British tourist jailed for molesting Emirates attendant on Bangkok to Dubai flight

webfact

"confessed to consuming alcohol without a licence".

Do you need a licence to consume alcohol inflight?

no you don't. Emirates serves alcohol on flights to Muslims and non-Muslims and stops serving only in rare cases when diverted and using Saudi airspace.

but what would a journalist of "The National" know? whistling.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no you don't. Emirates serves alcohol on flights to Muslims and non-Muslims and stops serving only in rare cases when diverted and using Saudi airspace.

How would the Saudis know what was being served on board?

From the laws: "being intoxicated in a public place is illegal". That says it all.

On top, most TV posters are more worried about a possible non-drinking experience than the fact that the bastard sexually assaulted the woman. Derogatory remarks like "a slap on the bottom and kiss on the hand is pretty harmless" show at what low level some have arrived. How would you react if some man slaps your wife/girlfriend on the bottom and kisses her hand? Oh yes, you would tel him off, right? But a hostie is a lower female individual so you can slap her bottom if you like to do so.... jeez what a moron.

For the law it is indecent and inappropriate behaviour and as the Brits say: Not done! If one of the two people involved does not agree with the butt slap and/or hand kiss, it means it is not allowed, simple as that!

Here a very good answer by women to this behaviour:

That is just stupid. Have lost count of the girls who have grabbed my bum. deliberately or 'accidentally. Should I kick them in the crutch?

How about if a man grabbed your bum? Would you be ok with that?

It's illegal to serve alcohol in Saudi airspace. Do you think a major airline is going to risk losing its landing rights into one of its major customer hubs for the sake of a few cans of beer?

Dubai is the Arab Hub of prostitution but this does not entitle a horny traveller to have touchy feely with hosties

If you like hosties it is best to hit on them when they stop over in a city hotel at the bar, dance with them and buy them a drink and then.......

If you wish to hunt hosties inflight you need a diplomat approach ( well worth the effort it takes )

The Englishman was probably so drunk he thought he was still with Noi and Dang in Pattaya bar

I hear Dubai jails are a fabulous place for man on man sex and sex offenders usually have several "A" sessions per night - farts never crack the same once you get out

In the bible it teaches us that what comes round goes round AMEN

All those Emirates knockers ought to fly Q8, then they will have something to moan about...

As for TH, I am assuming he is was a resident in Dubai and the Drinking without a licences was a totally unrelated offence.

Edited by Basil B

the Saudis won't know. it's a matter of courtesy adhered to by all airlines flying to and from Saudi Arabia. don't remember how often i have heard the announcement (on different airlines) "ladies and gentlemen, we have left Saudi airspace and serve now alcoholic drinks."

something a bit odd however i experienced in december 2008 when there was dense fog in Doha and our Qatar flight was diverted to Dhahran airport where we had to wait for more than two hours inside the aircraft. after coming to a halt the hostesses went around and collected unfinished drinks. i finished mine and said "now you have to wait a few hours and i will donate to your collection." i liked her answer... she was laughing aloud but the Mrs was not amused.

If you have it in your system (urine) then it's a crime if they check it.

If that's the case why are there bars that sell alcohol in the airport? Why can you buy alcohol in hotels in Dubai?

To attract tourists who aren't bloody idiots.

Because some weasily Wahabi grass would snitch on them.

Last year I travelled Bkok - Amsterdam with KLM. Close to me there was a passenger who made everyone's life a misery for the 10-11 hours trip. I told one of the personnel that he had a bag full of Chang overhead. They didn't care at all. Didn't make a move.

Alcohol is sold / served in Dubai..... So alcohol isn't illegal there. They aren't as religiously strict as say Saudi Arabia or Kuwait. Illicit drugs of course are like anywhere else. He was just a dope. Emirates Airline is actually a great airline and have great flight attendants and service.

If you have it in your system (urine) then it's a crime if they check it.

My speculation is that they would have checked him and found alcohol inside him when after his arrival at Dubai shortly after getting off the flight.

It's a good job he didn't take a sleeping tablet or he would really be in trouble.

Edited by PuaSai

I agree with you totally. Emirates is a class act compared to some other well know airlines. Their female flight attendants are very classy and actually quite attractive. Doesn't mean you can grope them though. This guy was just a dope (used another adjective and didn't realize it would be considered naughty and be deleted... LOL Sorry! )and being drunk he got himself into trouble. You don't think if he landed in Thailand instead the authorities wouldn't have been waiting for him either? Don't mess with the aircrew. Sit back, relax, and enjoy yourself while keeping your hands to yourself.

My daughter is British/Thai cabin crew for Emirates. To the guy who said what's the world coming to when you can't touch up a 'hostie', please allow me to touch up your 'daughter', 'wife', 'grand daughter', etc etc .... I am sure it is fine.

