What keeps you in Thailand?

Somsrisonphimai

Fantastic value for quality of life, wonderful people, delicious food, close to so many fascinating places to explore and near enough to the coral triangle to hit world class diving anytime I want. What more could I ask for?

Thanks for posing this question. Sometimes I get the impression that this forum is just a place for foreigners to bitch about things they don't like or understand about Thailand. To those ppl I say, go home!

They can't - that's why they bitch so much.

Ha! Okay. Well they could be "trapped" in worse places I suppose (several come to mind).

Funny that some feel trapped by their work here, and others (like me) worked so hard so that we could enjoy life here and leave behind crappier existences elsewhere. I guess it's all a matter of perspective and different strokes for different folks.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Wikipedia) Waves in the oceans can travel thousands of miles before reaching land.

Waves on other bodies of water are generated occasionally by wind.

and where do you think the ocean waves come from?

The tooth fairy -- so far on this topic I have been taking exotic medications and fxxxing dogs so what the heck.
So you are not into Gerbils like Dr Will?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Snotty,

There seems to be are some real strange werido,s on TV these days

Captain Crab,s into dogging, Dr Will and a few others amateur psychologist are into gerbils and inserting them into their anus

Makes WUS who's into weighing sweaty coyote katoys seems almost normal for once

• Like 1

Well for me it's good news and bad news.

I'm here until I achieve the title of being the first guy to have a TV wedding, ie, to meet someone from TV and marry them.

The bad news for the OP is, I've decided I'm going to marry her.

smile.png

555, you might regret with your decision.

It's always a possibility, but hey, what is life if not an adventure? smile.png

Yes, no risk no reward. I admire your confident.
Sorry luv, I'm going to have to do it again... Confidence [emoji120]

555, I love it when you make a correction. How much do you charge for English lesson?

I charge by kisses [emoji13]

Including kisses from men too? :)

Great thread and it has me thinking why I've been here for so long. In my case its the ease of one more year courtesy of my annual extension due to retirement.

But its a big world out there and I need to move on and see more of it :)

Yeah there is no other place that is better at this time. I should have asked also what are there that cannot keep people in Thailand. I guess the list will be long.

I'm here until I achieve the title of being the first guy to have a TV wedding, ie, to meet someone from TV and marry them.

smile.png

555, I love it when you make a correction. How much do you charge for English lesson?

Only if they're a beautiful ladyboy [emoji8]

But for manly men I charge beers [emoji482]

Great thread and it has me thinking why I've been here for so long. In my case its the ease of one more year courtesy of my annual extension due to retirement.

Yeah there is no other place that is better at this time. I should have asked also what are there that cannot keep people in Thailand. I guess the list will be long.

Ahem... I could start teaching you grammar now [emoji54]

Anyway, we're not allowed to ask questions like that because TVF forbids anything negative being posted about Thailand... Which is pretty biased if you ask me...

smile.png

Only if they're a beautiful ladyboy [emoji8]

But for manly men I charge beers [emoji482]

That is comforting to hear, 555.

Ahem... I could start teaching you grammar now [emoji54]

Anyway, we're not allowed to ask questions like that because TVF forbids anything negative being posted about Thailand... Which is pretty biased if you ask me...

You can make the correction for me it is fine. It does not have to be negative. It could be things that can improve Thailand such as eliminate 90 days visa run or something in that nature would keep people in Thailand.

This thread is starting to get a little bit creepy, with Pattszero trying to make a move on the OP.

Meanwhile, the OP, a 300 pound Irish man (with a very attractive profile picture) is really getting excited.

just kidding (maybe) :P

Yeah, this thread is coming to an end, way too many off topic discussions.

You diffidently made me laugh. I am way far from 300lbs and I don't use someone else pic. The picture was taken in Pattaya, Nong Nooch Garden. You should go there if you have not been there yet.

Yup - like I really meant it.

Talking about creepy - OP, how many creepy pm's do you get?

What? You did not mean it, so I guess we are getting divorced, 555.

Damn, I broke up a match made in heaven.....sorry guys. :P

• Like 1

This thread is starting to get a little bit creepy, with Pattszero trying to make a move on the OP.

Meanwhile, the OP, a 300 pound Irish man (with a very attractive profile picture) is really getting excited.

You diffidently made me laugh. I am way far from 300lbs and I don't use someone else pic. The picture was taken in Pattaya, Nong Nooch Garden. You should go there if you have not been there yet.

I was only stirring, having communicated with you elsewhere (language forum) I was in no doubt u were You ;)

I last went to Nong Nooch in the late 80ies (I think) so I am probably long overdue to return there. :)

• Like 1

No worries, I knew the day would come :)

In an interesting FLIP, to the original question you asked, would you consider living outside Thailand for anything? with the obvious downside of being away from your family, friends and familiarity with culture etc? I think you already mentioned you studied overseas or something elsewhere, so is there any situation where you'd be prepared to leave Thailand permanently ?

No worries, I knew the day would come :)

In an interesting FLIP, to the original question you asked, would you consider living outside Thailand for anything? with the obvious downside of being away from your family, friends and familiarity with culture etc? I think you already mentioned you studied overseas or something elsewhere, so is there any situation where you'd be prepared to leave Thailand permanently ?

Yes, when someone offers me I cannot refuse :)

Yes, when someone offers me I cannot refuse :)

Interesting. It can be a big step to leave, especially if prospects of returning are limited to short holidays only.

Most Thai I know that live abroad, all plan to return home for good at some point in the future.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Are you doing this on purpose in the hope to be kissed ?

Definitely maybe?

Or did he made you laugh due to your lack of confidence in your health or fitness regime?

Not that would be an awesome pun [emoji106]

Edited by Porkster

Crumpet is not a rude term at all.

It's more of a London term really, meaning pretty girl/lady...

A crumpet is actually a type of bread that you toast and then lavish with butter... Absolutely delicious...

I have no doubt that Heavy Drinker wrote it in a term of endearment or affection.

In simple words... It's a compliment to your beauty

It's not really used these days as times have changed... Kids in the UK these days tend to use words for sexy/beautiful girls that I'd be suspended for on TVF!

Times have definitely changed...

Edited by Porkster
  • Like 1

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Are you doing this on purpose in the hope to be kissed ?

Definitely maybe?

Or did he made you laugh due to your lack of confidence in your health or fitness regime?

Not that would be an awesome pun [emoji106]

He made me laugh because he thought that I am a 300lbs male.

The way I am writing so far, I will need a lot of chopsticks for kisses, 555.

• Like 1