Should there be an "American section" to ThaiVisa?

CharlesHH

cheesy.gif

I am sure you will need a gun section there

I as a Dutchman would vote against it.. this is a nice melting pot and Americans can be just as bad as Brits and Dutch.

I suppose they could have a Redneck sub forum as well

Hi my Anura friend, what a great idea.

Maybe we could have a system in place where you are questioned when you log in to determine your status, for example, spell colour, what year did WW2 start, where are the WMDs, on which continent is Spain, Why do you still find Benny Hill/Mr. Bean to be funny, etc.

Then dependent on the level of your answers and knowledge, you would be automatically forwarded to a sub forum to meet your intelligence level.

This would also help to control the British Chavs, who would fit in well on a USA only based forum.

We could also have a gun section (as previously mentioned by ATF), which would be very popular.

The history, humour, healthy eating, geography, good beer guide and comedy sub forums could be combined, as these will be the least used.

• Like 2

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cheesy.gif

I am sure you will need a gun section there

I as a Dutchman would vote against it.. this is a nice melting pot and Americans can be just as bad as Brits and Dutch.

I suppose they could have a Redneck sub forum as well

Hi my Anura friend, what a great idea.

Maybe we could have a system in place where you are questioned when you log in to determine your status, for example, spell colour, what year did WW2 start, where are the WMDs, on which continent is Spain, Why do you still find Benny Hill/Mr. Bean to be funny, etc.

Then dependent on the level of your answers and knowledge, you would be automatically forwarded to a sub forum to meet your intelligence level.

This would also help to control the British Chavs, who would fit in well on a USA only based forum.

We could also have a gun section (as previously mentioned by ATF), which would be very popular.

The history, humour, healthy eating, geography, good beer guide and comedy sub forums could be combined, as these will be the least used.

That sounds like a wonderful idea Mr Tiger, the Chavs would fit in well in the USA forum.

What happened to the idea of the OP? this thread has been hijacked by flammers who resent America and Americans. They just can't stay on topic...PROVING...there should be a thread for Americans living in LOS a place to ask questions and share information without the PUB crowd hijacking.

Oh, how cute, a special needs forum for special needs people.

• Like 2

What happened to the idea of the OP? this thread has been hijacked by flammers who resent America and Americans. They just can't stay on topic...PROVING...there should be a thread for Americans living in LOS a place to ask questions and share information without the PUB crowd hijacking.

so you propose a thread for each and every nationality of expats?

I wonder now what's the point of this thread going on. We all know there aren't (and shouldn't) be separate nationality forums here.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

Why not go out to your local, or a week in pattaya,have a few cleansing ales with your expat comrades, you will pick up the accents & hav a laugh @ the same time, My favourite city is ubon, mainly pommie blokes & the occasional wee laddie, good bunch of blokes.

there you are problem solvedburp.gif .

regards songhklasid

Sorry, Sid, ales are not cleansing, rum is.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Jingthing you are so right. Totally hijacked threads should be closed. Also...ALL AMERICANS are NOT rednecks. Name calling should be banned. I feel some people get away with it out of pitty.

Edited by IAMSOBAD

Jingthing you are so right. Threads that show Americans in a poor light should be closed and the perpetrator of such sins should be locked away in Guantanamo Bay without a right to a trial.

Also.. all Americans are not rednecks, some are worse.

Edited by tonytigerbkk
  • Like 2

The majority consensus from the "flammers" is that colonial cousins should have their forum, provided the brethren stop invading other threads on TV so they agree with you so why are you being so rude to them ?

As regards hijacking and going off topic in threads, well the TV colonial cousin's know all about this dont they ?......."the price of milk in Isaan comes" up and the USer,s always start their reply...." In California, in Detroit, in LA etc"

• Like 1

The majority consensus from the "flammers" is that colonial cousins should have their forum, provided the brethren stop invading other threads on TV so they agree with you so why are you being so rude to them ?