To the guy who called cabin crew 'hostie' .... they are cabin crew !!

To the guy who said some of the female cabin crew need a shave .... you obviously haven't a clue about the selection process Emirates have in place for their recruitment of cabin crew. I am sure you are god's gift to women and are perfectly groomed.

And to anyone who doesn't rate Emirates, you are really in the minority. They are one of the world's best airlines, with the most investment in aircraft and staff. They have the biggest fleet of A380's, with new aircraft constantly on order. The person who said the economy section is cramped .... do you know the seat width of Emirates aircraft compared to other airlines ??? Really !!!

No passenger is allowed to consume their own alcohol on any airline, so this has nothing to do with airline or where the plane is flying to. Perhaps the problem here is the type of people on the plane, but that you cannot help if you are using Dubai as a hub.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by PuaSai

Nonsense, Emirates is a great airline and Dubai is no more/less safe/risky than anywhere else on the planet - different countries have different rules regarding pharma/meds, just play by their rules not yours.

I don't think so. I play by the rules which suit me which means I only fly through jurisdictions which have laws matching my own views. So no trips on Emirates for me.

I've been reading stories about people being thrown in prison after stepping off an Emirates flight to Dubai for many years now. Something's not right in that place.

I spent 12 years in the US Army, most of them in the middle east. I am now working for the Army and have lived in Kuwait for five years. I fly to Thailand every three months and can not count how many time i have been to Dubai. As an American i can drink on the plane, in the airport and in the many bars and discos in Dubai. It is no problem at all. You can not however be walking around stupid drunk, yes you will go to jail. Emirates is the best airline in the Middle East and i would not fly another while i am here.

When they arrest you. Than you will be changing your tone

Nonsense, Emirates is a great airline and Dubai is no more/less safe/risky than anywhere else on the planet - different countries have different rules regarding pharma/meds, just play by their rules not yours.

I don't think so. I play by the rules which suit me which means I only fly through jurisdictions which have laws matching my own views. So no trips on Emirates for me.

I've been reading stories about people being thrown in prison after stepping off an Emirates flight to Dubai for many years now. Something's not right in that place.

I spent 12 years in the US Army, most of them in the middle east. I am now working for the Army and have lived in Kuwait for five years. I fly to Thailand every three months and can not count how many time i have been to Dubai. As an American i can drink on the plane, in the airport and in the many bars and discos in Dubai. It is no problem at all. You can not however be walking around stupid drunk, yes you will go to jail. Emirates is the best airline in the Middle East and i would not fly another while i am here.

Well how about a simple observation: behave like an ass and, wherever you are, you will be treated like an ass. Hardly rocket science.

Drunken fumbling with female employees of any organisation is all very 1970's. Grow up, wise up or face the consequences.

• Like 2

Actually I was once walking around stupid drunk and the police took me home and dropped me off at my door.

Being obnoxious is what gets you in the faecal matter.

• Like 2

My daughter is British/Thai cabin crew for Emirates. To the guy who said what's the world coming to when you can't touch up a 'hostie', please allow me to touch up your 'daughter', 'wife', 'grand daughter', etc etc .... I am sure it is fine.

To the guy who called cabin crew 'hostie' .... they are cabin crew !!

To the guy who said some of the female cabin crew need a shave .... you obviously haven't a clue about the selection process Emirates have in place for their recruitment of cabin crew. I am sure you are god's gift to women and are perfectly groomed.

And to anyone who doesn't rate Emirates, you are really in the minority. They are one of the world's best airlines, with the most investment in aircraft and staff. They have the biggest fleet of A380's, with new aircraft constantly on order. The person who said the economy section is cramped .... do you know the seat width of Emirates aircraft compared to other airlines ??? Really !!!

No passenger is allowed to consume their own alcohol on any airline, so this has nothing to do with airline or where the plane is flying to. Perhaps the problem here is the type of people on the plane, but that you cannot help if you are using Dubai as a hub.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Excellent perspective, including pointing to some posts to where they belong - the trashcan ! Incredible that so many TV "members" post so much nonsense.

Completely agree with Romeland - Rule #1 : don't get drunk; Rule #2 : don't grope anyone, anywhere, anytime; Rule #3 If you miss out on Rule #1, pay double attention to Rule #2. Period !

The guy surely deserves it . Molesting a crew member while on duty is an international federal crime , I would say he is lucky he was not on a BA flight he would have be restrained and subjected to the superior queens law !!!

If you can't handle your drinks , don't drink inflight .

I salute emirates for handling the situation properly .

I've said this before and I'll say it again - never fly Emirates and don't go to Dubai. It's not worth it.

Maybe this guy was an <deleted>, maybe next time it will be you with your arm sticking out from the seat when the drinks cart operator walks backwards down the plane and bumps into your arm.

