Chiang Mai: Immigration appointment online possible ?

Since 11 years I am holding a „Non-Immigrant „O“-retirement Visum“ which I have to renew every year with Phuket Immigration in Thailand. For the time being I stay in Germany and I will fly back to Thailand to renew this visa. This time I will do this procedure with Immigration Office in Chiang Mai near airport. Some friends told me that there are quite a number of people waiting 2 or more hours outside prior to official opening hours and that officers handle a certain number of people only per day whilst the other waiting people are asked to come back next day (of course with same great number of people waiting there). I did understand from some media that it might be possible to arrange for an appointment (date and time) online or by E-Mail to avoid long waiting time and/or coming back again next day. Has somebody experience with that online- or E-mail-procedure ? If so please tell me how and what to do with name of Chiang Mai Immigration Website or E-mail-address to fix a date online. Does Immigration acknowledge the fixed date ?