Change of yellow Tabien Baan

I have my yellow book registered on the house we own on Bangkok.

In the meantime we are in the process of moving to Chiang Mai, actually here already but haven't transferred the property. That will happen in July.

For the sake of compatibility to the system, and extension of stays, does it make sense / is it required to change the yellow housebook to the address in CNX? Thai's don't do that, but if an immigration officer is going to our house in BKK, and we're not living there as it is rented to someone else, there may be problems. Also for the 90 days notification, don't want to go to Bangkok every 3 months.

Has anyone "transferred" a yellow Tabien Baan and what is, if, required?

Edited by MadMac

The yellow tabien baan registers the foreigners officially residing at that address. If you move to CM it is best to go on a yellow book there, as then you are officially residing in CM and thus can use CM-immigration.

It should be relatively easy to transfer your name, with permision of the owner of the house you newly register.

I moved within the same town and it was a very straightforward process. Neither my wife nor I can remember what we needed, I don't think it was anything, just a witness statement from the house owner (wife) I think. We went to the Taisaban and were in and out in 20 minutes. Just to to your local Taisaban with a Thai speaker and ask.

SDM

PS and it was free.

Edited by SDM0712

Sounds easy, we own the house in BKK as well as in CNX. So should be just a formality, hopefully.

I applied for the last extension in Bangkok, logically, but I read that you have to make notifications or subsequent extensions at the immigration in the area you live.

Joe, that is exactly my queston, I know I can do all here in CNX. My car has a CNX number and the address is in Bangkok. Same with bank accounts.

What I don't know, if there is any rule / problem / whatsoever if I apply for my extension, I have to have pictures taken from the house with the number, map, all that, but I actually do not live there. Mail would still arrive.

Guess it's a gray area.

The yellow book is not required to do your extension of stay you can use some other proof address to do it in Chiang Mai.

You can do your 90 day reports by using your address in Chiang Mai.

If you are now living in Chiang Mai you would do your extension there.

Just don't use the yellow house house at all when you do it.

Alright, that works for the next year. Clear.

Next extension I have to do then in Bangkok again. With pics from CNX? I'm not 50, sitll 6 years to go :).

I don't think it's a real problem, all can be done. Thais are registered somewhere, different system from the western world. But for us Farangs it may be not so easy. I may just try to go to the immi in CNX next year and apply for an extension, but likelihood is they send me to Bangkok.

If you are now living in Chiang Mai you would do your extension there.

Just don't use the yellow house house at all when you do it.

Alright, that works for the next year. Clear.

Next extension I have to do then in Bangkok again. With pics from CNX? I'm not 50, sitll 6 years to go smile.png.

I don't think it's a real problem, all can be done. Thais are registered somewhere, different system from the western world. But for us Farangs it may be not so easy. I may just try to go to the immi in CNX next year and apply for an extension, but likelihood is they send me to Bangkok.

You don't have to be registered any where. Having a yellow house book is not mandatory.

You will do your extension where you are living at the time you do it. You would use the photos for that house.

Why would Chiang Mai immigration send you to Bangkok if you are using an address on the application form.for Chiang Mai.

I transferred my wifes Yellow Tabieen Baan last year.

Unlike Thai citizens in the Blue Tabieen Baan who can transfer onto a new book at the new address, those in the yellow TB are required to formally leave the old one, requiring a visit to your old ampur, with the offical head of the household who gives permission for you to be taken off.

You are then given some paperwork which you take along to the new ampur and they use that to put you on the new one, again, with the permission of the new household head.

Paperwork wise, can't remember, but wise to bring the passport along as well as any other identifying documentation. Given how bureacrats work in Thailand, we just bring everything along, including birth certificates, kids BC's, marriage certifiates etc etc...what ever you have so they can't then ask for something out of left field.

All the best.

• Like 1