Pattaya Police Inundated with Tourist-related crimes

webfact

Pattaya Police Inundated with Tourist-related crimes

tourist-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Thursday, Pattaya Police dealt with 4 criminal cases involving Tourists in the space of 30 minutes.

The first case involved Mr. Jayesh Kumar Ambarambhai aged 48 from India who was walking along Pattaya Beach close to the Tropicana Hotel when two Ladyboy’s approached him, embraced him and allegedly stole 900 US Dollars from his trouser pocket.

The next victim was Mr. Ian Pickford aged 55 from United Kingdom who was on a Baht Bus with his wife when a Thai Woman jumped-on and sat between the victim and his wife. When the pair returned to their Hotel Mr. Pickford realized that his wallet containing 24,000 Baht and 100 Pounds Sterling had been taken during the journey from Soi 7 to the front of Soi 2 on Pattaya Second Road.

Mr. Meisam Shirazi aged 34 from Iran was the next to report a crime. He claimed that as he walked along Pattaya Beach in front of Soi 4, a group of between 4-5 Ladyboy’s approached him and during an embrace a gold necklace worth a reported 200,000 Baht was removed from around his neck.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/132149/pattaya-police-inundated-with-tourist-related-crimes/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-06-19

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As already said why are people carrying around so much in cash. It's really quite naive to be honest.

That doesn't make it right though. These girls are really good at lifting wallets, I know from personal experience. I set off after breakfast to go shopping. It isn't just he cash that vanished when my wallet did, cards, licence, a real pain to sort. and the police, well here is your report for your insurance Mr rich farang...

As already said why are people carrying around so much in cash.

It's really quite naive to be honest.

It's even stupid when it's in a deserted area at 4 in the morning !

Would they do that at home? No.

• Like 2

As already said why are people carrying around so much in cash.

It's really quite naive to be honest.

It's even stupid when it's in a deserted area at 4 in the morning !

Would they do that at home? No.

Is it written all over your face how much you have in your pocket ?

Why people can't keep their hands where they belong e.g. in their own pockets instead of those of a tourist.

The downturn in tourism usually results in a crime increase, I think many Thais are currently finding it harder to make a living if they rely on tourism.

I would say that was a miscalculated analysis.

Even if tourist numbers are down, why would there be an increase in this sort of crime?

These crimes are actually very skilled and these people are professionals. These are career criminals.

We all know the vast majority of ladyboys are out and out criminals.... They do this sort of thing no matter how many tourists are in town.

So do the pickpockets.

They can make more in one snatch, than an honest Thai worker can make in a year.

I would say that your analysis is miscalculated. We all know the vast majority of ladyboys don't have a snatch clap2.gif

Why do tourists carry so many valuables as they saunter and galavant about?

Perhaps for some it is their first time here and they feel leaving them in the hotel room, or safe is less secure.

It is also a question as to why Pattaya police tolerate the ladyboys hanging around pestering/ assaulting and robbing people, and the notorious pick-pockets riding around on the baht buses. Strangely enough, when I clocked them once, they all got off and not one of them paid... it was a group of 3.

Edited by jacko45k

The downturn in tourism usually results in a crime increase, I think many Thais are currently finding it harder to make a living if they rely on tourism.

Even if tourist numbers are down, why would there be an increase in this sort of crime?

These crimes are actually very skilled and these people are professionals. These are career criminals.

We all know the vast majority of ladyboys are out and out criminals.... They do this sort of thing no matter how many tourists are in town.

So do the pickpockets.

They can make more in one snatch, than an honest Thai worker can make in a year.

They can make more in (or with) one snatch

no reason for there to be pickpockets all along the beach. its obviously a well used public area and it wouldnt be difficult to police it. maybe they need to bring the army in as the police in Pattaya obviously dont have a clue

They do it because, well, they can and crime does pay very well. Not much down side for locals committing crimes against foreigners.

Yeah,there are the professional criminals that would steal not matter how many tourists visit, but there is usually a correlation between unemployment and rising crime. Some locals who normally don't engage in criminal activities will go for it when their incomes suddenly drop. Not unique to Thailand- this happens world wide...

An off topic grammar police post has been removed along with replies:

3. If possible please proofread your post first, poor grammar and spelling can make the post difficult to understand. However be aware that not every member is a native english speaker and excessive posts regarding others spelling and grammar not only hijacks the topic but is poor netiquette.

• Like 1

So do the pickpockets.

The vast majority of ladyboys that I see are in normal jobs

• Like 2