I have no doubt that as this guy was processed into the system upon his arrest they would have performed a standard urine test and if they found anything in him on their list of 'western style evils' like an over the counter painkiller he could be looking at the 'run of the mill' mandatory 4 year sentence they enjoy handing down to foreigners.

Is Dubai really that bad? I have never been to the middle east. Would like to see parts of it someday, but not willing to spend much time, nor money to see it. Very modest interest, if any at all. Is it that bad to visit as a foreigner? Will they lock you up for nonsense? Of course, patting a woman's ass is not something I would ever consider, if she were a stranger, so I do think this clown stepped over the line. It could be argued she did too, by responding in such an extreme manner. But, it does appear to me that much of the middle east is locked in a time warp, that I do not want to have anything to do with.

I've said this before and I'll say it again - never fly Emirates and don't go to Dubai. It's not worth it.

Maybe this guy was an <deleted>, maybe next time it will be you with your arm sticking out from the seat when the drinks cart operator walks backwards down the plane and bumps into your arm.

I have no doubt that as this guy was processed into the system upon his arrest they would have performed a standard urine test and if they found anything in him on their list of 'western style evils' like an over the counter painkiller he could be looking at the 'run of the mill' mandatory 4 year sentence they enjoy handing down to foreigners.

Is Dubai really that bad? I have never been to the middle east. Would like to see parts of it someday, but not willing to spend much time, nor money to see it. Very modest interest, if any at all. Is it that bad to visit as a foreigner? Will they lock you up for nonsense? Of course, patting a woman's ass is not something I would ever consider, if she were a stranger, so I do think this clown stepped over the line. It could be argued she did too, by responding in such an extreme manner. But, it does appear to me that much of the middle east is locked in a time warp, that I do not want to have anything to do with.

What would you do if some bloke touched up your Mrs.........?

• Like 1

Dubai is absolutely a wonderful place it unfortunately attracts some bad minorities who gives it a negative image , the city / country has rules and laws as the rest of the world does . Unfortunately it might not work for some , recently 2 Brits were caught at jumeirah beach ( public beach ) in Dubai having a sexual activity, there were sentenced for a month jail and deportation , and they complain the rules are too harsh ! Is it allowed to expose your self in a public place in any city ?, if you're with your family is that scene you'd like them to experience ?

Study the law of the country you wish to visit.

Edited by Nasa5

I have flown with Emirates twice and there are a lot better airlines out there. Maybe one incident clouded my judgement, where an asian girl started to throw up on the descent into Heathrow and the trolly dollys were screeming at her to sit down. In the end my now ex wife sat her next to her and aided her whilst I went and sat in her seat. On the same flight one air stewardess, spent half the time flirting with a passenger. As far as I am concerned the air line is way down on my list of those to fly with. Give me EVA or BA every time.

I have flown with Emirates twice and there are a lot better airlines out there. Maybe one incident clouded my judgement, where an asian girl started to throw up on the descent into Heathrow and the trolly dollys were screeming at her to sit down. In the end my now ex wife sat her next to her and aided her whilst I went and sat in her seat. On the same flight one air stewardess, spent half the time flirting with a passenger. As far as I am concerned the air line is way down on my list of those to fly with. Give me EVA or BA every time.

1. Theres a sick bag in the seat pocket, no need to get up and perform.........rolleyes.gif

2. You were jealous the bird was not chatting you up........whistling.gif .......smile.png

• Like 1

What would you do if some bloke touched up your Mrs.........?

I'd say, you touch it, you keep it.

• Like 2

"Give me BA every time". Done, it's yours, now take it away please, please! Gawd awful airline if ever there was one, certainly no fear of a BA stew ever being touched up in flight, at least not by anything human.

Guys! Guys! Beholt!

Airport aGoGo in Pattaya is the nex stop over! There you can have as many drinks and flight attendance, hosties, air waitress and air mattress as you want!!!!!! Plus smoking is allowed in all classes! ;)

• Like 1

Maybe this guy was an , maybe next time it will be you with your arm sticking out from the seat when the drinks cart operator walks backwards down the plane and bumps into your arm.

this story has nothing to do with the fact that going to Dubai or flying emirates , I fly Emirates very often , excellent company , I go to Dubai often and its not that bad if you like Disneyland in the desert. Your comment about dubai or emirates has nothing to do with this drunk guy.

Dubai is about the best and most lenient place in the Middle East, try Saudi ! I have spent about 4 years in Dubai and have never had a police incident, I drink, I have fun, but you will only get into trouble if you draw attention to yourself, even then you will generally be ok. The sex on the beach case a few years ago was one example, according tot he newspaper report I read, the couple were told 3 or 4 times to stop, the woman threw her shoes at the copper, so what was he going to do.

I suspect that his gent was pushing his luck more than the article suggests