As regards hijacking and going off topic in threads, well the TV colonial cousin's know all about this dont they ?......."the price of milk in Isaan comes" up and the USer,s always start their reply...." In California, in Detroit, in LA etc"

Aw come on -- invading is what we do best.

At last a colonial cousin with a sense of humour :D

I agree but someone should tell the Pentagon that invading just pisses people off. Wars need to be finished. Anyway the OP was a Professor at the equivalent of Chula in a previous post. Harvard? How could someone in that sort of position be so unworldly?

As far a Americans are concerned I like them and they make up at least 50% of my very close friends but a 7+1 magazine in New York is just not enough.

I agree but someone should tell the Pentagon that invading just pisses people off. Wars need to be finished. Anyway the OP was a Professor at the equivalent of Chula in a previous post. Harvard? How could someone in that sort of position be so unworldly?

As far a Americans are concerned I like them and they make up at least 50% of my very close friends but a 7+1 magazine in New York is just not enough.

Why shouldn't that someone be you? http://www.defense.gov/landing/comment.aspx

• Like 1

What would the forum be called?

Team America World Police?

Or maybe...."Those countries currently playing for the World Cup, that won at least one game"

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Yeah, but most of us Brits know that England are crap, so aren't really surprised.

If you want a forum were the Brits don't belong, try the World Cup Forum

That's funny.

They must feel pretty "left out" when watching the matches......blimey.

giggle.gifwhistling.gif

Suppose it's a bit like the Rounders World Series, that no other countries are involved in. Very lonely.

And then leaving..........

Hey -- more countries still left to invade,

BTW someone earlier mentioned support for George W. Bush on his Iraq policy. This is my voting record regarding la familia Bush:

Voted against George H.W. Bush as Reagan's Vice-President twice 1980, 1984

Voted against George H.W. Bush as President twice 1988, 1992

Voted against George W. Bush as President twice 2000, 2004

Voted against 'Jeb' Bush as Governor of Florida twice 1998, 2002

They never asked me about whom to invade when I lived in USA and they sure don't ask me now living here.

Edited by JLCrab

Hey -- more countries still left to invade

I think Uganda is next on the list?

I'd say I'm more concerned with the Spratley Islands off the coast of Vietnam in the South China Sea -- or ocean as some here would prefer it be called.

I'd say I'm more concerned with the Spratley Islands off the coast of Vietnam in the South China Sea -- or ocean as some here would prefer it be called.

Lol, how about invading Scotland, that would be fun.

I wonder now what's the point of this thread going on. We all know there aren't (and shouldn't) be separate nationality forums here.

"... what's the point of this thread going on"

Are you moderating?

'We all know' ... please don't speak on my behalf.

1361893855091s.jpg

Two Boo's Boo's in one post ... that's a Yogi Award.

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

Are you moderating?

'We all know' ... please don't speak on my behalf.

1361893855091s.jpg

Two Boo's Boo's in one post ... that's a Yogi Award.

If JingThing was moderating, this would be the most turgid and humourless place in Thailand (joking JT). However, he does have a valid point about not having separate forums, even he knows that. Although maybe time for a poll? Edited by mrtoad
  • Like 1

They didn't fair too well in Vietnam, Iraq, or Afghanistan, what chance do they think they have against a nation of hairy arsed Scotsmen who run around in dresses ? Edited by Soutpeel

They didn't fair too well in Vietnam, Iraq, or Afghanistan, what chance do they think they have against a nation of hairy arsed Scotsmen who run around in dresses ?

Given their track record, they'd struggle in Italy

• Like 1

They didn't fair too well in Vietnam, Iraq, or Afghanistan, what chance do they think they have against a nation of hairy arsed Scotsmen who run around in dresses ?

Given their track record, they'd struggle in Italy

A fighting chance in France maybe ?

none! laugh.png

Now Gentlemen and Forum friends.

Maybe a focus on the OP maybe as an alternative to having this thread closed.

That invisable line is starting to appear IMHO

I suppose I could punish you all with some baby photos ... whistling.gif