The 8 Baht ICE bags at 7/11 or Family

ronthai

I know, stupid, not important subject, well I am bored and got some time before sleeping, so here it is.

We all know the 8 baht bags of ice at 7/11 or Family or any other shop.

How many times you come home and half to 1-third is unusable, because it is a big "iceburg" that will never fit in any glass, unless you take the hammer out and really crush it.

My Family markt is now selling the Japanese ice at 15 baht, no holes in the middle, never a big half bag unusable bit,

just ice that fits in my glass.

Worth 15 baht to me.

post-102669-0-09193900-1403106233_thumb.

Edited by ronthai

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know know, probably not, a local factory, my guess.

Got Japanese ice in my Thai drink (SANGSOM RUM) now, with American Pepsi.

AM I INTERNATIONAL OR NOT cheesy.gif

... and smoking Indonesian cigarettes, iScore (37 baht for red or green),

330 a box at CP shops/markets

Edited by ronthai
  • Like 2

Dont know about International but based on the contents I would say more likely TOXIC !

MJ, I heard you died of mostly toxic meds and shit.

Glad the rumor was a lie as always, welcome to Thailand.

TIP, keep a low profile, don't get any moms or dads angry again

• Like 2

Dont know about International but based on the contents I would say more likely TOXIC !facepalm.gif

I believe you, you are the expert here about toxics

By the way, nice to see you are residing in Thailand now. Love to see you moonwalking in the discos and on the beach :)

My fridge has an automatic ice maker with a 5 litre reservoir. I never buy ice, just water @ 14 baht per 20 litres. coffee1.gif

Should get me one of those

Sang Som and water is my poison. I go through a lot of ice. By my reckoning, with my own ice-maker, the savings I will make means the fridge will pay for itself in only 43 years.

Everytime one opens the freezer to get icecubes the warm air goes into the freezer. An icemaker saves much electricity only because you don't have to open the door all the time.

Also it makes life so much easyier, i wouldn't live in Thailand without my icemaker.

• Like 1

i wouldn't live in Thailand without my icemaker.

I know a Cambodian bar girl in Patong who last week told me the exact same thing.

She dates an Australian guy who is a member of the Nomad bike gang.

Also i have a waterdispenser on the fridge which is great. I drink loads of glasses of water with ice a day so i don't even have to open my fridge to get that. Love it. The thing also drinks from the tap (with UV filter) so we always have ice and chilled water, full automatic.

i wouldn't live in Thailand without my icemaker.

I know a Cambodian bar girl in Patong who last week told me the exact same thing.

She dates an Australian guy who is a member of the Nomad bike gang.

Also i have a waterdispenser on the fridge which is great. I drink loads of glasses of water with ice a day so i don't even have to open my fridge to get that. Love it. The thing also drinks from the tap (with UV filter) so we always have ice and chilled water, full automatic.

Wow, that's incredible.
  • Like 2

I tend not to care for warm drinks/liquids and use a lot of ice.......

We have a friend that was having digestive problems and experiencing a lot of pain.....he went to see a few Doctors and was cautioned by a couple of them not to purchase ice as it was full of bacteria and some nasty chemicals......

We use a Pur water filter pitcher which we keep in the fridge & use the water for our 5 ice trays and any drinking/cooking. We also use the oval ice cream containers to freeze water for use in the small ice chest for a day trip or sports activity. Blocks of ice last much longer.....

If we have a group or party we just bag the ice from the trays (5) for a few days and everyone has enough. If we use the big ice chest for canned/bottled drinks I go get a big bag of ice from the local market and a block which I break in half - - - - if anyone wants to use that ice after others have stuck their hands in there it's their choice. The 5 trays gives us enough for smoothies for 4-5 people + some left for other use under normal conditions.....

As far as the 8 Baht bags are concerned I always wondered why they sold such small amounts of ice in such a warm climate. In Calif it's usually a 10 or 20 pound bag choice.....