activities because the political work may be misunderstood in such an abnormal environment.""

Is all MPs work only political work? Don't they have non-political activities? Is 'service to the community' a political activity only?

there is also Chart Thai Pattana party.mentioned.

Grassroots code talk for red shirts still on the payroll

Former Chart Thai Pattana party MP Paradon Prissananantagul said the coup hasn't changed his daily life, villagers still give him invitation cards asking him to join their ceremonial events. "The only one big change is I have no salary, but it's not a problem because I use my mother's money," Paradon laughed.

His mothers money being the money he had given her during his term in office.wai.gif

What really is there to discuss with you?? your agenda never stops, your want for dialog with posters just to counteract-contradict and so on.

Why don't you drop the anti establishment attitude and start to share views on the present situation. Your posts are perpetual motion .

Just for gods sake let the past drop and make posting more a pleasant situ. There are half dozen left of PTP hangers on, and hopefully they will let go and move on.

Be ready the same as me and jump on anything in the future that is out of order, and i'm sure you will be surrounded with like minded posters.

So you just want to post any old BS and not have anyone pull you up on it. That is precisely what siamploee has done. As I said if he explains what he means then we can discuss the content - but there is no content. It's fire and forget fluff.

Of course when I expose that I get people like you complaining and exhorting me to move on. Sorry, I'm not a cheerleader.

Hey just look at what you call discussion, what topics ?? Rarely do you start a post on a topic you are there to counter posters posts this is you agenda.

There is not much for you to expose this present day, how about exposing some Yingluck/Thaksin/PTP mega cock-ups, then admit to them, because these are the biggest headache we have and many are on going and still need to be enquired into.

Most of the present day topics are related to PTP mega failures, do you call all these B/S ???? when then a poster comments on this you get in and start to try to sidetrack/or ?? problem it's repetitive stuff all coming back to what-?? You are never going to smooth out what PTP have done so better let it die a death.

• Like 1

I would've thought they are very busy people shredding documents and talking to each other by one means or another getting their 'stories' right for when the serious questioning begins. If the Army really gets stuck into these worthless creeps and their money cannot protect them any longer i would think one or two may even spend some time shopping for strong rope !

• Like 1

Not a cheerleader, but pretty close; a fiefdom cheerer. But they're history, so you'll have to start a new fan club. I recommend Cambodia, N Korea or somewhere like that where they are laying on the oppression pretty heavy. Ought to be trendy enough for you.

• Like 1

Not a cheerleader, but pretty close; a fiefdom cheerer. But they're history, so you'll have to start a new fan club. I recommend Cambodia, N Korea or somewhere like that where they are laying on the oppression pretty heavy. Ought to be trendy enough for you.

Come on gentlemen. The topic is about jobless Thai MPs, not about jobless foreign cheerleaders.rolleyes.gif

• Like 2