NCPO scraps 'One Tablet per Child' project

webfact

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good. Close the book on anything & everything PTP did; all was a major farce unparalleled in history by a bunch of greedy clowns.

The senior teachers at the schools will be rubbing their hands, back to 'the good old days' of selling books to the kids. Nice little earner back on track for them. The kids education however, left back in the 19th century, just where the Amart want it.

The kids education however, left back in the 19th century, just where the Amart want it.

Proof it or shut up.

I will excuse your rudeness, just visit any school in Thailand, outside of the big cities, you will have your proof.

Double post. Sorry

Edited by billd766

Good. Close the book on anything & everything PTP did; all was a major farce unparalleled in history by a bunch of greedy clowns.

The senior teachers at the schools will be rubbing their hands, back to 'the good old days' of selling books to the kids. Nice little earner back on track for them. The kids education however, left back in the 19th century, just where the Amart want it.

The kids education however, left back in the 19th century, just where the Amart want it.

Proof it or shut up.

I will excuse your rudeness, just visit any school in Thailand, outside of the big cities, you will have your proof.

Posted in error. Sorry.

Books: the epitome of oppression huh? Trolling are you?

Ah, wait, maybe you're right, tablets would never be sold, used for gaming, abused and are a better option than good old fashioned books right?

PTP was the epitome of all fiefdoms and all they wanted to do was benefit themselves by falsely offering free goodies to get votes.

Bottom line is karma caught up to 'em and these clowns are now history.

You do not grasp the post you quoted because you do not grasp the methods of the Ministry of Education. Books are not the epitome of oppression, which your correspondent did NOT write. They are the epitome of corruption.

The gain from ONLY having books in classes is far, far more to the alleged "educators" than any electronics ever could be. It is a magnitude worse than in the corrupt US schoolbook system.

You probably don't mean to, but even recommending that schools go to all-books is the greatest invitation to corruption possible.

Regarding the serious health problems Wifi networks and the mobile phone network(s) cause

especially to children this is a very good decision [even though unintended]

At least [unknowingly] the kids will be less affected now.

Next step would be to shut down every single Wifi router in Thailand.

[do some research and find out for yourselves !!!]

This to my mind was the most cynical of the PTP popularist polices.

Right at the height of the I-Pad frenzy when Thailand's middle classes where near fighting over I-Pads and when no Thai Soap Opera watched by the masses was complete without I-Pads in every other scene, the PTP (Thaksin) came up with the "One Tablet per Child' policy, selling the rural poor idea they too might get an I-Pad - that the PTP I-Pad was going to open the door for poor kids to get an education.

Like nearly every PTP Promise, it was hollow and false.

As for who's making money out of this scam - Too late by far, the money was made in the bidding stage - Even PTP MPs know they should not wait for any PTP promise to deliver anything, including their backhander - grab first and s0d the consequences.

I don't know Guesthouse, withholding rice from the world's rice eating population (Alot) in order to increase the price seemed pretty bloody cynical to me. All populist policies are cynical to an extent however, I do think this one was the most innocuous, nobody died as a direct or indirect result, rice farmers committed suicide as a result of the rice pledge policy, that car thing probably resulted in traffic fatalities, the amnesty bill caused massive protests and consequently the murders of protest site guards not to mention what happened in Trat. This particular policy IN THEORY, did have some merit.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know how to get ahold of the software or apps that were on the kids tablets? I have seen videos of it being used interactively but never played with the actual software nd would like too.